more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pereira Joins

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 29, 2020, 07:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Pereira Joins

Tony Khan, Fulham Football Club's Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations today appointed Javier Pereira as Assistant Director of Football Operations with immediate effect.

In his role, Javier will work closely with Tony on football business matters including talent identification and development but his primary focus will be on embedding the club's playing philosophy through all Fulham's teams from youth level to the First Team, ensuring the attractive play Fulham is famous for is exemplified throughout the club.

A wealth of experience in Spanish football, Pereira became Assistant Manager to Slavisa Jokanovic during his time at Watford FC in 2014 where they achieved promotion to the Premier League, at Maccabi Tel Aviv, and at Fulham from 2015 – 2018 where promotion to the Premier League was also famously accomplished at Wembley stadium in the Championship play off final in May 2018.

After departing Fulham in 2018, Javier was appointed Assistant Manager to Jordi Cruyff at Chinese club Chongqing Lifan FC, where he ensured the club secured its position in the Chinese Super League for a further season.

Speaking of the appointment Tony Khan said:

"I am truly delighted to welcome Javier back to Fulham! I'm thrilled that he's agreed to join my staff, and I'm looking forward to working with him and striving to build a sustainable winning programme. I know Javier well from his time at the club, and we remained in contact after he left.  We share the same vision for Fulham and the same philosophy of football, and we'll work together to apply that shared vision to deliver success. I have the utmost respect in Javier's abilities, he's a true football man, understands our club, and is up for the challenge.

"We have a fantastic group of players and the commitment of our staff, day in and day out, is unrivalled in sport. Our Head Coach, Scott Parker, is dedicated to the success of the team, the squad and staff are fully behind him, and I know that with strong support we can make sure he has the resources to achieve what we all want, football being played at the Cottage back in the Premier League.

Come on Fulham."

Javier Pereira added:

"I was delighted to be asked by Tony to return to Fulham and assist him in football operations and adding value where I can. I really enjoyed my time here and have some great memories of our promotion winning season and I very much hope we can achieve the success the Chairman, the team and of course the fans deserve".

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/29/Pereira-Joins

ffcwickford

Excellent news and knows the club very well!

f321ffc

Khan jnr stepping aside?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

@jolslover

Class, sounds good and from a lot of sources ive heard he was very influential in the way we played under Joka

Good to see Tonys brought in an experienced football head to work alongside him. He's having a tremendous year for Fulham. Quality of players signed has been top notch and now listened to most of the fans experience worries bringing someone to work alongside him who has footballing experience
STH H3

Statto

Good news but also intriguing...

Penfold

Quote from: f321ffc on January 29, 2020, 07:35:42 PM
Khan jnr stepping aside?

Has his other interests (wrestling franchise etc.) I think he will have involvement but possibly a sign that he's stepping back slightly.

Let's see what occurs.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

brightster

Very much good news, looks like TK has finally realised his stats machine needs a football person inputting and reading the data results!
Well done TK, shows courage to ask for help.

ALG01

Dismal news i am afraid. It papers over the need for full backs
What exactly did he did when he was here before that should make me pleased.
Hoddle was a better choice.

@jolslover

Quote from: ALG01 on January 29, 2020, 07:55:14 PM

Whys that? because hes British so he gets the game unlike these fancy forners?
He hasn't had a job in 14 years apart from Redknapps assistant when QPR went down

On the other hand we have had genuine success under Pereira. He knows the club, the league and the football played under him and Joka shows he wants to play football the right way
STH H3

ByTheRiver

Hoddle? As in Glenn Hoddle?  :005:. Listen to his commentary. He knows less about football than us on this board. Being a good player doesn't mean you know anything about football.

Why do you think no one has touched him with a barge pole for twenty years?

Back on topic. I think this is a great move. It does raise a few questions though... Interesting...

brightster

Surely he will be better equipped to find our missing links than what we have at the moment, why the negativity? As for Hoddle he is past it now, the game has moved on from his time.

Friendsoffulham

Unbelievable, comments like this make me wonder why I keep this Forum going sometimes, it really does.

ALG01

Quote from: @jolslover on January 29, 2020, 08:00:38 PM

Whys that? because hes British so he gets the game unlike these fancy forners?
He hasn't had a job in 14 years apart from Redknapps assistant when QPR went down

On the other hand we have had genuine success under Pereira. He knows the club, the league and the football played under him and Joka shows he wants to play football the right way

could be you are right but under Joca's time recuritment was painful and perhaps he was more of a success than i am giving credit for. the dismal part is we need full backs

regarding hoddel he dropped out to run a soccer school/accademy that worked at giving players that didn't make it the first time, a second chance and show case their talent. i believe he was very successful at identifying talent that slipped through the net.

Fernhurst

Can he play RB??

Seriously, very interesting and aspirational, hope Scott is pleased with the appointment??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

sunburywhite

I suppose Eileen Drewery could be in charge of the cheese
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Chesh

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

colinwhite

Excellent news .Knows all concerned and will be agreat mentor for Scott as well as a man with alot of contacts . It also means we have someone in the building if things were to go pair shaped. A very smart move by the Khans.

Fulham Tup North

Excellent appointment...... let's see what the future brings 👍😀
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"