Main Menu

Jibes that sparked Harry Maguire fight

Started by rebel, August 22, 2020, 07:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: junior white on August 22, 2020, 06:29:16 PM
Quote from: rebel on August 22, 2020, 06:04:50 PM
Quote from: junior white on August 22, 2020, 05:19:43 PM
Not knowing the facts I can't comment but footballers are targets, Greece as it stands has no quarantine rules when you come back so safe to go to, so a lot of brits there as always.

I know he shouldn't react but he is human and when people abuse your loved ones it must be hard to stay calm, some of the videos doing the rounds show some of the abuse was not just F United but also aimed at his wife and things said about his young girls, so sometimes it is hard to not react.

Why go to an environment where drink could result in belligerent behaviour?, they are guaranteed targets.
I understand your point but they are entitled to holiday and enjoy themselves, everyone deserves the right to that. You can use the same argument to any number of people nut just footballers or celebrities. Just because they are high profile doesn't mean they cannot have A life

As someone said above there is a lot to come out on this i reckon
Unfortunately he is a footballer which means he will automatically be blamed regardless of facts.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Nero

Quote from: alfie on August 22, 2020, 07:37:32 PM
Not knowing the facts I can't comment but footballers are targets, Greece as it stands has no quarantine rules when you come back so safe to go to, so a lot of brits there as always.

I know he shouldn't react but he is human and when people abuse your loved ones it must be hard to stay calm, some of the videos doing the rounds show some of the abuse was not just F United but also aimed at his wife and things said about his young girls, so sometimes it is hard to not react.

Why go to an environment where drink could result in belligerent behaviour?, they are guaranteed targets.
I understand your point but they are entitled to holiday and enjoy themselves, everyone deserves the right to that. You can use the same argument to any number of people nut just footballers or celebrities. Just because they are high profile doesn't mean they cannot have A life

Unfortunately he is a footballer which means he will automatically be blamed regardless of facts.

Isnt the case about hitting a policeman and then trying to bribe him, if he was that pissed he didnt realise that he was hitting a police ,then thats his own throught whether his sister got a p**** or not

junior white

Quote from: Nero on August 22, 2020, 08:03:58 PM

Isnt the case about hitting a policeman and then trying to bribe him, if he was that pissed he didnt realise that he was hitting a police ,then thats his own throught whether his sister got a p**** or not
From what i have read athat is 2 of the 4 things the defendants have been charge with, also public violence and something else

rebel

There was a drinks bill of over £63,000 over 3 days, he can pay £90,000 to avoid jail due to overcrowding. Being flown out by private jet. A swell time was had by all.  :003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsidcB-24JU

Bill2

There are a lot of the facts not in the public domain, as for assaulting a policeman there are a number of police who are dressed in plain clothes especially around the nightclubs and bars, so need to wait and see if this is the case. Also as for sister being stabbed, she did not go to hospital and there is no pictures of any injury so again have to wait and see. I will keep my views on this until evidence has been shown. At the moment it is conjecture and rumour.

rebel

I'm not trying to trivialize this, but he should have asked the police if they wanted a 'selfie' with him.  :003:

Fulhamfan666

Let's get all the facts before we start spouting rubbish again shall we.

Some of the people on this forum are um interesting characters.

Logicalman

Quote from: rebel on August 23, 2020, 12:16:56 PM
I'm not trying to trivialize this, but he should have asked the police if they wanted a 'selfie' with him.  :003:

That's where the 'bribery' story came from, he was trying to charge for the selfies,, they just didn't understand (or didn't want to pay)  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Enfield

When you are on £190K a week, you should have the sense to realize that you can't have an ordinary life,
and you also have enough sense to avoid situations which could lead to conflict.   

Statto

Quote from: Enfield on August 24, 2020, 09:21:11 PM
When you are on £190K a week, you should have the sense to realize that you can't have an ordinary life,
and you also have enough sense to avoid situations which could lead to conflict.   

Roughly my view too, irrespective of the intricacies of what happened this is the bottom line

alfie

The only way then is to never leave his house.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

mrmicawbers

Quote from: alfie on August 25, 2020, 06:30:53 AM

We have this discussion where we ask would you rather be a foot baller back in the day earning decent money or a footballer today earning Mega money and the issues that come with that?

Motspur Park

Of course they can leave the house..... and have a great time. Unfortunately, it is all about culture. If a 20-30 year old wants to be part of celebrity culture, down loads of shots and get p###ed in an expensive bar, of course he is more likely to get in altercations. If, however, as most international footballers do, they go to exclusive establishments and have a good time but not get out of their heads, then there is far less likelihood of trouble. Not a hard to grasp concept.... but there will always be people making excuses.

alfie

Quote from: Motspur Park on August 25, 2020, 07:09:55 AM

Of course they can leave the house..... and have a great time. Unfortunately, it is all about culture. If a 20-30 year old wants to be part of celebrity culture, down loads of shots and get p###ed in an expensive bar, of course he is more likely to get in altercations. If, however, as most international footballers do, they go to exclusive establishments and have a good time but not get out of their heads, then there is far less likelihood of trouble. Not a hard to grasp concept.... but there will always be people making excuses.
Sorry I am quite clearly wrong, I will withdraw my comment
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

rebel

Gary Lineker managed it all of his career, even when he played for Granpa's 8. So it can be done. Probably the most well known footballer of his generation.

DucatiFFC

grandad

Maguire banged to rights. Found guilty of all charges. Bet all he will get is a miniscule fine . He has yet to face any action from Manure.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rebel

Quote from: grandad on August 25, 2020, 05:51:34 PM
Maguire banged to rights. Found guilty of all charges. Bet all he will get is a miniscule fine . He has yet to face any action from Manure.

Man Utd will probably send to Greece to clear his head.

rebel

Quote from: DucatiFFC on August 25, 2020, 04:23:01 PM
You have probably forgotten Gazza .

I think Lineker beats Gazza on that score.

grandad

All he got was 21 months suspended for 3 years.
Where there's a will there's a wife