watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Sheffield Utd 1-1 Fulham

Started by Milo, October 18, 2020, 01:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

How do you not sub Mitro for AK47 or Bobby with 15 minutes to go?

So frustrating.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

General

Shocking first half, much better second. Lacking confidence and also, sorry to say it, but the same players are the culprits. There's potential there, but we should've been looking to win. Sheffield Utd did better against Arsenal than we did by quite a way, so there's definitely improvement from our end, Tosin looked good, Lookman is lively and scored and I thought RLC was a presence and had quality when on the ball.. as the commentators said, he's lacking match fitness.

We need to get rid of Cairney, Ream and Cavaleiro if i'm being honest. Too slow, too negative and passengers when it comes to overall team play and tracking back and putting in effort. The amount of times I saw Cavaleiro or Cairney walking around when the ball was near them. Do they want to play in the premiership or not? They need to pull their thumbs out of their behinds.

We need to build on today. Should've won, although a draw is probably a fair result given how dominant Sheffield Utd were initially.

Amazing what Lookmans goal did to our confidence levels and general all round play and the chance with the penalty. It's as if we didn't feel like we belonged and couldn't compete and then when we realised how fine the margins were and we could win, we started to play a bit.

andyk

Second half was quality. We bossed the game and they got a very dodgy penalty .  There are signs of hope, Lookman obviously, RLC  too. Pity we didn't win but I'm a bit more hopeful than I was at half time. 
Looking at the table, it's possible 32 or 33 points will be enough this season.

filham

Game of two halves.
We have the players now, there is hope, looking for 3 points against Palace.

We were a shade unlucky , well on top at the end and had Mitro had a better day we would have come home with three points and three goals.

Mince n Tatties

Well we did have the worst player on the park in Mitro.
Overweight,lacklustre,waiting for the ball just to drop for him.
Cost us the game,no pressure on him from another decent striker on the bench.
Don't care how many goals he's scored for us in the Championship,thats history...
Needs a kick up the arse,and hopefully wakens up for the Palace game.

Slaphead in Qatar

Thought Cairney was good today and against Wolves.

jarv

Agree on VAR, get rid NOW. Never a penalty in a million years.  Mitro, body language was wrong all day. Should have been taken off.

Good midfield performance, Anguissa and Cairney, passed the ball well.

Lookman, brilliant, just what the team has needed for a long time.

Onward and upward now.

grandad

Mariner all at sea with the pen. Var is a joke & is truly spoiling the game. How you can give a pen 3 minutes after the event. What would have happened if we had scored in those 3 minutes?
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

Mitrovic is an embarrassment. Not in a while, have I seen such a lazy display and petulantly moaning about everything. He's cost us again with VAR for a goal, makes our final third play look insanely stagnant and just wants to take all the opportunities to score to stat pad the fact his overall game is t good enough.

This isn't just about today. He's had a chip on his shoulder for a while now and I'd likely bench him next game unless he starts putting a shift in behind the scenes, because he ain't on a match day.

Moaning aside, thought we looked much better as a side. Rode our luck at times.....McBurnie could of had a hat trick, but it was a joy to watch. It's just a shame about meat head up top.

winterline

Bryan should have started on the left and Lookman on the right, Cav needs to sit with the reserves, where Odio is (Hector is kinda with them but I still have hope for him). I do not understand why parkr waits so long to do a sub, 81st min? Subs need to come on by 60-70min, otherwise I feel it's a moral killer.

Only in the last 10min was there any real attempt to attack, that style is bound for failure, need that from the whistle.

Caedal

What is encouraging is that all the players we have brought in look good. Its a shame we didnt get some competition for Mitro, and I dont feel like he's mobile enough to play in this system. He isnt holding the ball up against the better premier league players, and is missing chances. Its a real shame we didnt go for Callum Wilson, because he would have been perfect for how we want to play

Tabby

Felt that there could have been more substitutions from us. Lemina came on with some fresh legs which helped, but putting on Kebano or Kamara on the right for the late counters could have made a big difference.

RaySmith

Very good that the heads didn't drop after their 'pen', i thought 'that's it  they'll go on to win' but we  actually created some good chances ourselves, as well as being solid defensively, and were a bit unlucky not to nick it.

So much to be positive about that performance, as  a team, and individually, with all  the new signings who  played looking quality.
The cb  partnership looked pretty good , despite some early examples of  poor defending, and again fb's not picking up  attackers, and Areola kept us in the game, but I thought Ream did well, in combination with the new man.
Onwards and upwards

COYW

rebel

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 18, 2020, 01:58:21 PM
Mitro dropping a 0/10 really tops it off for me. If we're relying on him as our main goal threat we are down, he takes far too many chances to score. How many did he get today and how poor was his link up play.

VAR is pathetic, nobody thought that was a pen until it was freeze framed that Mitro touched their defender

I've been saying this for a long time, he needs 4 attempts to score one goal.

rebel

Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 18, 2020, 01:58:40 PM
who was it who took it off mitros head from a cairney cross? i thought that would have been a dead cert goal

Tosin, I think.

Tabby

Quote from: rebel on October 18, 2020, 02:09:48 PM
Quote from: TC's Sporran on October 18, 2020, 01:58:40 PM
who was it who took it off mitros head from a cairney cross? i thought that would have been a dead cert goal

Tosin, I think.

Mitro looked like he was miles offside for that one to me.

rebel

Quote from: Caedal on October 18, 2020, 01:58:47 PM
Pros

Adarabioyo looks a great signing. Lookman really grew into the game. Thought Lamina looked lively when he came on. We have 1 point

Cons

Mitrovic was abysmal. Cav played another 90 mins and did literally nothing again. Attacking play especially in the first half was really poor. Relying too much on individual brilliance. Disappointing to have thrown away the win

In the first half we didn't move the ball quickly enough, too much of the side to side, I lost track. I've mentioned Mitro, everyone knows what he is about, Parker needs to use him different, or vary his game. He can't hold the ball up these days.

winterline

Quote from: jarv on October 18, 2020, 02:03:36 PM
Agree on VAR, get rid NOW. Never a penalty in a million years.  Mitro, body language was wrong all day. Should have been taken off.

Good midfield performance, Anguissa and Cairney, passed the ball well.

Lookman, brilliant, just what the team has needed for a long time.

Onward and upward now.

Mitro KICKED the calf/heel of the opposition, 100% penalty.

VAR seems to have been implemented as badly as possible on behest of Blattor prior to his 'departure'. Cricket has it spot on and has had it spot on for years if not a decade or more. Football is far more massive than cricket, way more money, yet they mess it up like elementary students... or intentionally make it a pain, VAR is not the issue, it's how it's being implemented/applied, THAT needs changing.

bencher

Anyone want to make that comparison of Mitro v Watkins any more?

Mitro looked extremely leggy all game, no doubt due to travel from internationals. But as infuriating as it is, Parker kept him on because he knows that if a good chance falls in the box, there's no one else he wants on the end of it. It didn't work out today but on another day he'd have buried one and we'd all stop moaning.

rebel

Quote from: VamosFFC on October 18, 2020, 01:59:01 PM
Anyone want to fault Ream today? Thought he had a really great game alongside Tosin. Can't fault him at all today.

On another note, Aina needs to work on his ball control and passing.

Aina lacks a bit of confidence, might take time.