Main Menu

Option on Harrison Reed

Started by Stevieboy, August 11, 2020, 12:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: St Eve on August 12, 2020, 01:49:07 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 12, 2020, 09:48:15 AM
Quote from: St Eve on August 12, 2020, 03:44:15 AM
We are all guessing. At 8 million, if true, a decent buy. Why aren't we going after Target?

I'm not sure what Targett has to do with this.
We need a full back. He was good for us but we couldn't get him. Not in favor at Villa so might be worth a bid. Just thought I would mention it. Sorry if I posted in the incorrect category.
He played almost every game for them, so I don't think they'd want to sell for anything less than what they paid for him. Which would mean he'd cost £15 million at least.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Tabby on August 12, 2020, 01:58:52 PM
Quote from: St Eve on August 12, 2020, 01:49:07 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 12, 2020, 09:48:15 AM
Quote from: St Eve on August 12, 2020, 03:44:15 AM
We are all guessing. At 8 million, if true, a decent buy. Why aren't we going after Target?

I'm not sure what Targett has to do with this.
We need a full back. He was good for us but we couldn't get him. Not in favor at Villa so might be worth a bid. Just thought I would mention it. Sorry if I posted in the incorrect category.
He played almost every game for them, so I don't think they'd want to sell for anything less than what they paid for him. Which would mean he'd cost £15 million at least.
That's what I thought. Just seen that he played 28 of the 38 league games including the last 3 on the trot so seems very much in favour.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Rational Fan

Forget stealing Aston Villa's better players like Taggett, they are in a relegation battle with us next season and won't sell to Mr Khan unless the price is insanely overvalued. We need to get players from the Big Clubs, the Championship and Overseas, even Southampton know selling us Harrison Reed could keep us up and put them down, which they need more than £8m to consider. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 12, 2020, 11:56:44 PM
Forget stealing Aston Villa's better players like Taggett, they are in a relegation battle with us next season and won't sell to Mr Khan unless the price is insanely overvalued. We need to get players from the Big Clubs, the Championship and Overseas, even Southampton know selling us Harrison Reed could keep us up and put them down, which they need more than £8m to consider.

If there was an option for £8m (as is strongly rumored) Southampton have no say in the matter.

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 13, 2020, 06:07:57 AM

If there was an option for £8m (as is strongly rumored) Southampton have no say in the matter.
unless they tell him he will be first choice with a new bumper contract.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2020, 09:46:27 AM

I assume his point was that Southampton have no direct control over the matter

Of course other clubs always have the ability to manipulate a situation indirectly by influencing players' decisions

For example, given Anguissa is on a long contract and belongs to us, Villareal have no say over where he spends next season. But I suspect if they told Anguissa they'd pay him £300k per week and he should refuse to play for Fulham until we agree to sell him, they could get him to move.

filham

Sounds as if we are interested in giving Arsenal a few million for an injured Chambers , who , when fit, can do a makeshift job as a defensive midfielder. We are being clever here as Arsenal haven't seen the true ability of Chambers but can only see the effect of his injury.

Sorry for the sarcasm but I really thought we would have sorted the Reed transfer by now.

Sting of the North

They still wouldn't get more than £8m from us, which was the point I referred to. If the rumors are true, they will get £8m or nothing. And as others pointed out, it is not up to them directly in any case (still assuming the option exists and have or will be exercised). It is up to Reed and/or Fulham, depending on what the current "hold up" is.

Twig

Quote from: filham on August 13, 2020, 10:24:00 AM
Sounds as if we are interested in giving Arsenal a few million for an injured Chambers , who , when fit, can do a makeshift job as a defensive midfielder. We are being clever here as Arsenal haven't seen the true ability of Chambers but can only see the effect of his injury.

Sorry for the sarcasm but I really thought we would have sorted the Reed transfer by now.

I'm totally with you on this one. Why sign a proven defensive mid when we can sign one who is carrying an injury and is playing out if his preferred position (where he was underwhelming).

steed the legend

I don't know about everyone else, but I am now getting concerned about the transfer of Harrison Reed.
I think most fans would agree we need him to give the right balance in the midfield. I think we are passed the stage of a holiday break, so what is our Tony doing about this? Please do not screw this one up.

Tabby

Quote from: steed the legend on August 19, 2020, 09:06:17 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I am now getting concerned about the transfer of Harrison Reed.
I think most fans would agree we need him to give the right balance in the midfield. I think we are passed the stage of a holiday break, so what is our Tony doing about this? Please do not screw this one up.

Fulham get back to training on sunday I think. I don't think Southampton is back in training yet either.

steed the legend

Like most fans , I really think we need Harrison Reed in our side for next year to provide the right balance in midfield.
I think we can now exclude a holiday break, so what is the current position with the transfer option.
So please Tony get this bloke in asap. You cant afford to screw this one up.

bill taylors apprentice

I think fans put to much store on a players successful time on loan, it may seem obvious to us but there's many factors in play.
For every Mitro who is happy to sign up full time there's plenty who follow the money and go elsewhere.
It quite simple really, if he wants to come he will make it happen and we will sign him.

SuffolkWhite

Could it be Southampton are dragging it out for some reason?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Andy S

How can you exclude a holiday break? These guys are millionaires who will not get the chance of another break until next May.  Don't tell me that they have just had 3 months off. They were locked down just like the rest of us. There is only an urgency from the fans

mrmicawbers

Its up to the player to agree personal terms and his agent of course,whatever both clubs have He has probably gone away for a break and will sort things out on his return is my assumption.

Andy S

Please don't come on here after 5 visits and speak for most fans. Reed is one of many who could do a job for us in that area

Dougie

One thing that might be holding things up is relegation wage drop. We have a higher probability of relegation than Southampton, so if he comes to us he is more likely to see his wages halve in a year's time.

If he's told he will be involved at Southampton the relative safety of his wage may tempt him to stay, and if I were his agent I'd be pushing Fulham to remove the relegation clause, particularly given we almost certainly did that for Cairney and Mitrovic at the start of last season.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 13, 2020, 10:30:13 AM

They still wouldn't get more than £8m from us, which was the point I referred to. If the rumors are true, they will get £8m or nothing. And as others pointed out, it is not up to them directly in any case (still assuming the option exists and have or will be exercised). It is up to Reed and/or Fulham, depending on what the current "hold up" is.

To get Harrison Reed, we have to pay £8m transfer fee to Southampton and get Reed to sign for us. Any team that wants Harrison Reed just has to pay £9m transfer fee to Southampton and provide a better offer than us. Some club may offer him £70k per week, which is higher than anyone at the club has been rumoured to earn. Are we willing to make Reed our highest-paid player and what effect will that have on morale of other players like Mitrovic?

Jim©

I get the impression that we're all worrying way too much.
These contracts are very complicated, more so for a team like us that may struggle to stay up (it's what the stats say for playoff winners). A contract can go back and forth for months before signing.
People then always say so how can clubs sign players on deadline day so quickly- two things there; firstly some of those deals may have been in the offing for many weeks and second, agents have a document that has all of their clients "needs" on; salary, bonus, length of contract etc, so a club can quickly yes or no them.

Back to Harrison there's been a few insta messages from other FFC players telling Reed to "sign it" and "sign the ting" so reckon it's close to happening.