Main Menu

Option on Harrison Reed

Started by Stevieboy, August 11, 2020, 12:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2020, 01:37:24 PM
Quote from: Nero on August 11, 2020, 01:31:59 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 11, 2020, 01:10:36 PM
Even with Hojberg leaving, I can't see Saints saying he'll be a regular (or be a regular) in that side. They have better out on loan due to come back so I'd imagine he'll sign. If he stays and wants to fight it out, good luck to him.

Indeed if he was that high up the pecking order surely they would have kept him as back up.last year. Surely no more then 2nd choice there now
who were the other dms out on loan, maybe we should have a look at them if they had a better season than reed 😂

I'd absolutely love him but he's looking at better than us, but Mario Lemina being one of them.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As usual how to we know the whole truth of the situation?
Anything we read on here is pure speculation. Tony Khan says the we have an option and Harrison would like to join us and beyond that we have no idea. We do not know but my fear is that Southampton will do a Targett on us.
Hopefully he will join us but the waters of transfer negotiations can become very muddied at times.

The Rational Fan

If I was Harrison Reed and wanted to play premier league for several years, I wouldn't sign with Fulham until they get another LCB, RB, and CF.

FFC1987

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 11, 2020, 01:56:05 PM
Anything we read on here is pure speculation. Tony Khan says the we have an option and Harrison would like to join us and beyond that we have no idea. We do not know but my fear is that Southampton will do a Targett on us.
Hopefully he will join us but the waters of transfer negotiations can become very muddied at times.

I don't know how this situation is comparable to Targett's based on Khans comments. Presumably, if he's lying, Southampton would come out and correct hi so I think there's some validity to it. At this point, its not about the price and is about personal terms for Reed so we'll see. If we don't get him, its not the end of the world.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 11, 2020, 02:01:24 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 11, 2020, 01:56:05 PM

I don't know how this situation is comparable to Targett's based on Khans comments. Presumably, if he's lying, Southampton would come out and correct hi so I think there's some validity to it. At this point, its not about the price and is about personal terms for Reed so we'll see. If we don't get him, its not the end of the world.
My understanding was that we have negotiated an option to purchase him from Saints, we don't know what the price is but it is rumoured to be 8 million. The process is that we infomr Saints whether we take that option and we can assume from TK's comments we have done that. The next step is that we have to agree personal terms with Reed, thats salary, bonus, imgae rights etc. There is no reason why we cannot give him a salary package that meets his needs. There is no risk of someone else coming in and saying I will pay 15 miilion as the contract is in place with us and Saints, neither can Saints say we do not want him to go anymore.
What Saints can do is say forget their personal terms, we agree to beat it by X whatever you negotiate and we guarantee you 1st team football. So if you are Reed and have been loaned out 3 years running, have enjoyed being a regular 1st player at Fulham, obviously likes the team from his morning after interview on Sky why would you not get the best deal you could from Fulham and stay? I think part of the problem is he is somewhere on holiday on a beach right now and we are stuck talking to his Mr15%...
I think he will sign.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Steven Ageroad

If we got Cav, Bobby Read and Knocks loans made permanent early why did we not get Harrison Reed done and dusted earlier and not wait till the end of the season?

Steven Ageroad

Just thought about it and answered my own question. He wanted conformation play he would be playing Premier League football next season. Simples!

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2020, 12:58:16 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 11, 2020, 12:57:33 PM
I would assume that the bid is already in and it is currently up to Reed.
yep, and I'd imagine he will be on holiday anyway
Yep

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on August 11, 2020, 06:44:44 PM
Yep

Seriously, if I was Harrison Reed I wouldn't sign until FFC have signed a few more players (especially behind him). If I was Reed, I would wait to sign until the center-back pairing is strong enough to stay up, as bad relegation season could end Harrison Reed's Premier League career. In addition, Reed is probably looking to whether we sign Calum Chambers and how Seri is looking in the preseason in his new defensive midfield position. I cannot see any advantage for Reed in him signing now, if I was him I just wait for his best option that is a team that will stay up that needs a defensive midfielder and believes in him. I am really not sure how Reed will go in the Premier League, it is a massive massive jump to the premier league especially at DM.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 12, 2020, 01:37:21 AM
Yep

Seriously, if I was Harrison Reed I wouldn't sign until FFC have signed a few more players (especially behind him). If I was Reed, I would wait to sign until the center-back pairing is strong enough to stay up, as bad relegation season could end Harrison Reed's Premier League career. In addition, Reed is probably looking to whether we sign Calum Chambers and how Seri is looking in the preseason in his new defensive midfield position. I cannot see any advantage for Reed in him signing now, if I was him I just wait for his best option that is a team that will stay up that needs a defensive midfielder and believes in him. I am really not sure how Reed will go in the Premier League, it is a massive massive jump to the premier league especially at DM.

Three times on this post alone you have said " if I was Reed", well I don't know how to break it to you but the last time I looked you are not Reed, even Harrison Reed said you were not him. You must except this as gospel, you cannot proceed through life wishing you were someone else or saying if I was Harrison Reed, it will become an obsession, then the next thing you will do
is to change your name by deed pole to Harrison Reed to convince yourself you are him, but you are the Rational Fan, repeat after me at least   100 times, " I am the Rational Fan ", that's it you got it, keep it going until I say stop.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 12, 2020, 01:57:55 AM
Yep

Three times on this post alone you have said " if I was Reed", well I don't know how to break it to you but the last time I looked you are not Reed, even Harrison Reed said you were not him. You must except this as gospel, you cannot proceed through life wishing you were someone else or saying if I was Harrison Reed, it will become an obsession, then the next thing you will do
is to change your name by deed pole to Harrison Reed to convince yourself you are him, but you are the Rational Fan, repeat after me at least   100 times, " I am the Rational Fan ", that's it you got it, keep it going until I say stop.

True, Reed could do something different from what I would do in his position as he is not me, but the fact is he is waiting as i would too.

St Eve

We are all guessing. At 8 million, if true, a decent buy. Why aren't we going after Target?

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 12, 2020, 02:08:13 AM
Yep

True, Reed could do something different from what I would do in his position as he is not me, but the fact is he is waiting as i would too.
tye fact is. Is that he is on holiday. They had exactly two weeks off after the play off final.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rebel

Yep

Footballers simply don't think that way. They will look after themselves first, their contract etc 'Yes do I like playing for this club', that has to do with the manager and his team mates.     

Tabby

Quote from: St Eve on August 12, 2020, 03:44:15 AM
We are all guessing. At 8 million, if true, a decent buy. Why aren't we going after Target?

I'm not sure what Targett has to do with this.

Woolly Mammoth

Yep

Well if I was Harrison Reed I would hold out for the best deal that would suit me. Seeing what Khan Junior knows about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp. I would make sure the owners son pays through the nose to have my talent.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: Tabby on August 12, 2020, 09:48:15 AM

We can pluck Targget out of a 'mediocre' club.

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 12, 2020, 09:50:21 AM
Yep

Well if I was Harrison Reed I would hold out for the best deal that would suit me. Seeing what Khan Junior knows about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp. I would make sure the owners son pays through the nose to have my talent.

Rumour has it that Khan Junior has asked for a refund on the 'Money Ball' App. I agree about the 'postage stamp' bit. Unforetunately he sees it as business to make money, the money making should be a 'bonus' if it happens. 

Twig

Yep

He might, just might, be concerned as to whether we intend to sign a strong CB. Why he would give a Sh1t about a totally ineffectual Seri or some random Chambers rumour is quite beyond me.

St Eve

Quote from: Tabby on August 12, 2020, 09:48:15 AM

We need a full back. He was good for us but we couldn't get him. Not in favor at Villa so might be worth a bid. Just thought I would mention it. Sorry if I posted in the incorrect category.