watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by Bassey the warrior, November 30, 2020, 08:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

Based on comments made in the transfer window, it looks like Tosin was our 4th choice target, i wonder how the other targets would have done if we got them.. my guess is not as good as Tosin.

Anyway good signing and good work from the board- young guy and can improve a lot from here as well.

jayffc

Quote from: filham on December 01, 2020, 05:46:28 PM
Unchanged back four for a while now, not sure what happens when Tete and Kongola become available. I imagine they become fixtures on the bench.

Harsh on Tete to lose his place after starting so well, Aina has been the weaker member generally in the back 4 for me, but, hes also had some really good games so should probably hold down his place until such a time as he hits a poor run of form.

Presume they'll both start in the cup and have a chance to state their claims. Wouldn't want to upset this back 4 unnecessarily at this point.

Might be wrong but dont think we have an option on Joachim so if he goes back next year that might be Kongolos time to shine so hell need to stay sharp before then if long term its him and Tosin at the back.

A nice problem to have!

Jeroen

Out back 4 also seems amazing if you think how much money we spend on them!! (Isn't it about £5.5M)
Villa paid more than double for just Matt Cash :-)

(Ok Anderson is loan without option to buy, but if we stay up no doubt we can make this happen, also we have in Kongolo a cheap back up)

jayffc

Quote from: Jeroen on December 01, 2020, 08:45:33 PM
Out back 4 also seems amazing if you think how much money we spend on them!! (Isn't it about £5.5M)

(Ok Anderson is loan without option to buy, but if we stay up no doubt we can make this happen, also we have in Kongolo a cheap back up)

The recruitment may not have been done particularly early etc...but no denying to a man they have all massively improved us and our fate is very much in our hands at this point. As you say, great signings at a snip of what they will be worth if they continue to play this way all season. . And in Kongolo we now have a bench CB who I'm not terrified to bring in if needs be....of course that could yet turn out to be  misplaced as he's not played in a while, but can't be much worse than Ream and Hector were doing.
Really hope we do stay up and we're able to make at least Joachim and Areola permanent moves. Further forward would be dream land to re-sign lookman.

If this team continues to gel and we can make a key number of these loans permanent we'll have a very exciting base to push on from. Think if we can get through the next 2 without embarrassing ourselves too much and having our egos deflated too much, we're really going to continue to suprise some teams higher up than us. Wouldnt that be nice to stick it to the bookies who paid out on relegation!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 01, 2020, 10:07:54 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 01, 2020, 05:22:13 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 30, 2020, 08:15:18 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 30, 2020, 08:13:45 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 30, 2020, 08:12:36 PM
Lots of plaudits righly going the way of Reed, Zambo and BDR for the defending, but Tosin was immense. Lots of interceptions and clearances plus great positioning. Nothing got past him tonight.

Yes Tosin good. Andersen excellent as well. Good CB partnership at last.

Agree. Both big improvements on what we had. Tosin is a great pickup for the price.

Tosin earns the same wages as Seri and double what Mawson earns, so he is not that cheap, but is a great pickup for the price.

If you're going by those figures that were published recently, I wouldn't. Some of those are way out & I know that for a fact
If  Tosin , coming to us as  a Man City fringe player, is on twice what Mawson earns, I'll be absolutely flabbergasted

Everywhere the wages of players are published they place Tosin's wages as double Mawson and equally to Seri. If we are going to comment that Tosin is good value, then surely these are the figures we must use.

Tosin was good value for his wages (a young centre back on high wages is money better spent than other positions), but at a similar wages to Mitrovic, Tosin isn't that cheap and needs to put in years of good service to justify his cost to us.

Tosin isn't a uncover star, but a player that has been identified as class from his mid-teens that has played well, but not had a true breakout season that would get him recalled to ManCity.

Man City knew he would never play for them and wanted his wages off the book, while he wanted to join a premier league team that he knew he would start and that was good enough that if he kept clean sheets would stay up, so joined Fulham.

Bronaldinho

Back four has improved and changed our fortunes.

Andersen, Adarabioyo, Robinson, Areola are not coming out of that team all season.

Ridiculously good players - Tosin has all the attributes to be a leader, and working with Andersen and Areola is ideal for him.

Robinson is so dedicated to his role and fears no one, ridiculously consistent and makes things happen. Engine on him too.

Aina is getting better and he's improving - Tete coming back to fitness will be a bonus too only spot up for grabs IMHO.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 01, 2020, 10:55:04 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 01, 2020, 10:07:54 AM
Lots of plaudits righly going the way of Reed, Zambo and BDR for the defending, but Tosin was immense. Lots of interceptions and clearances plus great positioning. Nothing got past him tonight.

Agree. Both big improvements on what we had. Tosin is a great pickup for the price.

Tosin earns the same wages as Seri and double what Mawson earns, so he is not that cheap, but is a great pickup for the price.

If you're going by those figures that were published recently, I wouldn't. Some of those are way out & I know that for a fact
If  Tosin , coming to us as  a Man City fringe player, is on twice what Mawson earns, I'll be absolutely flabbergasted

Everywhere the wages of players are published they place Tosin's wages as double Mawson and equally to Seri. If we are going to comment that Tosin is good value, then surely these are the figures we must use.

Tosin was good value for his wages (a young centre back on high wages is money better spent than other positions), but at a similar wages to Mitrovic, Tosin isn't that cheap and needs to put in years of good service to justify his cost to us.

Tosin isn't a uncover star, but a player that has been identified as class from his mid-teens that has played well, but not had a true breakout season that would get him recalled to ManCity.

Man City knew he would never play for them and wanted his wages off the book, while he wanted to join a premier league team that he knew he would start and that was good enough that if he kept clean sheets would stay up, so joined Fulham.

Even if he's on £60k and I'm sceptical about that, it's still a good financial package factoring in signing on fee and wage for a young player good enough to start. He can only improve. Same with Robinson.

Jim©

Seriously, no one really believes that he earns that sort of money do they?
I also read something on the internet that the US election was rigged, but I don't have to believe all that I read do I?

jayffc

Quote from: Jim© on December 02, 2020, 02:30:44 PM

I also read something on the internet that the US election was rigged, but I don't have to believe all that I read do I?

Nope, but you should be open to reading all the evidence currently being presented- if and as it is materializing, which it is, though rather worryingly- isn't really being reported anywhere mainstream that I've seen. If it turns out to be bull then it's as you were and the right outcome should be absolutely respected.

As for what Tosin earns, I wouldn't know how these websites ascertain that sort of inside info... Is it made public anywhere? How do they find that out? No idea how regularly these websites are accurate on this. I personally find it hard to believe he'd be on this sort of money at this stage in his career. Do Man City youngsters really get paid that sort of dosh even if they have never broken into the first team? Seems unlikely but with the money being thrown about these days, who knows!

EDIT****
Only articles I can find on his wages allude to him being on 20k per week when he was at Man City, but not from any particularly official looking sources

Jim©

Quote from: jayffc on December 02, 2020, 10:00:35 PM

Nope, but you should be open to reading all the evidence currently being presented- if and as it is materializing, which it is, though rather worryingly- isn't really being reported anywhere mainstream that I've seen. If it turns out to be bull then it's as you were and the right outcome should be absolutely respected.

As for what Tosin earns, I wouldn't know how these websites ascertain that sort of inside info... Is it made public anywhere? How do they find that out? No idea how regularly these websites are accurate on this. I personally find it hard to believe he'd be on this sort of money at this stage in his career. Do Man City youngsters really get paid that sort of dosh even if they have never broken into the first team? Seems unlikely but with the money being thrown about these days, who knows!

EDIT****
Only articles I can find on his wages allude to him being on 20k per week when he was at Man City, but not from any particularly official looking sources

Believe me, I've read a lot of it and there's good reason why almost all of it has been thrown out of court in the US. There is no evidence anywhere and my god there's millions of Trump supporters looking for it isn't there? Made up stuff on the internet with no base in fact. Much like these reputed wages that players earn. I could post all over the internet and send a few articles in to football sites, what Tosin supposedly earns (let's say £68,000 a week, entirely made up), it would then become "fact" in some peoples' eyes as it was on the internet in a news type fashion.

Craven Mad

Yep, nice seeing a settled back 4.

On which note, anyone know when we can expect Tete and Kongolo to return? I wouldn't be looking to put them straight in, but would be useful to know.

Twig

Quote from: Jeroen on December 01, 2020, 08:45:33 PM

Sadly I think there's every doubt we could sign Anderson. His home club made it pretty clear he will not be available.

Twig

EDIT****

I'm open to reading every scrap of proper factual evidence of electoral fraud. Thus far I haven't seen anything whatsoever (except completely unsubstantiated claims). Care to share anything you have?

The Rational Fan

If you don't believe what the media tells you the truth about Tosin wages, then be consistent and don't believe anything on Seri's or Mito's wages.

If people think we don't know Tosin wages, then we cannot know that his wages present a good value.

FulhamStu

How do you know how much Tosin earns, genuinely interested in how you got that information ?

Jim©

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 04, 2020, 03:33:27 AM

If you don't believe what the media tells you the truth about Tosin wages, then be consistent and don't believe anything on Seri's or Mito's wages.

If people think we don't know Tosin wages, then we cannot know that his wages present a good value.

I don't believe anything I'll read on a player's wages. I'll always put 'supposedly' or 'apparently' as they're hugely inflated compared to what they do earn.
But if you genuinely think Tosin earns what Mitro does and that this is out in the public domain, I'd imagine there'd be issues within the squad and players like Harrison Reed, Rodak, Bryan et al knocking on the DOF door demanding a substantial payrise.
I'm not claiming I know what these specific players earn, but using common sense and knowledge of some players I do know their earnings, would lead me to think that you're way way out.

Statto

Quote from: Jim© on December 04, 2020, 09:36:57 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 04, 2020, 03:33:27 AM

I don't believe anything I'll read on a player's wages. I'll always put 'supposedly' or 'apparently' as they're hugely inflated compared to what they do earn.
But if you genuinely think Tosin earns what Mitro does and that this is out in the public domain, I'd imagine there'd be issues within the squad and players like Harrison Reed, Rodak, Bryan et al knocking on the DOF door demanding a substantial payrise.
I'm not claiming I know what these specific players earn, but using common sense and knowledge of some players I do know their earnings, would lead me to think that you're way way out.

If you're disputing the general idea that most of our players are earning somewhere between £30k and £60k (with a few on even more) then, to use your analogy from up the thread, that's like thinking the US election was rigged, because you'd have to ignore an overwhelming body of consistent evidence from various sources, and publicly-available indicators such as the total wage bill disclosed in our accounts.

But if you're just disputing the fact that Tosin earns twice what Mawson earns I can entirely see where you're coming from. Perhaps Tosin is on a bit more given the low fee and two years' inflation since we signed Mawson but I can't see it being double. Like you I treat these reported figures as having a wide margin of error (albeit i reckon overall, they're generally in the right ballpark).

Jim©

Quote from: Statto on December 04, 2020, 09:58:44 AM

But if you're just disputing the fact that Tosin earns twice what Mawson earns I can entirely see where you're coming from. Perhaps Tosin is on a bit more given the low fee and two years' inflation since we signed Mawson but I can't see it being double. Like you I treat these reported figures as having a wide margin of error (albeit i reckon overall, they're generally in the right ballpark).

Yep, it's definitely just the second bit- what Tosin earns.
I'd love somehow for a club to publish what players earnt a week as some would be surprised that it wasn't the £100k that many believe (not talking FFC here!). Saying that, it's still sickening what some earn for never even playing a game.

jayffc

Quote from: Twig on December 03, 2020, 12:12:22 PM

EDIT****

I'm open to reading every scrap of proper factual evidence of electoral fraud. Thus far I haven't seen anything whatsoever (except completely unsubstantiated claims). Care to share anything you have?

Havent got a moment today to link to each individual source but they're usually linked in the bio section of the video I'll post below,. I was saying much the same regarding the election but have been trying to break my algorithms a bit of late and do try to read everything from huffpost to Breitbart (both too extreme for me!)  And in between, to see how the same story is reported and make some sort of objective opinion.

A friend sent me over some of the coverage on it all from this channel...theres tons of there following the trials https://youtu.be/20fUZBfK6-o

whilst his style isnt really for me, a bit bullish and showmanesque (hes a conservative comedian) I've found some of the coverage is of things I'm not really seeing reported much anywhere else. At very least there is a swathe of signed testimony (lying under oath is a serious crime so that's alot of people putting their necks on the line if proven to be all b s-, some questionable video evidence backing up claims and a series of worrying issues and statistical anomalies with the computerised voting system used in a number if states, enough accumatively to be fully considered genuine evidence of some pretty wildly abnormal voting patterns and irregularities that have got me to the point of...fair play, its worth investigating. It's a hard thing to prove definitively of course, but I'm no longer convinced theres zero evidence..  whether it's enough to swing an election is a whole other thing.

I take crowders takes on things with a large pinch of cynicism as he is openly and unashamedly biased in his desired outcome... but he is linking to genuine sources so rather than run around gathering each one for this post I've just popped 1 of his vids above but theres alot of coverage on there. I gather hes getting higher viewing figures than CNN on some of this stuff now which says alot about peoples mistrust of MSM now. Anyway , not here to say its definitive one way or the other ...just that there are questions around a number of events that night that should be thoroughly investigated.

karldutton

As long as the player is capable of keeping the ball away from goal. But if it went the opposite way probably my thoughts would change on that. The next few fixtures are really tough games, but if he does manage to put in a good performance at both would be a huge achievement for him and also Andersen.