watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So the reason we beat Brentford was they were tired

Started by MaidenheadMick, August 07, 2020, 12:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I saw that in 'I' newspaper too & laughed about a fatigued Brentford.  I think they came out of the restart blocks fast aiming for the automatic promotion spots.

Nero

Quote from: SP on August 07, 2020, 04:34:40 PM
I saw that in 'I' newspaper too & laughed about a fatigued Brentford.  I think they came out of the restart blocks fast aiming for the automatic promotion spots.

To much jumping around after the swansea game acting like they had won promotion, uses a lot of energy over a few days wit the excitement, there squad size isnt our issue

Twig

Quote from: sarnian on August 07, 2020, 04:32:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 02:45:04 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 07, 2020, 02:37:48 PM
At times I wonder if people on this board just go about their days looking for reasons to be offended.
yep, how can you get offended by a team being fatigued for a match. I've just checked Brentford's last 5 games and they used the same starting 11 four out of fives times. And in the fifth game they made one change to the starting line up. They would have been shattered as all 3 play off games had the same starting 11 for them.

They played the same number of games as us in the same number of days since lockdown. If their so called brilliant manager did not have the brains to make changes and freshen up his squad during this period then they only have themselves to blame. If he had made changes they may not have thrown away automatic promotion

No sympathy what so ever .  :yay:

I think that's the point isn't. Even if they were fatigued because the same starting 11 had been used for every match since lockdown, it was their choice. They could have rotated, they have a decent squad.
Plus as others have noted they had 24 hrs more rest than us before the final.
Fatigue is not a satisfactory excuse. We beat them because our squad was better managed, our manager out thought his opposite number and our players were better on the day. End of.

Nero

They keepr wasnt fatigued he was throwing himself all about the place after Joes free kick had hit the back of the net

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on August 07, 2020, 05:24:18 PM
They keepr wasnt fatigued he was throwing himself all about the place after Joes free kick had hit the back of the net
speaking of which it did make me laugh when rodak went down with cramp in injury time. Don't think I've ever seen a goalie try that one
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HobGoblin

Lol, what a load of rubbish. Much like their keeper's performance.

More fatigued. They had an attitude that they only had to turn up and they'd be getting promoted. Fulham gave them a masterclass in tactics and their manager couldn't respond.

They are in the past. Onwards for us. Fulham Up, bees down.

blingo

Quote from: gang on August 07, 2020, 01:40:36 PM
The reason we won is simple, we scored 2, they scored 1.
All they need to do is look at the papers.

100% CORRECT.

Motspur Park

I suspect that in years to come it will have become a historical fact that had the team not been so knackered due to the Coronavirus lay off, they would have whipped our backsides. It will be the same flawed logic that our fans use in not signing Andy Thomas in 1982/3.
The point is it didn't happen so no-one will ever know.

gang

[/

That dive to catch the ball as it rebounded from inside the net made me laugh.

rebel

When teams play a 'high tempo' passing game, relentless attacking, it is tiring, but by definition that is exactly what leads to their success. So being 'tired' is not a argument a successful team can use. To get to the Play - Offs is a success and they would have learnt much from the match.

No one like Leggat

This article was written by a journalist and not someone from Brentford. I haven't seen any comments from them using this as an excuse and I thought the comments made by their manager after the game about us were quite generous.

Rupert

Quote from: No one like Leggat on August 08, 2020, 08:54:01 AM
This article was written by a journalist and not someone from Brentford. I haven't seen any comments from them using this as an excuse and I thought the comments made by their manager after the game about us were quite generous.

You see. it is this sort of common sense contribution that gives us all a bad name. Spout bile and disgust if you ever want to be taken seriously, please!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Woolly Mammoth

It's all on the day, apart from Scott outsmarting their manager hands down, Fulham players wanted it more than they did.
Brentford also had an extra day to recover.
But we did what we had to do which means playing to your strengths, and we bullied them into submission which is payback for them taunting us and rattling out cage.
If you put your head in a Lions mouth you can be sure the Lion will bite it off, which Fulham did, chewed them up and spat them out. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Dare I suggest that if the keeper was fatigued he may well have been more inclined to stay on his line.

Andy S

1 don't care what anyone thinks or says, I am just as happy as I was at the final whistle. No matter what the result is on September 12th the smile will remain. Good luck to Brentford as well in the championship

john dempsey

Listened to Thomas Frank even though he was obviously disappointed
he was more gracious in defeat than a lot of people on here have been in victory.

mrmicawbers

The way we play ie passing game tires other teams out trying to press us.