Coronavirus Thread / New / Old / Merged

Started by I Ronic, March 01, 2020, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

The obvious answer is to stop the season now
Cancel  the playoffs
Top 3 are promoted

Mince n Tatties

Personally I blame all these Vap smokers,blowing their crap over everyone as they walk down the street.😣

Fulham 442

Quote from: Baszab on March 11, 2020, 07:07:15 AM
Cancel  the playoffs
Top 3 are promoted
Good thinking!!

Andy S

I do agree about ending the season now and resolve what happens later

Andy S

Is Friday nights game a government experiment? If you want to take part go to the game if not stay at home and watch it on the Television

Neil D

Cancel  the playoffs
Top 3 are promoted
Exactly the same occurred to me.  I think it is eminently sensible and fair. 

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Neil D on March 11, 2020, 09:02:04 AM
Cancel  the playoffs
Top 3 are promoted
Exactly the same occurred to me.  I think it is eminently sensible and fair.

:yay: 064.gif   If only!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Ronnief

Cancel  the playoffs
Top 3 are promoted
Or forget this season. The leagues for next season stay the same and Liverpool will not be Champions. No promotion or relegation.

fulhamfan

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on March 11, 2020, 12:53:05 AM
Manchester City v Arsenal postponed

Hate to say I called it but I did say early in the thread that Wolves and Olympiakis owner getting Coronavirus will make the FA take action.

The game is postponed for testing as Arsenal recently played Olympiakos.

Arsenal played Portsmouth and West Ham after Olympiakos so are these teams cancelling their matches too?

Holders

Quote from: flyingfish on March 11, 2020, 07:03:44 AM
Think within a week we are going to see drastic measures. Many private companies are taking their own steps to protect staff (ie their assets) and so home working erc will become the norm for those able t. brentford game will be last home game this season with a crowd imo.

Doctors in Italy are saying that we're where they were two weeks ago. It'll be interesting to see in a week's time how many contracted it at Cruft's and, in a fortnight, how many at Cheltenham races. That would provoke a belated response. Door, horse, bolt.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: fulhamross on March 11, 2020, 10:18:51 AM
Quote from: Jurassic Parker on March 11, 2020, 12:53:05 AM
Manchester City v Arsenal postponed

Hate to say I called it but I did say early in the thread that Wolves and Olympiakis owner getting Coronavirus will make the FA take action.

The game is postponed for testing as Arsenal recently played Olympiakos.

Arsenal played Portsmouth and West Ham after Olympiakos so are these teams cancelling their matches too?

If any Arsenal players test positive then yes I imagine they will be!

And then the dominoes affect will be in full effect

fulhamfan

It's all a bit half arsed for me. Cheltenham still going on with quarter of a million people mingling together.
Government reaction has been poor

SuffolkWhite

It all depends on the plan Government have, eg let everyone get it because it is too difficult to control Or quarantine everyone and go the way Italy have? Thing is if the Italy lock down does not work and they have a pandemic then what do you do?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

F(f)CUK

There are two options and which is better depends on when we get a vaccine. If we can get a vaccine before December then do everything humanly possible to stop the progression of the virus. If not available until after March 2021 let everyone catch it. We don't want this virus hitting at the same time as other viruses.

Mince n Tatties

All Forest players have been tested negative.

Mince n Tatties

The Navy while this is going on shouldn't be taking the people in these boats to our shores,they should take them back to France where they have left from,when they pick them up.
You don't know how many are carriers.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Budget 2020

Watching a man married to a Billionaires daughter dishing out a few pennies to the poor and seemingly whose priority is that the Economy survives Coronavirus... Not so much the people.

That's why events such as football and Cheltenham are still going on (at the moment), money., That's it.... The should have stopped such gatherings and event things at least a week ago.

Holders

This is from the editor of The Lancet: "The UK government—Matt Hancock and Boris Johnson—claim they are following the science. But that is not true. The evidence is clear. We need urgent implementation of social distancing and closure policies. The government is playing roulette with the public. This is a major error."
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on March 11, 2020, 01:37:12 PM
Budget 2020

Watching a man married to a Billionaires daughter dishing out a few pennies to the poor and seemingly whose priority is that the Economy survives Coronavirus... Not so much the people.

That's why events such as football and Cheltenham are still going on (at the moment), money., That's it.... The should have stopped such gatherings and event things at least a week ago.

Why don't you just stop people out shopping and so on then...How many thousands are out and about in Oxford St  and the likes in London,and other major cities.No different to the crowds at Cheltenham or at a Footie match.
Let's all hide under the bed eh...Nonsense.

john dempsey

UK. entry in Eurovision song contest is.
MY LAST BREATH very apt...