more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Confirmed 25 man squad

Started by fulhamben, October 20, 2020, 04:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleErn

Quote from: filham on October 20, 2020, 06:55:06 PM
Looks a good squad but surely Seri should have been transfered during the window. What does he do now .
He sits in the warm and laughs all the way to the bank.

Craven_Chris

Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 21, 2020, 02:53:58 AM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 21, 2020, 02:52:53 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 21, 2020, 02:36:36 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 21, 2020, 01:20:19 AM
Quote from: Denzil Dexter on October 20, 2020, 11:27:14 PM
Seri gets an easy life.  Turn up for training and get paid £?????? every week

Parker made it clear he didn't want Seri, so Seri's agent thought he was guaranteed to be sold and held out for £15.5m wages at club of Seri's choice.

It seems Seri is only worth £16m, so if Fulham want any money they have to convince Seri that he won't leave unless he lowers his wages of £15.5m over five years.

Tony Khan gave Seri options, a) he can train with the u23s squad for the next 2 years, b) earn his spot in the first team for 2021 or c) get FFC a £5m transfer fee, but Seri cannot d) sign a £15.5m contract with another club and FFC get less than £1m.

Good on Tony Khan for not giving into Seri.
One can see why his Agent thinks that they have a good position to negotiate from, even alternative D is a decent saving for us as we can avoid his wages for 2 years.
a) cost to Fulham -7m
b) cost to Fulham -7m
c) cost to Fulham +5m
d) cost to Fulham +1m

It's not that simple, if I understand FFP properly. Selling Seri for a big loss would be really bad. I assume the club wanted to loan him out to get some of his wages covered and he didn't want that, prefering just to enjoy London and collect a check. Which is his prerogative, if not exactly an inspiring response.

How much is Seri costing Fulham against FFP limits? We are paying him £3.4mn a year and on top of that, the transfer fee we paid is amortising over the 4 year life of his contract. The amount we paid for Seri s a matter of some debate, we seem to have paid between £25m and £30m for him and MLM, but have argued that most of it was paid for MLM (thus avoiding triggering various sell on clauses on Seri).

But I think from a pure accounting point of view, we paid £10m for Seri (and £15m for MLM) which means Seri's contract amortisation is £2.5m a year. Coupled with the £3.4m in wages we pay him, that makes for a charge to FFP of £5.9m a year on Seri.

The longer we keep him (particularly not playing) the older he gets, the less remains on his contract and his market value tends towards nil. I think the longer we keep him, the worse it is from an FFP perspetive I think:

To set that out, if we had sold him in the last transfer window (lets assume he would go on a free): The immediate FFP impact would be £-5mn, ie we would lose the carrying value left on his contract but we would stop paying his wages.

If, instead, we sell him next summer (also for nil), the immediate FFP impact is -£8.4m which breaks down as: -£2.5m further contract amortisation, -£2.5m carrying value, and -3.4m in wages, but the FFP charge is spread over 2 seasons of which £5.9m would be recognised in the 20/21 season and the last £2.5 in the 21/22 season.

If we wait one more year, he leaves as a free agent and the total FFP impact is £11.8m again spread over 2 seasons: -£5m in contract amortisation and -£6.8mn in wages, and that would be £5.9mn in the current season, and £5.9mn in the next.

So I think, all in all, it is better to release him on a free as soon as possible. The trouble is, we are paying him £65k a week and he is entitled to that money. No other club will pay him this, so he will not leave, he will stay and collect his £3.4m a year.

The plan for Fulham must be to let him rot in the u23s and thus threaten to destroy any market value he has beyond the end of his contract, then he might see it is better to leave now for a pay cut, but preserve his ability to command a decent wage into his mid-thirties. But I doubt that will work, he has his bird in the hand so why waste it....

Its a real shame anyway

alfie

Quote from: LittleErn on October 21, 2020, 04:43:24 PM
Looks a good squad but surely Seri should have been transfered during the window. What does he do now .
To be honest what else can he do? FFC gave him that contract, so he is entitled to his pay, if he is training and doing what he supposed to be doing and the management choose not to select him,
He is in limbo, personally I don't think he is that bad a player, it just hasn't worked for him here.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LittleErn

Quote from: alfie on October 21, 2020, 05:58:36 PM
To be honest what else can he do? FFC gave him that contract, so he is entitled to his pay, if he is training and doing what he supposed to be doing and the management choose not to select him,
He is in limbo, personally I don't think he is that bad a player, it just hasn't worked for him here.

I didn't say he was wrong to do it. I might do the same in his position. I agree that he has shown flashes of ability, but he is just not physical enough for the Prem. I am not convinced that he has shown the best attitude since he came back, which might be why he's not in the squad. I hope we can get a loan agreement that would suit him and us.

bill taylors apprentice

His situation has become a bit like Ozil at the Arse and all normal logic would say, he should take a pay cut and go enjoy his football somewhere he's wanted

Seri's career is slipping away while he picks up the big bucks but I think the moneys more important to him than playing.

The best result would be for him to find a club for January and leave now and train with his new team (like Hector did) while we pay him until January.

cmg

25 Squad players (*Home grown)

Adarabioyo, Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin*
Aina, Temitayo Olufisayo Olaoluwa*
Andersen, Joachim Christian
Areola, Alphonse
Bryan, Joseph Edward*
Cairney, Thomas*
Hector, Michael Anthony James*
Kamara, Aboubakar
Kebano, Neeskens
Kongolo, Terence
Le Marchand, Maxime
Lemina, Mario Rene Junior
Loftus Cheek, Ruben*
Lookman, Ademola*
Mitrovic, Aleksandar
Neves Abreu Cavaleiro, Ivan Ricardo
Odoi, Denis Frimpong
Ramirez, Fabricio Agosto
Ream, Timothy Michael
Reed, Harrison James*
Reid, Bobby Armani*
Robinson, Antonee*
Rodak, Marek*
Tete, Kenny Joelle
Zambo Anguissa, Andre-Frank

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on October 21, 2020, 07:29:50 PM
His situation has become a bit like Ozil at the Arse and all normal logic would say, he should take a pay cut and go enjoy his football somewhere he's wanted

Seri's career is slipping away while he picks up the big bucks but I think the moneys more important to him than playing.

The best result would be for him to find a club for January and leave now and train with his new team (like Hector did) while we pay him until January.

Normal logic? It is it normal to take a pay cut when you don't have to?

Statto

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on October 22, 2020, 05:33:00 PM

Normal logic? It is it normal to take a pay cut when you don't have to?

I would say yes, for someone who's already a multi-millionaire, given the choice between (a) earning £3m per year for another couple of years with Fulham but watching your talent, popularity and future earning potential slip away, and (b) dropping down to £2m per year for a couple of years with another club but increasing your earning potential thereafter (both as a player, and in the longer-term) and getting the chance get some trophies and memories, I'd expect them to choose (b).

Jims Dentist

Yes BT that would crtainly be the best option.

Carborundum

Quote from: Statto on October 21, 2020, 09:43:51 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 20, 2020, 11:15:20 PM
Love it

Invalid Tweet ID

Brilliant

In all seriousness that sort of gamesmanship and mettle was as important in our first promotion season as the slick passing etc
Spot on.  It's clear Steffjo isn't Scott Parker's kind of midfielder.  That's OK.  Scott Parker wasn't my kind of midfielder wheras Steffjo was and is.  Never once saw him do a crop circling manoeuvre to slow play down in a faux display of midfield "mastery".  My favourite player in our promotion season under Slava.  By a mile.  Thanks Stefan.

Colton F.C.

Ah yes the chilblains! I'd forgotten about them.  Best TK adds them his buyer beware list along with dodgy knees.

FulhamKC

I am unclear on the rules for the 25 man squad. Can only those in the 25 man squad play this season? Can players be dropped from the 25 and other players added during the season? Can we play someone from the U-23s who is not on the 25 man squad if someone who is in the 25 is injured or suspended?