Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Quote from: Hoppus on September 15, 2020, 09:42:31 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on September 15, 2020, 09:37:57 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on September 15, 2020, 09:14:23 PM
I just read in a Norwegian newspaper that Joshua King just changed to a different agent.
Several English clubs are interested in him.
He would be a perfect fit for Fulham.
interesting

Do you have a link to the article?

Only in Norwegian, sorry: https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/agentfirma-om-joshua-king---han-har-signert-for-oss/3424019250.html
King has until recently had Jim Solbakken as an agent, but is now listed with Rogon GMBH & Co. on Transfermarkt .

- I can confirm that. He has signed for our company, says Régis Dorn in Rogon to Nettavisen and continues.

- I do not work directly with him. But I know he has signed an agreement with us.

It has been less than half a year since King signed for Solbakken , but the national team striker has now changed agent again, after he was represented earlier in his career by Chris Welbeck, Watford's brother Danny Welbeck.

The 28-year-old is also not listed on Solbakken's client list on Transfermarkt.

The online newspaper has tried to get a comment from Solbakken. He has not yet responded to our inquiry.

King himself will neither confirm nor deny the change of agent.

- No comment, he says to Nettavisen.

The striker has also previously been tight-lipped about his own future:

The online newspaper is informed that it is agent Jordan Demetriou who represents King in Rogon, and that the Bournemouth striker switched to the Germany-based company a few days ago.

King relegated from the Premier League to Bournemouth last season. He lost his usual suit number seven last week, something many have taken as a sign that he is on his way away from the club.

Earlier this summer, he has been heavily connected to other big clubs. Among those mentioned are Newcastle, Manchester United, Tottenham and Aston Villa.

The striker has, among other things, trained with Stabæk this summer to keep going, and is expected to find a new club before the transfer window closes.

WestSussexWhite

Does anyone else think this Tah rumour may be a smokescreen for someone else coming in?

Rambler

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 15, 2020, 10:06:24 PM
Does anyone else think this Tah rumour may be a smokescreen for someone else coming in?

Probably for someone significantly more disappointing

Lighthouse

No I think it is just smoke from somebody trying to find news and puffing away at some stuff a mate of theirs sold them down the pub at some exorbitant price.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WestSussexWhite

Benfica got knocked out of the champions league tonight, and are now said to need to make up 40 million +, I wonder whether this may mean the Florentino Luis deal will be easier now?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 15, 2020, 11:34:06 PM
Benfica got knocked out of the champions league tonight, and are now said to need to make up 40 million +, I wonder whether this may mean the Florentino Luis deal will be easier now?

Luis wasn't even on Benfica's bench.    Might have been out due to injury...OR...

If Benfica want more than £30 million they can go suck rocks. 

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 15, 2020, 10:16:39 PM

No I think it is just smoke from somebody trying to find news and puffing away at some stuff a mate of theirs sold them down the pub at some exorbitant price.

I think Tony Khan genuinely wants Tah, but the rumour might be a smokescreen for Tay finding a club marginally more likely to stay up in premier league. I doubt we will get Tay before Leeds, and however wins that game is more likely to get him.

Riversider

With Spurs signing both a left back and Bale, where does this leave Sessegnon ?
Perhaps we should make a £15 million bid 😉

Nero

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 16, 2020, 03:15:32 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 15, 2020, 10:16:39 PM

I think Tony Khan genuinely wants Tah, but the rumour might be a smokescreen for Tay finding a club marginally more likely to stay up in premier league. I doubt we will get Tay before Leeds, and however wins that game is more likely to get him.

Tahs probably never heard of Leeds 16 years in the wilderness, and they hardly stormed the championship, ok they scored a few against a poor on he day Liverpool defende but let in 4 that could have been a lot more, think Fulham think Slav think last time we where in the Premier league all attack and no defence doesnt work

Barrett487

sarnian

Quote from: Barrett487 on September 16, 2020, 08:36:57 AM
TM (Germany) are rating Tah's move to us as 35% probability, not overwhelming as yet.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/geruchtekuche/detail/forum/154/gk_verein_id/931

Probably nothing in this rumour.  His name was mentioned on this site as a possibility, then re posted by Hammy End.com later. Nothing else from any  reputable sources until this German report which seems to carry no conviction.

Another nothing rumour. :dead horse:

@jolslover

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on September 15, 2020, 09:45:54 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on September 15, 2020, 09:14:23 PM
I just read in a Norwegian newspaper that Joshua King just changed to a different agent.
Several English clubs are interested in him.
He would be a perfect fit for Fulham.

He'd be amazing for Fulham. One of Bournemouth's key players.

Wasn't he recently linked to United though? He may well see it as a relatively unambitious move to come here.

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 15, 2020, 08:56:48 PM
Quote from: Radiowhite on September 15, 2020, 08:51:01 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 15, 2020, 08:45:51 PM
Quote from: Bryanthebroom on September 15, 2020, 08:35:48 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on September 15, 2020, 07:44:54 PM
Dont get the excitement of Luis

Probably because you haven't played football manager ha ha!

I always wonder if the mention of Football Manager is a dig/insult to people in regards to their judgement of players.   Is it?
Definitely not

Hope not.  I love FM, but before I get excited about a player I try to watch a few of that player's games. :)

Definitely not a dig!!! It was a bit of a joke, but I do always get excited about these young players. Having said that, they can turn out to be a Joao Felix or a Gaston Ramirez.

Turn out to be a Joao Felix ie transfer to Atletico Madrid for 110m? He's still only 20 and when I watched Atletico play against Leipzig he came on and completely changed the game. Don't think you can put him in the 'flop' category yet
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: sarnian on September 16, 2020, 09:03:37 AM
TM (Germany) are rating Tah's move to us as 35% probability, not overwhelming as yet.

Probably nothing in this rumour.  His name was mentioned on this site as a possibility, then re posted by Hammy End.com later. Nothing else from any  reputable sources until this German report which seems to carry no conviction.

I agree that it's probably a nothing rumour, it was reported on the Telegraph before this site though
STH H3

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: sarnian on September 16, 2020, 09:03:37 AM

The telegraph reported it too...

Classic94

I'm surprised we let Mawson go without a replacement primed to join... We currently have 3 regular CB's, 2 of which aren't good enough and the other's unproven. Seems bizarre.

@jolslover

Quote from: Classic94 on September 16, 2020, 09:10:37 AM
I'm surprised we let Mawson go without a replacement primed to join... We currently have 3 regular CB's, 2 of which aren't good enough and the other's unproven. Seems bizarre.

I would be very surprised if we didn't sign a CB before the window closes
STH H3

fulhamfever

Quote from: @jolslover on September 16, 2020, 09:14:55 AM
Quote from: Classic94 on September 16, 2020, 09:10:37 AM

I would be very surprised if we didn't sign a CB before the window closes

I wouldn't this is TK we speaking about.

ByTheRiver

Tah is (unfortunately) not going to join a team that, at this point, are odds against to get relegated. Why would he want that on his CV at this point? Let's not waste team (as we allegedly did with Hinteregger) and go after some realistic targets and get them in quick. It's already now probably too late for Leeds. So, if we lose that, the lost of targets narrows still further (as we edge towards even more likely relegation).

I have to say, I am quite shocked that no CB has been brought in yet. It's possibly a bigger mess up than 18/19. Sigh.

rebel

Tah and Hector would be a great partnership, both over 6' 5'' so negate any aerial threat (except against Arsenal).