more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So do you still want/think Parker is the right man

Started by Allestree andy, June 27, 2020, 04:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Bring Slavisa back now!
We will walk the rest of the season in results rather than walk the rest of the season literally as we attempt to do now!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 27, 2020, 04:46:30 PM
No, but the longer he's here the worse it is mentally for the fans. But you can't sack him now. Let him see this through, then when it fails, sack him and let him become a really decent Futsol coach which he was destined to be.

:plus one:

This.   Let him finish the season, but TK use the rest of this season to watch LOTS of other coaches and figure out what style of football we want to play next season.  Pretty football isn't unique to Slav, and not unique to English football.

Even if we get promoted I do NOT want this style of football on the football squad I support.   

And NO, I don't want Slav back. The second I heard he turned down an offered contract I didn't need him back.

I can think of 4 La Liga managers I'd bring in to COACH a style of football to these players.   They currently looked poorly coached, but sometimes are good on the ball.

Brawn

I would hazard a guess there is a 100% overlap between people who want Parker gone now and people who wanted Kit sacked after 2014/15 for finishing 17th with Magath's mess of a side.

Admittedly, Parkerball is "my" style of football, but we've had two games where we've done very well and the scoreline hasn't reflected the result. That indicates a poor defence rather than poor management: you judge a manager by the performance of the team, and we've been pretty good, I feel.

Also, Slav's not coming back. Get over it.

Logicalman

Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 27, 2020, 05:14:55 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on June 27, 2020, 05:09:48 PM
Nope.
He's been wrong for a long time.

Can't change him till season over tho.

Why not? Warnock came in at Boro and they won 0-2 away at Stoke today. I'd say at this point, our best chance of getting promoted this season is making the change immediately.

For Who then?

Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 27, 2020, 05:15:45 PM
Bring Slavisa back now!
We will walk the rest of the season in results rather than walk the rest of the season literally as we attempt to do now!

Be realistic, he's not currently available and he wouldn't come back here for anything short of total autonomy over player purchases and sales.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Today we played like 11 players who hadn't even seen each other before, as opposed to a team that has been drilled together and knew their purpose.

I cannot name, with certainty, any player that actual gave above 50% effort today unfortunately.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Wolf

Quote from: Brawn on June 27, 2020, 05:21:11 PM
I would hazard a guess there is a 100% overlap between people who want Parker gone now and people who wanted Kit sacked after 2014/15 for finishing 17th with Magath's mess of a side

And a 100% Overlap with Parker and Symons in the "should never have been appointed" category. Although to be fair Symons has done great since.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Bill2

The proverbial old chestnut of if not SP who?
Lets be fair Leeds tactics were hardly top draw stuff, lump it long and wide and let the wingers beat our defence for pace which seems to happen all too easily. Also as soon as we had the ball in our half Leeds shut us down quickly and you have the likes of Tim Ream getting hustled off the ball.

Southdowns White

I would hazard a guess there is a 100% overlap between people who want Parker gone now and people who wanted Kit sacked after 2014/15 for finishing 17th with Magath's mess of a side.

Admittedly, Parkerball is "my" style of football, but we've had two games where we've done very well and the scoreline hasn't reflected the result. That indicates a poor defence rather than poor management: you judge a manager by the performance of the team, and we've been pretty good, I feel.

Not a criticism, just an observation i seem to have missed where the  'two games where we've done very well and the scoreline hasn't reflected the result'? I think I may have missed them. We have not looked dangerous, motivated or prepared for the resumption of the football season.  Parker may end up being the best manager in the world, but he is not ready for championship at the moment, Our players looked lost and unconnected often passing the ball speculatively to no one, giving away possession across the pitch. for me our midfield offered little protection for our defenders or no supply to mitro who was really our only out and out attack.
Unless this is Parker's master-plan to go through via the playoffs by lulling all the opposition into thinking we are utter pants, which I do not believe, I can't see he has a future at our club.

Brawn

Just to add to what I said:

I think Scott is better than people give him credit for, largely because he is unfairly compared to the (hugely overrated) Jokanovic. Remember that Jokanovic finished 21st (compared to 12th when Kit was sacked), 6th, and 3rd in 2.5 seasons with the club, and Scott is currently 4th, with a squad that, in my view, is not as good as the one that finished 3rd.

I haven't seen a single media organisation even raise the question of Scott being sacked yet.

fulhamben

and those who wanted kit gone were right wasn't they, we wasted another season on him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hovewhite

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 27, 2020, 05:08:44 PM
Would we get a new Manager bounce if SP goes?

I think there is a combination of things going on here, poor tactics normally (not today though), players not doing it for real but look good on paper. But overall soooo inconsistent all season.

I would change SP at the end of the season when we fail to go up.

I  agree with that post 100%

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Penfold

Quote from: Brawn on June 27, 2020, 05:48:17 PM

I think Scott is better than people give him credit for, largely because he is unfairly compared to the (hugely overrated) Jokanovic. Remember that Jokanovic finished 21st (compared to 12th when Kit was sacked), 6th, and 3rd in 2.5 seasons with the club, and Scott is currently 4th, with a squad that, in my view, is not as good as the one that finished 3rd.

I haven't seen a single media organisation even raise the question of Scott being sacked yet.

I think he's safe as the Khan's seem to like him.

On the issue of the squad, this is a far more expensively assembled squad than the one that finished third.

Therefore, would you say that the recruitment team have been poor?

Brawn

Quote from: Penfold on June 27, 2020, 06:26:05 PM

On the issue of the squad, this is a far more expensively assembled squad than the one that finished third.

It's only vastly more expensive because of the fact it's not overreliant on loanees compared to the team that went to Wembley. In a few key positions, namely both full backs, we are weaker now than we were then, objectively, and on the left wing Sessegnon is better than Cavaleiro/BDR. When we are fully fit, we are arguably better at DM (Reed vs McDonald) but McDonald (31) is two years older now in any case, as is Johansen (29), and arguably past their best.

Ever since Shahid Khan took over we have overspent in the Premier League (even Martin Jol: Boateng, Parker, Stekelenburg, Mesca, Bent, Taarabt totally unnecessary signings) and made poor player decisions in the Championship (Sakari Matilla and Thanos Petsos anyone?). The player turnover in the last 5 years is ridiculous. The recruitment has been generally poor, whether it was Jol, Meulensteen, Magath, Mike Rigg, or whoever, frankly. Since Mike Rigg's appointment in 2014 only Claudio Ranieri appears to have had any say in players incoming and these were generally quite good (Babel, Nordvtiet, shame we didn't see more of Markovic). So I do think the DoF model is not right for the club.

bill taylors apprentice

I never did think he was right but that doesn't make me feel better knowing it!

Penfold

Quote from: Brawn on June 27, 2020, 06:36:25 PM
Quote from: Penfold on June 27, 2020, 06:26:05 PM

It's only vastly more expensive because of the fact it's not overreliant on loanees compared to the team that went to Wembley. In a few key positions, namely both full backs, we are weaker now than we were then, objectively, and on the left wing Sessegnon is better than Cavaleiro/BDR. When we are fully fit, we are arguably better at DM (Reed vs McDonald) but McDonald (31) is two years older now in any case, as is Johansen (29), and arguably past their best.

Ever since Shahid Khan took over we have overspent in the Premier League (even Martin Jol: Boateng, Parker, Stekelenburg, Mesca, Bent, Taarabt totally unnecessary signings) and made poor player decisions in the Championship (Sakari Matilla and Thanos Petsos anyone?). The player turnover in the last 5 years is ridiculous. The recruitment has been generally poor, whether it was Jol, Meulensteen, Magath, Mike Rigg, or whoever, frankly. Since Mike Rigg's appointment in 2014 only Claudio Ranieri appears to have had any say in players incoming and these were generally quite good (Babel, Nordvtiet, shame we didn't see more of Markovic). So I do think the DoF model is not right for the club.

All fair points.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Allestree andy on June 27, 2020, 04:26:31 PM
On this performance no I have never been in favour of Parker but have given him the benifit of doubt but I can't any longer I'm so bloody annoyed we are better than this

Who is the right man ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

In fairness to Parker yesterday he did not have the material on the bench to exercise an effective Plan .B had he wanted to. We have wingers but are woefully short of experienced striker cover as back up for or replacement of Mitro when changes need to be made. There was only AK missing and yet it would have been impossible to put on any more forwards had he wanted to. Putting on three defenders as he did yesterday was a damage limitation exercise for the purpose of morale and to keep some fresh legs for Tuesday. After yesterday I use the word fresh loosely!
Having said that we have players being mentioned on this thread to start who are past their best and at best are now just useful squad players and I fear that next season we could be in a mid table rebuilding exercise hopefully under the guidance of a new more experienced manager. The Slavs and the Roys of this world are hard to come by.

Bill2

Quote from: Southdowns White on June 27, 2020, 05:44:34 PM

Not a criticism, just an observation i seem to have missed where the  'two games where we've done very well and the scoreline hasn't reflected the result'? I think I may have missed them. We have not looked dangerous, motivated or prepared for the resumption of the football season.  Parker may end up being the best manager in the world, but he is not ready for championship at the moment, Our players looked lost and unconnected often passing the ball speculatively to no one, giving away possession across the pitch. for me our midfield offered little protection for our defenders or no supply to mitro who was really our only out and out attack.
Unless this is Parker's master-plan to go through via the playoffs by lulling all the opposition into thinking we are utter pants, which I do not believe, I can't see he has a future at our club.
To be fair we have been on the receiving end of some awful refereeing decisions with penalties not given, Bristol home and away to name but 2, even yesterday had that foul on Mitro been anywhere else on the pitch and the handball the ref would have given a free kick. Also we wiped the floor with West Brom at home only to be denied by some fantastic goalkeeping and how did we lose to Reading. But if you don't score the goals you don't win, so therein lies the problem in my mind.

RaySmith

I don't agree that the players didn't put the effort in - we just weren't good enough, despite outplaying Leeds for most of the first half, but filing to take our chances, and  not being awarded a clear pen.
But our defending  undid us.

Our players aren't as good as people say, but i don't think there's a lack of effort.

Agree that we just don't have the players to come off the bench and change  games, especially with Kamara out - for several weeks GJ said  he'd heard.