https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

team in...

Started by WhiteJC, November 30, 2020, 04:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Denver Fulham on November 30, 2020, 06:12:23 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on November 30, 2020, 05:13:25 PM
This isn't a crazy idea to play our "graft" lineup and try to disrupt rather than possess against a side that prefers to counter rather than possess.

Ultimately, we're probably not good enough regardless, and I wouldn't have Cav anywhere near the XI, but Parker's idea about how to approach this match has some merit.

It's worked a charm. Good for Scott. Let's see if we can hold onto this.
lets hope so. I fear letting this slip would be as detrimental as a spanking would be. Will be the easiest half time talk in history, same again lads same again
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

roberto w6

Agree with comments on Cav but am surprised that nobody is troubled by Aina being selected again.
I've only seen him in 2 full games (so apologies if I just saw him on 2 freaky bad days) but to my mind he makes Cyrus Christie and Denis Odoi look like Carlos Alberto and Cafu

Statto

Quote from: roberto w6 on November 30, 2020, 07:06:05 PM
Agree with comments on Cav but am surprised that nobody is troubled by Aina being selected again.
I've only seen him in 2 full games (so apologies if I just saw him on 2 freaky bad days) but to my mind he makes Cyrus Christie and Denis Odoi look like Carlos Alberto and Cafu

Aina was absolute class tonight, MOTM contender IMO

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 30, 2020, 04:35:53 PM
How in God's Name is Cavs starting!? No Mitro? Wtf. Cavs score a hat trick and prove me wrong.

I'll raise my pint and hand to saying I was absolutely dead wrong. The lads and Scott fought like lions, what a performance! We've gelling for a few weeks now - it's starting to come together!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

LittleErn

Quote from: Denver Fulham on November 30, 2020, 05:13:25 PM
This isn't a crazy idea to play our "graft" lineup and try to disrupt rather than possess against a side that prefers to counter rather than possess.

Ultimately, we're probably not good enough regardless, and I wouldn't have Cav anywhere near the XI, but Parker's idea about how to approach this match has some merit.

right again!

LittleErn

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on November 30, 2020, 05:21:47 PM
We have a dof who knows nothing about football and probably has no idea how cack Cav has been for months. Maybe he's like Ronaldo in training, but  Ronald McDonald in the matches. I'm convinced SP isn't going anywhere even if we end the season on 4 points, or his job would have been threatened by now.
I pray for a freak result in our favour, but the fact is we've only taken points off the dung teams and lost to others who've been well off form.
I'm expecting a hammering.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Wrong again! this was no freak result, and we didn't get a hammering!

LittleErn

Quote from: Statto on November 30, 2020, 05:56:30 PM
Quote from: Twig on November 30, 2020, 05:48:59 PM
I fail to understand leaving out TC who has been one of our only Prem standard players this season. As for Cav%u2019s inclusion, words fail me.

He had a good game against West Brom but otherwise hasn't been head and shoulders above the rest of our best XI, has he. He's one of our most immobile, slowest players and nigh on useless when we don't have possession. So I can entirely understand the reasons for dropping him in a game where we're likely to be defending and counter-attacking most of the time.

The same reasons IMO justify dropping Mitrovic for Cavaliero, who's not made an impact at this level but is nowhere near as poor as some on here make out. He's not another Mark Fotheringham.

With benefit of hindsight, I agree. TC slows us down with his sideways passes and is entirely predictable because of his one footed game. Premier quality defenders know how to shepherd him away from the danger area. Mitro has been off the pace for most of this season and makes us one-dimensional. I confess I wasn't happy about Cav, but he played well tonight. Let's hope his goal will give him the confidence to improve further.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 30, 2020, 04:55:09 PM
I don't agree with you very often Ben, but I do agree with you about Cav, very none productive.

He'll probably score an absolute stunner tonight to prove us all wrong!!

As Bruce Forsyth used to say "He's my favourite"

fulhamfever

Quote from: fulhamfever on November 30, 2020, 04:37:47 PM
I will give my thoughts after the game. Another game another chance to prove yourself CAV, silence the doubters.

Cav's pen proved to be the winning goal. 3 points is what we needed and we played as a team, chasing back, doubling up on the opposition and getting the win. Reed, RLC and Lookman look like a good trio atm.