watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So the reason we beat Brentford was they were tired

Started by MaidenheadMick, August 07, 2020, 12:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaidenheadMick

Just seen the following article. "Fulham are another side used to flitting between the top tiers and must improve on their horrendous showing two years ago. Scott Parker has struggled to win over the Craven Cottage faithful and his side only just edged out Cardiff and a fatigued Brentford in the play-offs".

Unbelievable

KJS

Where was that from? The Brentford sour grapes gazette????

RoyTund

Don't worry brentford won the expected goals (xGs) and best performances championship.

KilianG

They had one more day to rest so we were even more exhausted and we gave them a class in tactics

gang

bog

I read that. Fatigue is the same for both sides. Shut up!!  :031:

092.gif

fulhamben

that would have played a part in it. even tony khan mentioned how much of a help our big squad would be once football resumed. brentfords squad was tiny and they didnt have the luxury of resting players like mitro cav knockeart etc in the run in and play offs 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jim©

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 01:17:26 PM
that would have played a part in it. even tony khan mentioned how much of a help our big squad would be once football resumed. brentfords squad was tiny and they didnt have the luxury of resting players like mitro cav knockeart etc in the run in and play offs 

Interestingly they used 29 different players this season, we used 28. Their squad can't be that tiny?

fulhamben

Quote from: Jim© on August 07, 2020, 01:20:56 PM
tiny as in lacking quality. We all register the same amount and have youth to fall back on

Interestingly they used 29 different players this season, we used 28. Their squad can't be that tiny?

gang

The reason we won is simple, we scored 2, they scored 1.
All they need to do is look at the papers.

fulhamfever

We was so fatigued we sent an injured player on in the 90th minute

Jim©

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 01:23:23 PM
tiny as in lacking quality. We all register the same amount and have youth to fall back on

But we had to use 16 year old Stansfield in one game. Granted our bench was looking good towards end of season but no CF and lack of good cover if Ream/Hec got injured.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jim© on August 07, 2020, 02:12:30 PM

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 01:23:23 PM

But we had to use 16 year old Stansfield in one game. Granted our bench was looking good towards end of season but no CF and lack of good cover if Ream/Hec got injured.
thats the point I'm making. We were able  to rotate and still get positive results which would have made us less fatigued for the final. Wasn't fatigue one of the main reasons we lost to reading in the play offs. Due to a small squad ( by quality) having to play so many games without a rest. Fatigue would have played a big part in Brentford's loss, and so what, they didn't have the squad we did, and couldn't match our performance on the day.  I bet you any money brentford fans knew the 11 they wanted picked for the final, and I bet they all started. No one on here really knew our best 11 as we did chop and change a lot due to having more competition for places.

Tabby

At times I wonder if people on this board just go about their days looking for reasons to be offended.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on August 07, 2020, 02:37:48 PM
At times I wonder if people on this board just go about their days looking for reasons to be offended.
yep, how can you get offended by a team being fatigued for a match. I've just checked Brentford's last 5 games and they used the same starting 11 four out of fives times. And in the fifth game they made one change to the starting line up. They would have been shattered as all 3 play off games had the same starting 11 for them.

filham

Wait a minute, there was a very short recovery time between the semi final and the final but Brentford had a day more than us. I thought that could well have been a deciding factor.

Parker won both the pre match war of words, the tactical battle and the players won the match.

Jim©

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 02:45:04 PM
yep, how can you get offended by a team being fatigued for a match. I've just checked Brentford's last 5 games and they used the same starting 11 four out of fives times. And in the fifth game they made one change to the starting line up. They would have been shattered as all 3 play off games had the same starting 11 for them.

So are you saying we beat them as they were more tired than we were? I'm trying to see who's been offended?

fulhamben

Quote from: Jim© on August 07, 2020, 03:39:13 PM

So are you saying we beat them as they were more tired than we were? I'm trying to see who's been offended?

im saying it would be stupid to dismiss fatigue as part of the reason they lost. I'm not offended by anything on this subject. Hell I bet if you go back further than the five games checked, Brentford probably used the same 11 in the majority of games since lockdown was lifted. We had a bigger squad (in quality) and it helped us to get promoted,

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

THEY are tired?
I am TIRED & EMOTIONAL (but very happy!!)
They lost the mind games
Lost their edge & record over us
Talked themselves up too much
Their magic forward line failed to deliver (Caveat Emptor any prospective purchasers)
They have lost a record 9 out of 9 play off finals?
I can cut them some slack & wave good bye (thankfully) to them

sarnian

They played the same number of games as us in the same number of days since lockdown. If their so called brilliant manager did not have the brains to make changes and freshen up his squad during this period then they only have themselves to blame. If he had made changes they may not have thrown away automatic promotion

No sympathy what so ever .  :yay: