watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin

Started by Bassey the warrior, November 30, 2020, 08:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Lots of plaudits righly going the way of Reed, Zambo and BDR for the defending, but Tosin was immense. Lots of interceptions and clearances plus great positioning. Nothing got past him tonight.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 30, 2020, 08:12:36 PM
Lots of plaudits righly going the way of Reed, Zambo and BDR for the defending, but Tosin was immense. Lots of interceptions and clearances plus great positioning. Nothing got past him tonight.

Yes Tosin good. Andersen excellent as well. Good CB partnership at last.

FFC1987

Tosin and Anderson. Thought both deserved a clean sheet tonight.

Statto

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on November 30, 2020, 08:13:45 PM

Agree. Both big improvements on what we had. Tosin is a great pickup for the price.

RaySmith

SP

What a contrast to the LCFC CBs who were both poor IMO.

fulhamben

He was my motm tonight. Didn't put one foot wrong, not one. Same could be said of Anderson too but he didn't seem to be cutting out as much as young tosin. Was also good to see him put his foot through the ball when Leicester went for the press rather than mess about at the back. Shame they scored, maybe lemina should have got closer to him, but as about as solid a defensive performance as you could have wished for.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

He has been an excellent purchase, well done Tony Khan and everyone involved in that transfer.

Twig

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 30, 2020, 08:20:41 PM
He has been an excellent purchase, well done Tony Khan and everyone involved in that transfer.

Agree, thus far he looks to be one of TK's better decisions.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on November 30, 2020, 08:16:35 PM
He was my motm tonight. Didn't put one foot wrong, not one. Same could be said of Anderson too but he didn't seem to be cutting out as much as young tosin. Was also good to see him put his foot through the ball when Leicester went for the press rather than mess about at the back. Shame they scored, maybe lemina should have got closer to him, but as about as solid a defensive performance as you could have wished for.

Same here.

FFC In Oz

Thought Tosin was absolutely immense.  He was in the right spot at the right time more times than I could count, particularly in the second half.

He read the play brilliantly, and along with his mate Andersen, was instrumental in getting us the 3 points

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 30, 2020, 08:15:18 PM

Agree. Both big improvements on what we had. Tosin is a great pickup for the price.

Tosin earns the same wages as Seri and double what Mawson earns, so he is not that cheap, but is a great pickup for the price.

hovewhite

Never thought it would happen but we were secure at the back tosun was immense backed up by Anderson the new hangaland and Hughes.

Jim©

As Ben says above, it was nice to see us learn from our errors. Two minutes in, he had the ball on the edge of his area, about to get pressed and instead of trying a cross field ball, he just launched it down the line. Thought the back 4 were excellent last night, and Aina had his best game defensively for us playing almost as a third centre back when out of possession.
Andersen reminds me a lot of Hughes, nothing fancy, nothing exceptional, just steady, dependable.

Well done back 4 (including the two sitting MFs) as we restricted a very dangerous Leicester team to pot shots in the main part.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 01, 2020, 05:22:13 AM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on November 30, 2020, 08:15:18 PM

Tosin earns the same wages as Seri and double what Mawson earns, so he is not that cheap, but is a great pickup for the price.

If you're going by those figures that were published recently, I wouldn't. Some of those are way out & I know that for a fact
If  Tosin , coming to us as  a Man City fringe player, is on twice what Mawson earns, I'll be absolutely flabbergasted

Woolly Mammoth

Successful Centre backs generally come in pairs, and it appears that we have the makings of another good pairing. You can see it in their faces and body language that they are both Warriors.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Kudos to all of the back 4, solid game defensively.  Most games when the opposition has a corner, I just cringe.  But it seemed for the most part FFC had corners under control.  Loved how the game started even before we scored.  Cap tip to SP for his defensive strategy.  And BDR for his contribution in that strategy.  I think this sort of defense should be used going forward, especially against some of the obvious top teams with potent offenses.

filham

Unchanged back four for a while now, not sure what happens when Tete and Kongola become available. I imagine they become fixtures on the bench.

davew

Defensively we are in a lot better shape now and as Filham says we have plenty in reserve to choose from soon.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)