Main Menu

Anyone still willing to back Parker. Come on let’s have a laugh

Started by fulhamben, February 21, 2020, 09:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Quote from: snarks on February 24, 2020, 09:28:03 AM
Quote from: Asotosyios on February 22, 2020, 07:56:55 AM
Quote from: snarks on February 22, 2020, 07:34:38 AM
Ben your anti Parker posts are dull boring and repetitive we get it you don't like him. Give yourself a day off. I'll back him and continue todo so, then he'll leave or be replaced and I'll back the next one until he Leaves etc. We win more than we lose and so yes I'm happy enough.

I am not trying to defend Ben, but I get where he's coming from.

Obviously we are all Fulham fans and want Fulham to do well. However, this has a different meaning for each one of us. For some the result and especially the win is the king, while others are more interested in the quality of football. That's why some people are pro Parker (having us 3rd and still with a chance for an automatic promotion) and others anti Parker (the football is boring).

Personally, I am not a fan of Parker. As others have said, I didn't like his appointment in the first place and have found it very difficult to warm up to him. That doesn't mean I won't support the team or that I want him sacked. I wouldn't lose any sleep if I read that he had been fired, but realistically I expect him to be here until the end of the season. What I don't like and cannot support is the quality of our football this year, especially when you compare it with Jokanovic's era which was not that long ago. As Toshe's Mate put it on a different thread, "it's hollow and empty" and unfortunately that feeling has been there all season and won't go away regardless if we get promoted or not.

I don't think the football is boring - its not quick enough when it's 0 - 0 and we only started to play like we should when we went behind, quicker and more direct. My comment at Ben was for him it's personal as his "I don't care if we were 30 points clear, I'd still want him gone" post.

I also accept that we do want different things, but the Parker bashing is so dull. I log on here far less because of it. When we win it's the team, when we lose it's Scott's fault. We are 3rd FFS not 3rd from bottom. Everyone knows and stats bear it out, it's very hard for relegated teams to bounce straight back. Those that expected us to walk it are deluded IMHO. just look last time we were relegated under Felix, we were still one of the bookies favorites to go up that first season, it a 46 game season (or 49 via playoffs) lets now finish the season, then by all means let the haters have the MB for their opinions.

Perfectly said.

Logicalman

Quote from: Asotosyios on February 22, 2020, 07:56:55 AM
Quote from: snarks on February 22, 2020, 07:34:38 AM
Ben your anti Parker posts are dull boring and repetitive we get it you don't like him. Give yourself a day off. I'll back him and continue todo so, then he'll leave or be replaced and I'll back the next one until he Leaves etc. We win more than we lose and so yes I'm happy enough.

I am not trying to defend Ben, but I get where he's coming from.

Obviously we are all Fulham fans and want Fulham to do well. However, this has a different meaning for each one of us. For some the result and especially the win is the king, while others are more interested in the quality of football. That's why some people are pro Parker (having us 3rd and still with a chance for an automatic promotion) and others anti Parker (the football is boring).

Personally, I am not a fan of Parker. As others have said, I didn't like his appointment in the first place and have found it very difficult to warm up to him. That doesn't mean I won't support the team or that I want him sacked. I wouldn't lose any sleep if I read that he had been fired, but realistically I expect him to be here until the end of the season. What I don't like and cannot support is the quality of our football this year, especially when you compare it with Jokanovic's era which was not that long ago. As Toshe's Mate put it on a different thread, "it's hollow and empty" and unfortunately that feeling has been there all season and won't go away regardless if we get promoted or not.

I think every one of us can understand where he's coming from, both those who wish to stick by SP and those who want shot of him. The issue at hand, I feel, for those that are willing to stick with SP is that they are reading 'Sack SP' each time, for various reasons anywhere between 'boring football' to 'not enough experience' to 'we should be storming this league' (et al.) but nobody can provide a certainty who would give us 'excellent football' plus 'storming the league from this point on' to 'plenty of experience', because nobody can.

I am happy to stick with SP until the end of the season, simply because we are third in a division where, even over the past month, we have seen any team can beat any team, we have seen the top 2 clubs drop points in totally unexpected games. We are third even though we have an inexperienced manager. We are third because we have earned that place in the fizzy league, in the same way that WBA and Leeds have earned their placing as the top 2, and the other teams around us have earned their places.

If we get promotion I cannot see ANY manager being able to keep us up past the initial season because we don't have the squad to maintain that, and we cannot buy a squad capable of doing so and keep within FFP (unless some clubs have brain farts and sell us players at a vastly reduced rates). Perhaps half the squad will need to be replaced for that survival imo. Do I hope I'm wrong, of course I do, but I also recall a couple of seasons back storming the second half of the season and getting promoted just to be totally outclassed, outplayed, and embarrassed by what happened to us in the top flight.

So, we all know where Ben is coming from, and we're all in agreement with his sentiments - almost, but without the silver bullet to put everything right in the next 3 months, then that's all we have, sentiments.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Riverside

I will reply simply to the title of the thread

YES .
I am willing to back anyone that is manager at the time as I will back any player that is on the pitch.
I always want them to do well

Call me a supporter if you must rather than a fan .....