Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2020, 06:22:12 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 06:13:15 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2020, 01:18:41 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 12:43:28 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2020, 12:34:03 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 12:02:14 AM
There has been a few threads like this that make me a little perplexed. If we're being linked with Ryan Sess, Ryan Babel as examples, we should be bloody happy. Both know the squad, wouldn't ruin the changing room or team dynamic and clearly wouldn't cost a lot as it would be loans. Quite stunned really.
your quite stunned that we don't want to get the band back together that got us relegated without even a fight? I'm stunned that you are stunned

How would signing 2 players that improve on out current positions being getting the band back together......come on fella, head wobble.
in what way do they improve us, Babel was terrible last season and sess hardly kicked a ball and didn't light up the prem with us,don't live in the past, look at what they are doing now

Babel and Sess are improvements on Kebano, Cav and Knockaert. That's not to say I'm writing those guys off but adding Babel and Sess to current crop makes us a lot more competitive in those areas. I didn't include Kamara because a) I actually rate him higher than Sess and think he's on par or better than Babel. Plus he's a second striker for us so good versatility for the squad. Could you provide some realistic alternatives to say both Babel and Sess at reasonable prices?
how are you proclaiming that sess and Babel are an improvement? Cav and knockaert both have better prem stats than sess. Both along with kebano actually played football this season, and Babel is old and had a poor season. So I can only presume you are proclaiming this because of what sess did in the championship and what Babel did for us two seasons ago, of which has zero bearing on their current abilities. And as to price, why does it have to be cheap, if you want cheap stick with what we have. If you want to actually try and upgrade on our positions then we have to look forwards, not back and spend some money. We don't need the same amount of players as we did last time so quality not quantity should be the goal.

I'm proclaiming it much like you're proclaiming it but from a different perspective. Having watched both last season, I don't think either were particularly poor, especially Babel, but rather played in teams that largely either struggled or didn't play to their strengths. Would you say Cav and Knockaert had good seasons last year? Or Kebano for that matter? And that was in a team that was one of the best in the division in the championship compared to champions league, international and EPL. (I'll not mention the Turkish league as we both know the championship is on par or better). I'll say again, both know the club, both know the team, and both will improve our squad. If better is available, great but I won't be turning my nose up if we sign both on decent loan options.

As for quality over quantity, I agree and as I said, both players would enrich this squad and push for a starting spot.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 10:18:37 PM
There has been a few threads like this that make me a little perplexed. If we're being linked with Ryan Sess, Ryan Babel as examples, we should be bloody happy. Both know the squad, wouldn't ruin the changing room or team dynamic and clearly wouldn't cost a lot as it would be loans. Quite stunned really.
your quite stunned that we don't want to get the band back together that got us relegated without even a fight? I'm stunned that you are stunned

How would signing 2 players that improve on out current positions being getting the band back together......come on fella, head wobble.
in what way do they improve us, Babel was terrible last season and sess hardly kicked a ball and didn't light up the prem with us,don't live in the past, look at what they are doing now

Babel and Sess are improvements on Kebano, Cav and Knockaert. That's not to say I'm writing those guys off but adding Babel and Sess to current crop makes us a lot more competitive in those areas. I didn't include Kamara because a) I actually rate him higher than Sess and think he's on par or better than Babel. Plus he's a second striker for us so good versatility for the squad. Could you provide some realistic alternatives to say both Babel and Sess at reasonable prices?
how are you proclaiming that sess and Babel are an improvement? Cav and knockaert both have better prem stats than sess. Both along with kebano actually played football this season, and Babel is old and had a poor season. So I can only presume you are proclaiming this because of what sess did in the championship and what Babel did for us two seasons ago, of which has zero bearing on their current abilities. And as to price, why does it have to be cheap, if you want cheap stick with what we have. If you want to actually try and upgrade on our positions then we have to look forwards, not back and spend some money. We don't need the same amount of players as we did last time so quality not quantity should be the goal.

I'm proclaiming it much like you're proclaiming it but from a different perspective. Having watched both last season, I don't think either were particularly poor, especially Babel, but rather played in teams that largely either struggled or didn't play to their strengths. Would you say Cav and Knockaert had good seasons last year? Or Kebano for that matter? And that was in a team that was one of the best in the division in the championship compared to champions league, international and EPL. (I'll not mention the Turkish league as we both know the championship is on par or better). I'll say again, both know the club, both know the team, and both will improve our squad. If better is available, great but I won't be turning my nose up if we sign both on decent loan options.

As for quality over quantity, I agree and as I said, both players would enrich this squad and push for a starting spot.
so if you had to pick one, would you pick sess or Babel who replaced him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2020, 10:47:13 PM

Sorry mate but I might be misreading what you mean. Do you mean if I had to pick one to come back who would I choose? If so. Babel.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 11:22:35 PM

Sorry mate but I might be misreading what you mean. Do you mean if I had to pick one to come back who would I choose? If so. Babel.
yes that's exactly what I meant.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2020, 11:26:54 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 11:22:35 PM

yes that's exactly what I meant.

Like, don't get me wrong, if neither came in, I wouldn't be disappointed. But I'm not deflated by the link if that makes sense. I do agree with Statto though that I'd like to see some pace added out wide. Kamara will be great for that I think but I'd like some threat on both flanks.