more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SP TK.

Started by blingo, September 13, 2020, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Two points -
1/ the new players, brought in in such a short time, mainly haven't been selected because they need to  adapt to the team. That's the mistake we made last time we were in the Prem - throwing newcomers in all at once. I do think Parker wants to show faith with the players who won us promotion, but because he knows they are a successful 'team', rather than sentimental reasons, though he  think he wants to treat players fairly,but his main concern is   the team  getting points. He will bring in new players when he thinks they are ready, and can play as part of the team.

2/ I don't think our purchases have been trying to get players on the cheap. We are prepared to offer big money fro the right players, eg Luis, but  getting them to come to Fulham is a different matter.

3/The window is still open, and I expect more signings.

RaySmith

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 13, 2020, 11:38:48 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 13, 2020, 11:33:43 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 13, 2020, 10:21:56 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 13, 2020, 09:41:15 PM
Quote from: Nero on September 13, 2020, 09:11:31 PM
Christ on a bike moaning about TK and SP sigings before one of them has played a game, Shall we see them play before wrting everyine off

Well that's exactly the problem isn't it? The season has started and we haven't seen any of our new signings play a game yet. Not even a pre-season friendly.

TK has failed to get even a SINGLE new signing ready for the start of the season (except for re-signing Reed on an option and even that one dragged out). Not a SINGLE position in our starting 11 against Arsenal had been strengthened.

The position everyone knew should be top priority (CB) hasn't even been signed yet and will be WEEKS away from being fully integrated into the squad even if we sign someone tomorrow. Which means we will most likely play our upcoming relegation six pointers with our current options at CB.

The club is run by a part-time amateur who will most likely never be fired because he is the owner's son. Which means that we have a DoF who will never be held accountable for his failures. I mean, how many managers/head coaches are we going to fire before we fire our DoF? In the current situation the anwer to that question is probably 'all of them'. I'd rather have the Michael Jackson statue as DoF.

We had two pre season games and there was a 39 day gap between the Play Off Final and the first game of the season. To expect the club to have a plethora of signings in place to start the first game is unreasonable, bearing in mind the players all went off for a summer holiday and pre season games started about two weeks ago at the earliest. If this was 2018/19 I would give you that argument but to expect a new team ready to go in such a short space of time is a lousy argument. Parker could've used Lemina/Robinson but chose not to so that's kind of on the manager not the transfer team.

For what it's worth, Robinson played in the MK Dons friendly and I believe both him and Lemina played in the game against Southampton

But we're not talking about 'a plethora of signings' here, are we? TK has failed to sign even A SINGLE player in time to strengthen our starting 11 before the start of the season.

As for 2018/19 it was more or less the same story: Signing players far too late to be ready for the start of the season.

Let's hope we've at least gotten more useful players this time.

Parker could've used Robinson or Lemina but chose not to because he played the same team that got us up, presumably to make the point to them that the vast majority aren't good enough at this level to start - that's hardly Lemina or Robinson's fault is it, and nor is it TK's as they were signed before we'd even played our first pre season game? Most people can see that on paper, Lemina is better than TC/Reed/Onomah and going forward will replace one of them, and I'd imagine that Robinson will get his fair share of game time this season too as I'd have him at LB with Bryan in front of him at LM/LW

I'm pretty certain that Parker didn't play the same players v Arsenal who got us up, to make a point to them that they weren't good enough for this league, but because the new players haven't had enough time to  adapt to the team, and be properly assessed. The mistake we made last time we were in the Prem.

Every point is crucial, so I'm sure  Parker wil play what he  sees as the best team for every game, leaving aside cup comps, where i expect him to experiment.

Whitestone

Quote from: RaySmith on September 14, 2020, 09:17:41 AM

Two points -
1/ the new players, brought in in such a short time, mainly haven't been selected because they need to  adapt to the team. That's the mistake we made last time we were in the Prem - throwing newcomers in all at once. I do think Parker wants to show faith with the players who won us promotion, but because he knows they are a successful 'team', rather than sentimental reasons, though he  think he wants to treat players fairly,but his main concern is   the team  getting points. He will bring in new players when he thinks they are ready, and can play as part of the team.

2/ I don't think our purchases have been trying to get players on the cheap. We are prepared to offer big money fro the right players, eg Luis, but  getting them to come to Fulham is a different matter.

3/The window is still open, and I expect more signings.

I agree with most of this. The problem for me though is that quite a few of the promotion winning team  are going to struggle in the Premier League just like they did last time so the sooner the new players can be slotted in the more chance we have of picking up points. Personally think the squad needed more of an overhaul than the club have alluded to if we want to stay up.
It can't be easy persuading the right players to come to Fulham, particularly considering our recent history in the division. I am however confident that the recruitment team are doing their best to fill the obvious gaps in the squad. Hopefully see some quality signings soon.

RaySmith

I think many of the new players - those considered better than what we've got in certain positions, will be  brought in as quickly as possible -  we haven't got time  for leisurely appraisals ,  every game is urgent.

And i didn't mean to say that the existing team should be kept together  as long as possible. Thee's no room for sentiment.

It's just that Parker has to be certain that any player he brings in is up to the job, indeed can do a better job,  and can fulfil  a role in t team.

Look at last time we wee in the Prem- the likes of seri, etc, might have been big money buys, and good on paper from  playing  in other leagues, but slava threw them in from day one, and they just weren't good enough at all.

But this is parker's dilemma. But at least he now has options in a lot of positions, with hopefully more to come.

toshes mate

Quote from: KingofCheese on September 14, 2020, 08:52:08 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 14, 2020, 08:36:23 AM
What intrigues me greatly is the unevenness of human logic when describing past events.  When Mitrovic signed his loan deal early in 2018 via contact with Jokanovic, TK was all over that with is 'but it was me who had to get my Dad to agree to spend the money', which is presumably something that has to happen with every expenditure over a certain amount.  If that is the case then can someone explain how that gets to be extrapolated into "TK managed to get £100m of his inheritance to spend...".  It either is TK's money or SK's money and I'd suggest the latter is true.  But I am more concerned with how you get people to play at FFC rather than anywhere else and how you actually make that happen when the limiting factor in every case would seem to potentially be money and little else.  Perhaps the real limiting factor is something else entirely ...

I would have thought that the limiting factor is the ambition of the player. Few players are loyal to their home club if they think they can win something elsewhere. Many players wanting to come into the Premier League will not fancy a struggle against relegation so wont choose those clubs that are in that frame.
Well my lighter self would have agreed with you except there are limited numbers of opportunities for players getting game time with successful clubs.

Most clubs will have potential which is more attractive to go getters.  Being at habitually successful clubs as bit players may be attractive to lazier types but not to serious career minded players who want (as Ryan Sessesgnon once said) 'to just be a better player'.  My heavier self says this is about the style of approach to potential purchase and to the problem of how you move a horse to water and get it to drink.  It is about psychology and having a horse that understands and trusts you.   I don't trust TK and if my love affair with FFC hadn't begun decades ago I certainly don't believe the Khans would have been on my must meet list, although SK would have been a more interesting prospect than TK, and is also much closer to the style of MAF, whose madness I did admire to some degree but not to the extent of sacking a certain Mr Adams.   It sticks in my throat that TK's goto showmanship is his wrestling franchise and all that means i.e. a circus.

KingofCheese

Quote from: toshes mate on September 14, 2020, 10:00:19 AM
Quote from: KingofCheese on September 14, 2020, 08:52:08 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 14, 2020, 08:36:23 AM
What intrigues me greatly is the unevenness of human logic when describing past events.  When Mitrovic signed his loan deal early in 2018 via contact with Jokanovic, TK was all over that with is 'but it was me who had to get my Dad to agree to spend the money', which is presumably something that has to happen with every expenditure over a certain amount.  If that is the case then can someone explain how that gets to be extrapolated into "TK managed to get £100m of his inheritance to spend...".  It either is TK's money or SK's money and I'd suggest the latter is true.  But I am more concerned with how you get people to play at FFC rather than anywhere else and how you actually make that happen when the limiting factor in every case would seem to potentially be money and little else.  Perhaps the real limiting factor is something else entirely ...

I would have thought that the limiting factor is the ambition of the player. Few players are loyal to their home club if they think they can win something elsewhere. Many players wanting to come into the Premier League will not fancy a struggle against relegation so wont choose those clubs that are in that frame.
Well my lighter self would have agreed with you except there are limited numbers of opportunities for players getting game time with successful clubs.

Most clubs will have potential which is more attractive to go getters.  Being at habitually successful clubs as bit players may be attractive to lazier types but not to serious career minded players who want (as Ryan Sessesgnon once said) 'to just be a better player'.  My heavier self says this is about the style of approach to potential purchase and to the problem of how you move a horse to water and get it to drink.  It is about psychology and having a horse that understands and trusts you.   I don't trust TK and if my love affair with FFC hadn't begun decades ago I certainly don't believe the Khans would have been on my must meet list, although SK would have been a more interesting prospect than TK, and is also much closer to the style of MAF, whose madness I did admire to some degree but not to the extent of sacking a certain Mr Adams.   It sticks in my throat that TK's goto showmanship is his wrestling franchise and all that means i.e. a circus.

"I don't trust TK and if my love affair with FFC hadn't begun decades ago I certainly don't believe the Khans would have been on my must meet list," Lets see their record. Bought the club, Invested in the club, Invested in players for the club, Invested in the Ground, kept faith even when we went down twice. Just have a look at Charlton and loads of other clubs who have been robbed and ruined. I am so happy that we have owners that want us to do well. However, if you have a better owner lined up please feel free to let us know.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Sure we had all this last time.......
He got us up first time of asking.

Not sure what else he can do.

It was arsenal, who will finish in the top 4 this season.

First game of the season.

Same argument is so boring.

toshes mate

Quote from: KingofCheese on September 14, 2020, 10:56:09 AM
Lets see their record. Bought the club, Invested in the club, Invested in players for the club, Invested in the Ground, kept faith even when we went down twice. Just have a look at Charlton and loads of other clubs who have been robbed and ruined. I am so happy that we have owners that want us to do well. However, if you have a better owner lined up please feel free to let us know.
Yes, K-O-C, your priorities are writ large all over your output, but I prefer the subtleties in life that really tell you something about the person you are conversing with/speaking to without artifice.   

Jim©

It's a no win situation for Khan/Parker  whatever happens really.
1) Parker doesn't play any new signings = Khan's fault as they're not good enough to strengthen the team
2) Parker puts in a few good signings and we lose to in form Arsenal= Parker's fault "didn't he learn from our last promotion season" or even Khan's fault as many will believe Khan tells Parker what team to pick (honestly, there are a number of people who actually think this).
3) We buy a very, very highly regarded GK and it's put Marek's nose out of joint= Khan's fault. Unless of course he goes on to be exceptional.
4) We get relegated= Parker's fault showed up as a hoax of a manager (not my belief at all) or Khan's fault " he didn't invest in the team"
5) We stay up= no one's fault. There'll still be some on here saying if we'd bought x,y or z we'd have finished 3 points higher etc etc

It's all blame, blame, blame.
I was shocked by the barrage of abuse for our performance at the weekend, especially for Ream who bar one fluffed clearance, had a very good game.
It was much easier supporting a club pre-social media.

toshes mate

Quote from: Jim© on September 14, 2020, 11:21:40 AM
It's a no win situation for Khan/Parker  whatever happens really.
1) Parker doesn't play any new signings = Khan's fault as they're not good enough to strengthen the team
2) Parker puts in a few good signings and we lose to in form Arsenal= Parker's fault "didn't he learn from our last promotion season" or even Khan's fault as many will believe Khan tells Parker what team to pick (honestly, there are a number of people who actually think this).
3) We buy a very, very highly regarded GK and it's put Marek's nose out of joint= Khan's fault. Unless of course he goes on to be exceptional.
4) We get relegated= Parker's fault showed up as a hoax of a manager (not my belief at all) or Khan's fault " he didn't invest in the team"
5) We stay up= no one's fault. There'll still be some on here saying if we'd bought x,y or z we'd have finished 3 points higher etc etc

It's all blame, blame, blame.
I was shocked by the barrage of abuse for our performance at the weekend, especially for Ream who bar one fluffed clearance, had a very good game.
It was much easier supporting a club pre-social media.
Good job TK hasn't hired you as his PR person, isn't it, seeing as the 'new era' announced by TK and endorsed by SP was to overcome all previous and obvious ill health in the recruitment arena?  And wasn't a certain Craig whose boss was a certain Tony accused by Jokanovic of trying to be a part of team selection ... I rest my case ... since one of the pair still, by his own admission, challenges his coach's decision making ... 

Classic94

I'm not reading 'too' much in to Saturday. Did anyone really expect us to beat the countries' form side with, effectively, our 2nd string lineup? We all know Ream, Odoi, Kebano, AK... are not good enough to start regularly at this level.

In my opinion, Areola, Tete, Anguissa and Mitro will be nailed starters when fit. Lemina and Aina were also missing, and I fully expect us to strengthen at CB (!) and up front. My only gripe would be if we leave our business too late.

hovewhite

TK seems to have learnt sweet FA,how we didn't make 2CHs as first signings to replace a great servant Tim ream,also it maybe hector is not top level as he was missing in action sat for the second goal.CH is a position that should have been sorted when last season finished and SP is as guilty as TK!

Jim©

Quote from: toshes mate on September 14, 2020, 11:35:49 AM

... a certain Craig whose boss was a certain Tony accused by Jokanovic of trying to be a part of team selection ... I rest my case ... since one of the pair still, by his own admission, challenges his coach's decision making ... 

If you rest your case based on the ramblings of CK that's your choice. The bloke is, in my opinion, a few sandwiches shy of a picnic.
Who challenges their coach's decision making?

Hatch007

Quote from: colinwhite on September 14, 2020, 05:47:22 AM
Some unbelievable comments on this thread. Some people just cany wait to have a go. Blingo ,I dont know where to start to be honest.

Brilliant. Couldn't have said it better. Some views are just so far out there it's not worth the effort to riposte

toshes mate

Quote from: Jim© on September 14, 2020, 11:51:29 AM

... a certain Craig whose boss was a certain Tony accused by Jokanovic of trying to be a part of team selection ... I rest my case ... since one of the pair still, by his own admission, challenges his coach's decision making ... 

If you rest your case based on the ramblings of CK that's your choice. The bloke is, in my opinion, a few sandwiches shy of a picnic.

If you do not know then read the sentence again (the answer can only be one person) and by his own public admission which you can research if you do not know already.   

Jim©

Quote from: toshes mate on September 14, 2020, 12:19:37 PM

If you do not know then read the sentence again (the answer can only be one person) and by his own public admission which you can research if you do not know already.   

I did reread it, and it's not clear hence I'd still like you to clarify it if possible. I believe you're taking a throwaway comment by Khan (re his chats with Parker) and making it out to be something entirely different. If it has anything to do with CK i'm not interested as the man is half-crazed.

toshes mate

Quote from: Jim© on September 14, 2020, 12:25:29 PM

I did reread it, and it's not clear hence I'd still like you to clarify it if possible. I believe you're taking a throwaway comment by Khan (re his chats with Parker) and making it out to be something entirely different. If it has anything to do with CK i'm not interested as the man is half-crazed.
There is nothing worse than a closed mind IMO but if it makes you happy then so be it. 
TK admitted he challenged Jokanovic's team selections, and also Parker's on video as an attempt to say how close he kept relations with his co-workers and subordinates. 
I am glad you were present at all of this to reassure yourself that is was all just banter and not the work of another unbalanced personalty. 
And I still rest my case.

Sting of the North

Quote from: hovewhite on September 14, 2020, 11:49:20 AM
TK seems to have learnt sweet FA,how we didn't make 2CHs as first signings to replace a great servant Tim ream,also it maybe hector is not top level as he was missing in action sat for the second goal.CH is a position that should have been sorted when last season finished and SP is as guilty as TK!

Why is it so important that our first signings were centre backs? It's not as if they can only work on one deal at a time, and just because other signings are closed earlier it doesn't have to have any effect whatsoever on the potential acquisiton of central defenders.

Jim©

Quote from: toshes mate on September 14, 2020, 12:32:18 PM
Quote from: Jim© on September 14, 2020, 12:25:29 PM

There is nothing worse than a closed mind IMO but if it makes you happy then so be it. 
TK admitted he challenged Jokanovic's team selections, and also Parker's on video as an attempt to say how close he kept relations with his co-workers and subordinates. 
I am glad you were present at all of this to reassure yourself that is was all just banter and not the work of another unbalanced personalty. 
And I still rest my case.

Can I ask why so patronising?
I have a  closed mind on CK as he claimed that there was systemic racism within the club as we decided not to pursue one of his mixed race stat "finds". I'll keep it closed on him as I doubt I'll miss any pearls of wisdom.
So by CK trying to influence team selection (more specifically he didn't want Djalo, Madl , Mollo moved to U23s if I remember correctly), that suddenly becomes you resting your case on someone challenging the coach on selection (which requires more clarification)?

Lighthouse

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on September 14, 2020, 11:11:31 AM
Sure we had all this last time.......
He got us up first time of asking.

It was arsenal, who will finish in the top 4 this season.

First game of the season.

Same argument is so boring.

Yeah but what can you do?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope