watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

Whether or not Mawson was 3rd or 5th choice, he's a CB with PL experience that we're yet to replace. I'm not saying he performed well, but our current options are blatantly unacceptable. Tah's been rumoured - this signing would go some way to shutting me up. However, right now, we as fans are entitled to feel aggrieved.

WestSussexWhite

Buendia at Norwich apparently available for 10-15 million, surely we should be all over that

Southcoastffc

Quote from: keithh on September 16, 2020, 10:56:17 AM
Said before that waiting for something to happen is a tad frustrating. I log on every late morning & early evening hoping for transfer news and although I mostly enjoy the banter (although even that is beginning to get repetitive) I am beginning to get impatient with the club's seemingly inaction. I pen this hoping that immediately after I press send I'm proved wrong.
Isn't that the key word though? Statistically unproven but I'd put money on > 99.9% of posters on this thread not actually knowing what is happening.  (Including me)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FFC1987

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 16, 2020, 11:34:06 AM
Said before that waiting for something to happen is a tad frustrating. I log on every late morning & early evening hoping for transfer news and although I mostly enjoy the banter (although even that is beginning to get repetitive) I am beginning to get impatient with the club's seemingly inaction. I pen this hoping that immediately after I press send I'm proved wrong.
Isn't that the key word though? Statistically unproven but I'd put money on > 99.9% of posters on this thread not actually knowing what is happening.  (Including me)

I'm 100% certain that 99.9% statistic is made up and unsubstantiated.

filham

If you could let us know who the 0.1 percent are who are in the know then I promise to keep it quiet and will listen to their every word without comment.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 16, 2020, 11:35:29 AM

I'm 100% certain that 99.9% statistic is made up and unsubstantiated.

There are lies, dammed lies and statistics.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on September 16, 2020, 11:40:44 AM
If you could let us know who the 0.1 percent are who are in the know then I promise to keep it quiet and will listen to their every word without comment.
Slight misinterpretation on your part!  ">99.9%" n= 0.1%!   :003:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Beginning to think that we are not getting a new centre back until deadline day so we are going to play a good few game with Hector, Reamm, MLM and Odoi as the options. Just hope we don't repeat last year's farce and miss the deadline.

gerrys

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 16, 2020, 10:45:16 AM
Quote from: sarnian on September 16, 2020, 10:16:59 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 16, 2020, 09:21:49 AM
Tah is (unfortunately) not going to join a team that, at this point, are odds against to get relegated. Why would he want that on his CV at this point? Let's not waste team (as we allegedly did with Hinteregger) and go after some realistic targets and get them in quick. It's already now probably too late for Leeds. So, if we lose that, the lost of targets narrows still further (as we edge towards even more likely relegation).

I have to say, I am quite shocked that no CB has been brought in yet. It's possibly a bigger mess up than 18/19. Sigh.

/

Hangeland joined when we were even bigger certainties to go down.

Hangeland was coming from the Norwegian league so it was an enormous step up in his career.

I thought that we bought him from Copenhagen who do play in Champions League.......surely that's in Denmark.....

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 16, 2020, 11:27:57 AM
Buendia at Norwich apparently available for 10-15 million, surely we should be all over that

I heard £20m. Either way I really want him here.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 16, 2020, 11:57:02 AM

My only concerns wit him is, does he work hard enough defensively?

@jolslover

Would be the best signing (Minus a CB!) we could make this summer. Need a player with his creativity.
STH H3

We Are Premier League

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 16, 2020, 03:15:32 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 15, 2020, 10:16:39 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 15, 2020, 10:06:24 PM
Does anyone else think this Tah rumour may be a smokescreen for someone else coming in?

No I think it is just smoke from somebody trying to find news and puffing away at some stuff a mate of theirs sold them down the pub at some exorbitant price.

I think Tony Khan genuinely wants Tah, but the rumour might be a smokescreen for Tay finding a club marginally more likely to stay up in premier league. I doubt we will get Tay before Leeds, and however wins that game is more likely to get him.
Tah was left on the bench the other day, but they were playing a poor tem in the cup so it might not say much...coach did say that they need more more left footed and less right footed defenders...

Bracken White

Rather than seeking another attacking midfielder (Buendia) I'd prefer that our resources focus on a CF & CH. Josh King would be excellent & someone of the ilk of Jonathan Tah, too.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 16, 2020, 12:23:17 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 16, 2020, 03:15:32 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 15, 2020, 10:16:39 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 15, 2020, 10:06:24 PM
Does anyone else think this Tah rumour may be a smokescreen for someone else coming in?

No I think it is just smoke from somebody trying to find news and puffing away at some stuff a mate of theirs sold them down the pub at some exorbitant price.

I think Tony Khan genuinely wants Tah, but the rumour might be a smokescreen for Tay finding a club marginally more likely to stay up in premier league. I doubt we will get Tay before Leeds, and however wins that game is more likely to get him.
Tah was left on the bench the other day, but they were playing a poor tem in the cup so it might not say much...coach did say that they need more more left footed and less right footed defenders...

I had a look at some of their lines up for the last 15 games, if they play a back 4 he doesn't get selected, if they play 3CB he plays as RCB or comes off the bench

Deeping_white

Quote from: Bracken White on September 16, 2020, 12:36:38 PM
Rather than seeking another attacking midfielder (Buendia) I'd prefer that our resources focus on a CF & CH. Josh King would be excellent & someone of the ilk of Jonathan Tah, too.

We need a creative player and a striker ideally (on top of two centre backs) - we didn't create much against Arsenal and cant rely on moments of genius all season. We need someone to play between the lines and pop up in space to create chances, else we may find ourselves struggling to score.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: gerrys on September 16, 2020, 11:47:46 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 16, 2020, 10:45:16 AM
Quote from: sarnian on September 16, 2020, 10:16:59 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 16, 2020, 09:21:49 AM
Tah is (unfortunately) not going to join a team that, at this point, are odds against to get relegated. Why would he want that on his CV at this point? Let's not waste team (as we allegedly did with Hinteregger) and go after some realistic targets and get them in quick. It's already now probably too late for Leeds. So, if we lose that, the lost of targets narrows still further (as we edge towards even more likely relegation).

I have to say, I am quite shocked that no CB has been brought in yet. It's possibly a bigger mess up than 18/19. Sigh.

/

Hangeland joined when we were even bigger certainties to go down.

Hangeland was coming from the Norwegian league so it was an enormous step up in his career.

I thought that we bought him from Copenhagen who do play in Champions League.......surely that's in Denmark.....

Yes, I meant Danish league and someone had already pointed it out. I didn't feel the need to edit as it's obviously a quickly typed basic error. I have been to Copenhagen twice, the first on the way to our Hamburg final - a long around the houses trip to avoid the hastily increased airfares - beautiful city. Anyway... I am also aware of the CL link but if you can't see the difference between the two then I'm not sure anything I can say can help you in this matter.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 16, 2020, 11:59:35 AM

My only concerns wit him is, does he work hard enough defensively?

Yes. Very good tackling stats for an offensive player, averaging 2.3 tackles per game.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theroar.com.au/2020/04/04/why-every-premier-league-club-should-be-trying-to-sign-emiliano-buendia/amp/

Statto

Quite right, no one on here knows what's happening behind the scenes. But if you instruct a builder to build a wall, give him the bricks, mortar, labour and go away for a week, then you come back and there is no wall, you don't need to be an expert in building or to know what happened all week in order to be aggrieved, you just know there is no wall. And there is no centre back. That's all we need to know really.