watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pathetic ...

Started by howitis, January 26, 2020, 01:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

No surprises - we don't make a fist of anything.

ByTheRiver

Well, it's hardly a surprise is it? That's why some of us have been saying all week to play the youth team, preserve morale and energy levels for the games that are actually important.

Joke. Parker needs his head wobbled for this ludicrous nonsense.

howitis

Are any of our players premier league quality other than Mitro ?

ByTheRiver

Quote from: howitis on January 26, 2020, 01:29:52 PM
Are any of our players premier league quality other than Mitro ?

Fair.

Couple of potentials but, yeah, good point.

Mr K.Dilkington

And some people still wonder why not many people fancy going to these types of games. For years,domestically,I swear we've played to lose. I get prioritizing premier league survival/Promotion,but I agree that it is pathetic/embarrassing for the club to have this mindset.
Foolish ham

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 26, 2020, 01:38:46 PM
And some people still wonder why not many people fancy going to these types of games. For years,domestically,I swear we've played to lose. I get prioritizing premier league survival/Promotion,but I agree that it is pathetic/embarrassing for the club to have this mindset.

Complete opposite opinion here, I've said all week on the board - not a single first team player should have played today. Nothing game. Going to derail the promotion but with effect on morale and energy levels. For what, some outdated romantic notion? Nonsense.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:41:21 PM

Complete opposite opinion here, I've said all week on the board - not a single first team player should have played today. Nothing game. Going to derail the promotion but with effect on morale and energy levels. For what, some outdated romantic notion? Nonsense.

What absolute nonsense.
Should we have sent all the kids up and get walloped
10-0...They've got a strong side out,there 2nd eleven would nearly win premier.

terryr

To be honest 2-0 down with 10 men isn't half bad

Twig

Actually I think we've shown some spirit and some nice touches occasionally.  We all knew They had to have an off day for us to have any chance and that isn't happening. But comments like "pathetic", no way.

Mr K.Dilkington

I actually agree with you,because of current circumstances. It's the more half in,half out kind of approach we take.
Either go all out with the first 11 or play the kids and basically admit defeat. Instead we play the first 11,get more tired,pick up injuries,exit in an embarrassing fashion,while basically waving a white flag with the mentality we show in these games.
It's the faux seriousness that annoys me. Probably didn't explain my point before being hammered lol :).
Foolish ham

RaySmith

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2020, 01:47:41 PM

What absolute nonsense.
0001.jpeg

:plus one:

ByTheRiver

What absolute nonsense.

Yes, that's exactly what we should have done. The 10-0 would have had zero impact on morale and energy levels/injuries then.

If we lose against Huddersfield now, this is on folks like you to be honest.

Worcesterwhite

Got to be honest, didn't expect anything out of this game, surprised by how strong a lineup we have started considering our injury problems, would have preferred a weaker lineup and concentrate on next weeks game, as some have said this is a nothing fixture. Saying that fairplay to the supporters that have traveled to this game.

RaySmith

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:54:16 PM

What absolute nonsense.

Yes, that's exactly what we should have done. The 10-0 would have had zero impact on morale and energy levels/injuries then.

What a load of total cobblers.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: RaySmith on January 26, 2020, 01:58:38 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:54:16 PM

What absolute nonsense.

What a load of total cobblers.

I dearly hope you're right. We'll find out next weekend.

Logicalman

Lets be honest, SP had a catch 22 decision to make.

Do what he's done today and hope the players make a good showing, and hold the score down to something reasonable, or send the kids out for an absolute walloping and miserable day.
Either way we were not going to get anything out of this game as Pep needs some silver for the cabinet this season, and the FAC is a good prize to get (the starters he's picked show that).

SP couldn't have figured in the poor decision of one player, so all he, and we, can look for is holding this down to somewhere south of 4 goals now, which would be an achievement given we're playing 84 minutes with 10 men.

Seeing SP at the end of the first half waiting to see each player off the pitch was good to see, a nice touch for a coach that appreciates how hard this is for the players.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

filham

Hope Parker is now fully concentrating on Huddersfiel as there are going to be no positives for him to bring home today.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:24:40 PM
Well, it's hardly a surprise is it? That's why some of us have been saying all week to play the youth team, preserve morale and energy levels for the games that are actually important.

Disagree and a poor attitude, what energy levels are you talking about, they are well conditioned athletes, all this mollycoddling and wrapping players up in cotton wool sends out the wrong message to the players. Strong Spartan mentality is required namby pamby excuses for them, we haven't got a match until next Saturday, dear or dear I shake my head in disbelief.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Worcesterwhite

Exactly as you say we were always on for a hiding to nothing today. Take it on the chin and on to the next one

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2020, 02:02:19 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:24:40 PM

Disagree and a poor attitude, what energy levels are you talking about, they are well conditioned athletes, all this mollycoddling and wrapping players up in cotton wool sends out the wrong message to the players. Strong Spartan mentality is required namby pamby excuses for them, we haven't got a match until next Saturday, dear or dear I shake my head in disbelief.   

Ok, boomer,