News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri or Anguissa: Who would you rather have in the Prem?

Started by AnOldBrownie, August 08, 2020, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Between the two players, which would you rather have on our squad this season?

Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa
102 (72.9%)
Jean Michael Seri
2 (1.4%)
Both
13 (9.3%)
Neither
23 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 140

Statto

Quote from: Penfold on August 17, 2020, 11:38:18 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2020, 11:00:12 AM
Quote from: Penfold on August 15, 2020, 02:55:23 PM
Stories that he was a bad influence in the dressing room also surfaced. Whether there's any truth in this I don't know.

Do you have a link to these stories?
The only thing along those lines I can recall seeing was Ream's comments, which RaySmith mentions above. However, they didn't refer specifically to Seri, and given we'd signed 11 new players, it seems harsh (and to be frank, a bit xenophobic) to assume he was one of the people Ream was talking about. And also they come with the caveat that Ream was about as strong as soggy newspaper going into most challenges that season, so was in no position to question anyone else in the team.

A lot circulated after the Ream stuff.

I was told by somebody who attended a lot of academy games. Maybe someone with an agenda, as I said who knows if it's actually true.

For me, the total drop in performance after stories about the transfer fee and his cut broke is the reason I wouldn't have him back. Maybe not connected but seems odd.

FWIW I agree the timing of his performances dropping may suggest a connection with story about his fee (although it also coincided with us generally becoming crap, suffering some humiliating defeats, the manager being being sacked and it becoming clear we weren't going to be competing anywhere near the middle of the table as initially envisaged). But in any case, does a player becoming a bit depressed after hearing that his current and previous employers may have conspired to shaft him out of some money, really make him a "bad influence in the dressing room"?

For comparison, Bryan has admitted to suffering from depression - does that make him a bad influence (and "poison", and all the other things said about Seri on this thread) as well?

WayneKerrins

Anguissa.
Think he showed enough by the end and has since kicked on.
Seri's lack of pace just wont play in the Prem

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2020, 12:04:24 PM
Stories that he was a bad influence in the dressing room also surfaced. Whether there's any truth in this I don't know.

The only thing along those lines I can recall seeing was Ream's comments, which RaySmith mentions above. However, they didn't refer specifically to Seri, and given we'd signed 11 new players, it seems harsh (and to be frank, a bit xenophobic) to assume he was one of the people Ream was talking about. And also they come with the caveat that Ream was about as strong as soggy newspaper going into most challenges that season, so was in no position to question anyone else in the team.

I was told by somebody who attended a lot of academy games. Maybe someone with an agenda, as I said who knows if it's actually true.

For me, the total drop in performance after stories about the transfer fee and his cut broke is the reason I wouldn't have him back. Maybe not connected but seems odd.

FWIW I agree the timing of his performances dropping may suggest a connection with story about his fee (although it also coincided with us generally becoming crap, suffering some humiliating defeats, the manager being being sacked and it becoming clear we weren't going to be competing anywhere near the middle of the table as initially envisaged). But in any case, does a player becoming a bit depressed after hearing that his current and previous employers may have conspired to shaft him out of some money, really make him a "bad influence in the dressing room"?

For comparison, Bryan has admitted to suffering from depression - does that make him a bad influence (and "poison", and all the other things said about Seri on this thread) as well?

If Seri is a bad influence on the dressing room, then that means that some players cannot or refuse to play their best with him there. I suggest we sell these players first, if having Seri in the dressing room is the reason that other players play badly then they are the problem. A player with the right attitude gives their best every time they wear a Fulham shirt. A player that only plays their best when Seri is not in the dressing room is not a player i want wearing a Fulham shirt.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 18, 2020, 01:16:17 AM

If Seri is a bad influence on the dressing room, then that means that some players cannot or refuse to play their best with him there. I suggest we sell these players first, if having Seri in the dressing room is the reason that other players play badly then they are the problem. A player with the right attitude gives their best every time they wear a Fulham shirt. A player that only plays their best when Seri is not in the dressing room is not a player i want wearing a Fulham shirt.

I have a far better idea, you get rid of the source of the problem which is the bad influence not the remainder of the dressing room. If somebody is toxic you get rid of them not everyone else. It appears the only dressing room you have sat in is your local Mens Outfitters.
Because what you have just stated tells me you have never sat in a football dressing room or any team sports dressing room if you have those views because you wouldn't last five minutes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 18, 2020, 01:38:29 AM

I have a far better idea, you get rid of the source of the problem which is the bad influence not the remainder of the dressing room. If somebody is toxic you get rid of them not everyone else. It appears the only dressing room you have sat in is your local Mens Outfitters.
Because what you have just stated tells me you have never sat in a football dressing room or any team sports dressing room if you have those views because you wouldn't last five minutes.

If you think Seri in the dressing room is the source of Ream, KMac and Stefjo poor performance in
premier league, and it is undoubtably Tony Khans fault that Seri is in the dressing room; the Tony Khan is to blame for Betts, Ream, KMac and Stefjo performance rather than the players themselves or Slavisa.

Somehow with this logic Tony Khan and Seri are always to blame for everything and the players plus coach are completely blameless. In my world, Betts, Ream, KMac and Stefjo are responsible for their poor performances in the premier league and Seri influence on them in the dressing room was not the problem with their performance.

I would note the last time Betts, Ream, KMac and Stefjo all started for Fulham was Barnsley Away and Seri wasn't in the dressing room. Frankly, I think more likely is too much drinking in the off season is the problem.

AnOldBrownie

Seri to Galatasaray for Babel straight up please.   Pretty please.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 18, 2020, 03:30:07 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 18, 2020, 01:38:29 AM

If you think Seri in the dressing room is the source of Ream, KMac and Stefjo poor performance in
premier league, and it is undoubtably Tony Khans fault that Seri is in the dressing room; the Tony Khan is to blame for Betts, Ream, KMac and Stefjo performance rather than the players themselves or Slavisa.

Somehow with this logic Tony Khan and Seri are always to blame for everything and the players plus coach are completely blameless. In my world, Betts, Ream, KMac and Stefjo are responsible for their poor performances in the premier league and Seri influence on them in the dressing room was not the problem with their performance.

I would note the last time Betts, Ream, KMac and Stefjo all started for Fulham was Barnsley Away and Seri wasn't in the dressing room. Frankly, I think more likely is too much drinking in the off season is the problem.

Well after that explosive statement I reckon it's all your fault along with Seri and TK, the three of you have to share the blame.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Somehow we are in the premier league and it's The Khans fault. Regardless of whether Seri is a good buy, he is a talented player that is very confidence based, if he is on the field we need to get behind him, as we get behind Bobby Reid, hoping that next game is going to be his breakout game that turns his PL career at the cottage around. I think both Bobby Reid and Seri are a bit hot and cold that may be best starting most games from the bench, but if that changes either will be great assets.

We can add four overaged players to the squad before we have to start "replacing and upgrading" players, let's get four absolute quality players in and we need a couple of under 21s players too to deepen the squad. If we bring in the right seven players, the squad should be looking fairly decent for preseason and first few games, before any summer deadline day fixes and/or winter transfer window moves.

Woolly Mammoth

You must not put words in my mouth except the word Food. If Seri enters the field of play wearing a Fulham shirt I shall support him fully.
I agree we need 4 quality players, but in the right positions needed, and of the right character and mental strength, supplemented by three u/21s that can hack it. So we agree to agree on this occasion it appears.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 13, 2020, 03:35:16 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 13, 2020, 03:08:08 AM
I have two saved Galatasaray games from late in the season where Seri played DM.   Nothing that I saw tells me Seri is reactive enough in front of our back line to warrent getting any play time ahead of even  Stefjo, who isn't even a DM. imo  Onomah is a lock to be our starting #10.   Cairney...our starting #8 and Reed as our starting #6.

Anguissa (who I think is better than Tom Cairney) will be on the bench until he proves he's better than Tom as the #8, but I'd definitely bring Anguissa in to play a slash #8/#6 beside Tom before I'd bring Seri onto the pitch. I see Seri as a 3rd string #8, which to me means, if he's on the pitch we're in trouble stopping the opposing team.

Seri is looking at being our 5th best central midfielder; behind Reed, Anguissa, Cairney and Onamah; just ahead of S.Sess, KMac, Stefjo and Reid. He may prove better than some midfielders in the best four now and some of those outside the top five may prove (or improve) to be better than him.

All the teams in the bottom eight of the premier league struggle to get one point per game when they have two of their best four midfielders injured. With Seri playing we might not get one point per game, but he can help us pick up some points until the best midfielders come back as proven by victories in the premier league with him in the starting XI against Burnley, Huddersfield, Southampton, Brighton, and Bournemouth.

I think that midfield is pretty solid for preseason, although I admit it might need an upgrade if the preseason is poor, early season is poor or we get some injuries. But other areas need to be addressed first, namely every defensive position and backup center forward.

Seri is only a little fella, the last time I measured him he was standing on a box and I was standing in a hole. He measured 5 ft and a fag paper, my Garden Gnome on my front lawn is taller, and Seri is quite lightweight. So I would have to go with Zambo providing he has turned over a new leaf and has not been sold.

Never forget your Roots.