Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2020, 10:11:04 PM
Quote from: filham on August 08, 2020, 10:06:05 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2020, 12:26:51 PM
Quote from: filham on August 08, 2020, 12:22:59 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2020, 11:31:07 AM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 08, 2020, 11:25:55 AM
He needs to go somewhere, it must be soul destroying for him not to be getting any game time.
he must of known he would be well down the pecking order at spurs though.
I guess Sess. did well financially out of the Spurs move but right now he must realize that next season playing for Parker at Fulham would be a lot better for him than Playing for Mourinho at Spurs.
he wouldn't be guaranteed playing time here either. No club would be stupid enough to play a loanee if he isn't an upgrade on what you already have

I think you are forgetting that Sess. could score goals and that Cav., Knock. and Reid have failed to do that.
yes, but kamara and kebano ouT score him in the prem. He wouldn't be an upgrade so to play him over one of the others would be an insult. Either upgrade a position or play the ones that got us up

Wasn't Kebano scoreless for more than 2 years, including our PL year. Had a great finish to this season, but I don't think we should expect him to be a regular scorer next season. Happy to be wrong though.

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 08, 2020, 11:10:16 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2020, 10:11:04 PM
Quote from: filham on August 08, 2020, 10:06:05 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2020, 12:26:51 PM
Quote from: filham on August 08, 2020, 12:22:59 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 08, 2020, 11:31:07 AM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 08, 2020, 11:25:55 AM
He needs to go somewhere, it must be soul destroying for him not to be getting any game time.
he must of known he would be well down the pecking order at spurs though.
I guess Sess. did well financially out of the Spurs move but right now he must realize that next season playing for Parker at Fulham would be a lot better for him than Playing for Mourinho at Spurs.
he wouldn't be guaranteed playing time here either. No club would be stupid enough to play a loanee if he isn't an upgrade on what you already have

I think you are forgetting that Sess. could score goals and that Cav., Knock. and Reid have failed to do that.
yes, but kamara and kebano ouT score him in the prem. He wouldn't be an upgrade so to play him over one of the others would be an insult. Either upgrade a position or play the ones that got us up

Wasn't Kebano scoreless for more than 2 years, including our PL year. Had a great finish to this season, but I don't think we should expect him to be a regular scorer next season. Happy to be wrong though.
i don't expect him to be regular, but I do expect him to score than sess did for us in the prem. hell even cav managed to score more in the prem than sess
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

There has been a few threads like this that make me a little perplexed. If we're being linked with Ryan Sess, Ryan Babel as examples, we should be bloody happy. Both know the squad, wouldn't ruin the changing room or team dynamic and clearly wouldn't cost a lot as it would be loans. Quite stunned really.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 12:02:14 AM
There has been a few threads like this that make me a little perplexed. If we're being linked with Ryan Sess, Ryan Babel as examples, we should be bloody happy. Both know the squad, wouldn't ruin the changing room or team dynamic and clearly wouldn't cost a lot as it would be loans. Quite stunned really.
your quite stunned that we don't want to get the band back together that got us relegated without even a fight? I'm stunned that you are stunned

cmg

Ajax - Good place for a young talent to develop his career. Good record with youngsters, calmer waters of the Eredivisie but with Champions League thrown in.

Surprising that Ajax seem to be targetting him. Looking at their left-side players, I'm not sure how they would fit him in.

Paid in Tottenham, work in Amsterdam - looks good to me.

Pieter A’dam

I don't believe he will be a starting player at Ajax .....

toshes mate

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 08, 2020, 11:06:31 PM
I was thinking earlier today just how Joe Bryan's 2nd goal in the playoff final was very typical of Sess a couple of years ago.   
Me too, which got me rethinking could Bryan play better as a wide midfielder with a good left full back behind him?  One of the good things about FFC last season was the development of wide midfielders when Cavaleiro and Knockaert failed to live up to early promise.  Kebano has been excellent and Kamara has also demonstrated how good he could be with more playing time.  I do hope both of them have realistic opportunities to show their talents next season. 

I wish young Ryan all the very best but I don't subscribe to the 'get him back' campaign.  He's still a very young player and he has to look for opportunities that will give him a good chance of becoming the player we all thought he would be whilst at Fulham.  The Ajax loan would seem a good option. 

Tabby

I'd be all for it if there was any chance of making it permanent, but I'm not sure about just a loan. Maybe I'm just petty but it feels bad to help Tottenham develop the player they bought from us.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2020, 12:34:03 AM
your quite stunned that we don't want to get the band back together that got us relegated without even a fight? I'm stunned that you are stunned

How would signing 2 players that improve on out current positions being getting the band back together......come on fella, head wobble.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 12:43:28 PM

How would signing 2 players that improve on out current positions being getting the band back together......come on fella, head wobble.
in what way do they improve us, Babel was terrible last season and sess hardly kicked a ball and didn't light up the prem with us,don't live in the past, look at what they are doing now

Fulham Joe

My view is, if you leave, you're demonstrating that you have no loyalty for the club at all, how much money do these people need? they want to try living in the real world.
I'm happy to see Ryan Sessegnon pick up his wages at Tottenham, and not get a look in. Same goes for Ryan Fredericks, I have no time for him whatsover, I couldn't give a tish.

WindyCity

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2020, 01:18:41 PM
[/quote]
[/quote]in what way do they improve us, Babel was terrible last season and sess hardly kicked a ball and didn't light up the prem with us,don't live in the past, look at what they are doing now
[/quote]

Kinda my feelings as well.  Nice players that had some good moments with FFC, but I think we do need to move on and let the past be the past.  Looking to add players that can 'genuinely' improve our lot (prem quality, proven players, or at worst near prem quality).

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Fulham Joe on August 09, 2020, 05:45:41 PM
My view is, if you leave, you're demonstrating that you have no loyalty for the club at all, how much money do these people need? they want to try living in the real world.
I'm happy to see Ryan Sessegnon pick up his wages at Tottenham, and not get a look in. Same goes for Ryan Fredericks, I have no time for him whatsover, I couldn't give a tish.

Bit naive that view. These players aren't supporters like us. They are in a career that needs to set them for life as it is a short one. Taking a pay rise while going to a better team doesn't make them bad people or really that disloyal. It just makes them smart.

FFC1987

in what way do they improve us, Babel was terrible last season and sess hardly kicked a ball and didn't light up the prem with us,don't live in the past, look at what they are doing now

Babel and Sess are improvements on Kebano, Cav and Knockaert. That's not to say I'm writing those guys off but adding Babel and Sess to current crop makes us a lot more competitive in those areas. I didn't include Kamara because a) I actually rate him higher than Sess and think he's on par or better than Babel. Plus he's a second striker for us so good versatility for the squad. Could you provide some realistic alternatives to say both Babel and Sess at reasonable prices?

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 06:13:15 PM

Babel and Sess are improvements on Kebano, Cav and Knockaert. That's not to say I'm writing those guys off but adding Babel and Sess to current crop makes us a lot more competitive in those areas. I didn't include Kamara because a) I actually rate him higher than Sess and think he's on par or better than Babel. Plus he's a second striker for us so good versatility for the squad. Could you provide some realistic alternatives to say both Babel and Sess at reasonable prices?
how are you proclaiming that sess and Babel are an improvement? Cav and knockaert both have better prem stats than sess. Both along with kebano actually played football this season, and Babel is old and had a poor season. So I can only presume you are proclaiming this because of what sess did in the championship and what Babel did for us two seasons ago, of which has zero bearing on their current abilities. And as to price, why does it have to be cheap, if you want cheap stick with what we have. If you want to actually try and upgrade on our positions then we have to look forwards, not back and spend some money. We don't need the same amount of players as we did last time so quality not quantity should be the goal.

Fulham 442

Quality not quantity is definitely the key.

sunburywhite

Is Ryan Sessignon the new Patrick Roberts?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ByTheRiver

Quote from: fulhamben on August 09, 2020, 06:22:12 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 09, 2020, 06:13:15 PM

how are you proclaiming that sess and Babel are an improvement? Cav and knockaert both have better prem stats than sess. Both along with kebano actually played football this season, and Babel is old and had a poor season. So I can only presume you are proclaiming this because of what sess did in the championship and what Babel did for us two seasons ago, of which has zero bearing on their current abilities. And as to price, why does it have to be cheap, if you want cheap stick with what we have. If you want to actually try and upgrade on our positions then we have to look forwards, not back and spend some money. We don't need the same amount of players as we did last time so quality not quantity should be the goal.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts too.

alfie

They are entitled to pursue their career path just like you, me and every other working person, it's their job, not their hobby.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

Quote from: alfie on August 09, 2020, 08:25:21 PM
They are entitled to pursue their career path just like you, me and every other working person, it's their job, not their hobby.

Never really like these sorts of comparisons. For a normal person, a good career might mean they can send their kid to a school from which most kids go to Oxbridge, and a bad career might mean sending them to a school from which most kids go to prison. For footballers, a good career means two private jets and a bad career means just the one. Anyone saying they can't live off the £3m per year or so that we'd have offered to Sessegnon/Fredericks is being a little bit greedy IMO.