https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So do you still want/think Parker is the right man

Started by Allestree andy, June 27, 2020, 04:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on June 27, 2020, 05:52:38 PM
Quote from: Brawn on June 27, 2020, 05:21:11 PM
I would hazard a guess there is a 100% overlap between people who want Parker gone now and people who wanted Kit sacked after 2014/15 for finishing 17th with Magath's mess of a side.

Admittedly, Parkerball is "my" style of football, but we've had two games where we've done very well and the scoreline hasn't reflected the result. That indicates a poor defence rather than poor management: you judge a manager by the performance of the team, and we've been pretty good, I feel.

Also, Slav's not coming back. Get over it.
and those who wanted kit gone were right wasn't they, we wasted another season on him.

Yep

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on June 28, 2020, 03:33:09 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 27, 2020, 05:52:38 PM
Quote from: Brawn on June 27, 2020, 05:21:11 PM
I would hazard a guess there is a 100% overlap between people who want Parker gone now and people who wanted Kit sacked after 2014/15 for finishing 17th with Magath's mess of a side.

Admittedly, Parkerball is "my" style of football, but we've had two games where we've done very well and the scoreline hasn't reflected the result. That indicates a poor defence rather than poor management: you judge a manager by the performance of the team, and we've been pretty good, I feel.

Also, Slav's not coming back. Get over it.
and those who wanted kit gone were right wasn't they, we wasted another season on him.

Yep
im going to say that there is a correlation between those who didnt want to sack lawrie sanchez and those who want to keep parker.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Brawn

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 28, 2020, 09:36:39 AM
In fairness to Parker yesterday he did not have the material on the bench to exercise an effective Plan .B had he wanted to. We have wingers but are woefully short of experienced striker cover as back up for or replacement of Mitro when changes need to be made. There was only AK missing and yet it would have been impossible to put on any more forwards had he wanted to. Putting on three defenders as he did yesterday was a damage limitation exercise for the purpose of morale and to keep some fresh legs for Tuesday. After yesterday I use the word fresh loosely!
Having said that we have players being mentioned on this thread to start who are past their best and at best are now just useful squad players and I fear that next season we could be in a mid table rebuilding exercise hopefully under the guidance of a new more experienced manager. The Slavs and the Roys of this world are hard to come by.

I felt that MLM for Joe Bryan and Johansen for Arter were the "you've been utter shite today and you're coming off" type of substitution. Well deserved too.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Brawn on June 28, 2020, 09:46:41 PM
In fairness to Parker yesterday he did not have the material on the bench to exercise an effective Plan .B had he wanted to. We have wingers but are woefully short of experienced striker cover as back up for or replacement of Mitro when changes need to be made. There was only AK missing and yet it would have been impossible to put on any more forwards had he wanted to. Putting on three defenders as he did yesterday was a damage limitation exercise for the purpose of morale and to keep some fresh legs for Tuesday. After yesterday I use the word fresh loosely!
Having said that we have players being mentioned on this thread to start who are past their best and at best are now just useful squad players and I fear that next season we could be in a mid table rebuilding exercise hopefully under the guidance of a new more experienced manager. The Slavs and the Roys of this world are hard to come by.

I felt that MLM for Joe Bryan and Johansen for Arter were the "you've been utter shite today and you're coming off" type of substitution. Well deserved too.

I think it was Parker throwing the towel and looking at the QPR game thinking "let's keep Bryan and Arter fresh for Wednesday". I doubt we will see MLM or Johansen starting against QPR.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Allestree andy on June 27, 2020, 04:26:31 PM
On this performance no I have never been in favour of Parker but have given him the benifit of doubt but I can't any longer I'm so bloody annoyed we are better than this

To me, good coaches/managers have teams which improve as the season progresses. I struggle to see where this team has in any aspect.

The other part is this team is so painfully methodical in its play, it feels like a race car driving around with the parking break on. I think that can have a draining effect on the players as well which contributes to the lackluster performances.

Replacing the mgr would be a no lose proposition to me. It would take a major flop to miss the playoffs over the next 7 games, but a new manager might be the sort of boost needed to help this team find its best form.

colinwhite

We are in the play off places and have 7 matches to play . Nothing to lose? Well we do actually. Parker will see out the season and be judged on where we end up.What we think is neither here nor there.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 28, 2020, 10:35:58 PM
Quote from: Brawn on June 28, 2020, 09:46:41 PM

I think it was Parker throwing the towel and looking at the QPR game thinking "let's keep Bryan and Arter fresh for Wednesday". I doubt we will see MLM or Johansen starting against QPR.

I'll tell you "I'd be pissed" if I was MLM and saw this kind of a mess at the left side of the defense and wasn't given a chance, when (apart from the League Cup) my last bad performance was against Manchester United before Parker was coach, while existing players get multiple chances and for Parker I kept three clean sheets against teams that would score half dozen goals against this defense.