watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vaccine

Started by Dodgin, December 14, 2020, 10:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e4b

Got my second jab yesterday as did my wife. Had the AZ one. no ill effects whatsoever. Recommend everyone to have whichever one they are offered. Just the peace of mind makes it worth it. And its free.

Twig

Still waiting for our second jabs. We had the Pfizer one and I sense the supply has dried up a bit so goodness knows when we will be offered our second jabs.  But I endorse what others are saying when its offered TAKE IT!

Holders

Did you not get the appointment for the second when you booked the first? Mine's on May 9th - seems ages.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

Had our first phyzer jab 10weeks ago, eagerly awaiting notification for 2nd jab. No side effects and we are totally convinced that the more people vacinated the safer we all are.

Holders

Quote from: filham on March 30, 2021, 11:26:37 AM
Had our first phyzer jab 10weeks ago, eagerly awaiting notification for 2nd jab. No side effects and we are totally convinced that the more people vacinated the safer we all are.

Quite right - worldwide.

Logicalman

Quote from: Holders on March 30, 2021, 10:57:58 AM
Did you not get the appointment for the second when you booked the first? Mine's on May 9th - seems ages.

What's the spacing between first and second jabs there then? Is that for the AstraZeneca shot?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

I still maintain that there is no need to vaccinate the entire population for a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate. Governments and the WHO have brainwashed the majority into believing that the vaccine is the answer to everything and there are many many arguments against. Blingo still not happy about taking the jab.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: blingo on March 30, 2021, 12:39:48 PM
I still maintain that there is no need to vaccinate the entire population for a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate. Governments and the WHO have brainwashed the majority into believing that the vaccine is the answer to everything and there are many many arguments against. Blingo still not happy about taking the jab.
to each their own. I see it like the flu shot, which most of us have received. Additionally, not being vaccinated against the upcoming strain changes is what I wouldn't be excited about. So I will get the poke.

e4b

/quote]
Try tilling that to families who have lost loved ones or people who are suffering long covid. Personally I would rather not run the risk of being 1 of the 0.3 percent .Selfish perhaps but thats me.

mrmicawbers

Up to you Bring,but let the rest us get the economy up and running.If you don't think it's not worth taking have a look at France and the effect of not having a jab and many French people being anti vaxxers.

blingo

I have been affected so I know. However, how many under 50s have died? Has the compulsory wearing of masks worked? All I see is governments controlling people's lives and airlines controlling whether or not you can fly. Who has the right to take people's freedom away in this day and age? Watch how, as time goes by the governments report improvements in the pandemic as economies break down to unsustainable levels. Personal thoughts are that governments screwed up big time and don't know which way to turn now to get out of it. It exists, it's a serious strain of flu but there have been worse and we have survived. Taking the vaccine won't stop you getting it or passing it on. Still too many unanswered questions for blin..... Not at all convinced.... go.

HV71

Quote from: Twig on March 30, 2021, 10:45:04 AM
Still waiting for our second jabs. We had the Pfizer one and I sense the supply has dried up a bit so goodness knows when we will be offered our second jabs.  But I endorse what others are saying when its offered TAKE IT!

Exactly the same place - I was vaccinated first ( Pfizer) and don't have a date for my second. The wife however had ( AZ ) and has her second date booked

Holders

Quote from: Logicalman on March 30, 2021, 12:20:48 PM

What's the spacing between first and second jabs there then? Is that for the AstraZeneca shot?

Sorry for the delay responding been out all day. Yes, that was AZ, booked both dates online at the same time.

Deeping_white

It's not just about the recovery rate though and that's not why you vaccinate people (it's also more like 97% because lots of people are suffering long term complications). If you stop the virus' ability to effectively spread by immunising people then you reduce the chance it can mutate and become more lethal, or reduce the chance of people catching it and passing it on so that it circulates at a level that causes problems through the whole country. By all means remain anti-vax but the proof is in the pudding that with so many people vaccinated in the UK, look how the infection and death rate is now significantly below the rest of Europe and tell me that it doesn't work

Twig

Not for Pfizer you don't. This vaccine has such difficult logistics challenges that they can't predict exactly when second doses will be available. You usually get a short notice instruction to turn up for a second jab as and when it suddenly becomes locally available.
I'm not complaining, lucky to get the first jab and will move heaven and earth to make myself available for my second (and that is despite being scheduled for a surgical procedure next week). I said on a previous post that I regard it as a social duty and nothing has changed my mind.

Twig

Blingo, there is none so blind........ Sad.

Roberty

Quote from: blingo on March 30, 2021, 03:58:42 PM
I have been affected so I know. However, how many under 50s have died? Has the compulsory wearing of masks worked? All I see is governments controlling people's lives and airlines controlling whether or not you can fly. Who has the right to take people's freedom away in this day and age? Watch how, as time goes by the governments report improvements in the pandemic as economies break down to unsustainable levels. Personal thoughts are that governments screwed up big time and don't know which way to turn now to get out of it. It exists, it's a serious strain of flu but there have been worse and we have survived. Taking the vaccine won't stop you getting it or passing it on. Still too many unanswered questions for blin..... Not at all convinced.... go.

Most under 50's don't die BUT they do pass it onto the over 50's who do die
Mask wearing worked in parts of Asia where it has always been the norm - here it was introduced too late to control the spread but has probably reduced the spread in indoor settings
No one is taking away your freedom but there will be restrictions to give freedom to the majority, you will still be free to choose not to be vaccinated and you will have to accept our freedom to disassociate with you.
Taking vaccine stops the most vulnerable dying, that is the point and the least vulnerable from passing it onto them
The unanswered question is - if this was a sinking ship would you wait to see if you drown or climb aboard a life boat.

BUT please feel free to continue with your beliefs and accept that the majority might want to restrict your freedom to infect them
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Roberty

In the UK, giving a date for the booster jab depend on the clinic not the vaccine.

Some clinics give second date with or straight after first others give a number of weeks before it and contact you later

I went to UCLH in London - they said 10 weeks when I had the first jab.

When I got a text to give booster date, with about two weeks notice, it was for 9 weeks later with an option to change it later date if I needed to

A friend who had the same first vaccine at a different clinic on the same date, was told 12 weeks and he is still waiting to be told the date for his booster jab.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Holders

Quote from: Roberty on March 31, 2021, 05:19:20 AM
Quote from: blingo on March 30, 2021, 03:58:42 PM

Most under 50's don't die BUT they do pass it onto the over 50's who do die
Mask wearing worked in parts of Asia where it has always been the norm - here it was introduced too late to control the spread but has probably reduced the spread in indoor settings
No one is taking away your freedom but there will be restrictions to give freedom to the majority, you will still be free to choose not to be vaccinated and you will have to accept our freedom to disassociate with you.
Taking vaccine stops the most vulnerable dying, that is the point and the least vulnerable from passing it onto them
The unanswered question is - if this was a sinking ship would you wait to see if you drown or climb aboard a life boat.

BUT please feel free to continue with your beliefs and accept that the majority might want to restrict your freedom to infect them

It's Blingo's right to jump in and see if he can swim but that doesn't pass it on to anyone else.

It's the pool of those who don't get vaccinated where mutations would most likely emerge so however "comforting" the death rate might be for one's own age group, it makes total sense to persuade as many as possible to get vaccinated. Even the complacent mostly have parents, grandparents or friends to perhaps think about in a moment of consideration for others. I see no possible reason for reusing the vaccine (without valid medical reason), except to test whether one survives or not.

I don't do the lottery myself.

blingo

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 30, 2021, 10:34:30 PM

The lockdown is what worked not the vaccine.

It's not just about the recovery rate though and that's not why you vaccinate people (it's also more like 97% because lots of people are suffering long term complications). If you stop the virus' ability to effectively spread by immunising people then you reduce the chance it can mutate and become more lethal, or reduce the chance of people catching it and passing it on so that it circulates at a level that causes problems through the whole country. By all means remain anti-vax but the proof is in the pudding that with so many people vaccinated in the UK, look how the infection and death rate is now significantly below the rest of Europe and tell me that it doesn't work

The lockdown is what has worked not the vaccine as I see it. It is still far too early to tell if the vaccine is working or not. In Spain cases are on the rise again and they are talking about a fourth wave and these waves will continue until we reach herd immunity. I read the other day that a strain of the common cold is quite possibly the most effective way to kill covid. Who do you trust or believe nowadays?????

Im not anti anything but I like to be sure that what I am putting into my body is the right thing and not something that Dr's and Governments (who have not had enough time to prove/disprove or see the full effects that the vaccines can produce) decide that everyone should take.

Wearing masks will never do anything until EVERYONE complies and they wont, why? A lot of lower income families simply cannot afford to be changing masks 3 or 4 times per day, social gatherings where people couldn't care less, will continue the spread and as far as I know, a virus is supremely difficult to stop as it can neither be seen nor heard. I don't think that it's wrong if you want to take the vaccine, I just don't get the over reaction from Governments and the WHO who are more interested in their own self importance than anything else. The WHO have a mountain to answer for in this and it could have virtually been stopped at source but they did NOTHING. Now they do nothing other than try to justify their existence by stressing the dangers of the virus. Don't think I don't understand as this took my aunty in three days in a care home, but lets be honest it (like most hunters or viruses, flu included), take out the weak and the aged and that is virtually what has happened here IMHO. I wish you all well and of course if you think it is the right thing for you then you should do it. I will still sit and wait. Blin .......jib jabbing ........go.