News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Old Are You & What Was Your First Fulham game?

Started by White Noise, February 10, 2010, 12:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

17 years old, and fulham v west brom in 2006. we won 6-1 :) what a first game !

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Peabody

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 10, 2010, 03:08:44 PM
Quote from: Peabody on February 10, 2010, 01:12:20 PM
Like I have said before, 71 and it was Fulham v Luton Town in Sept 1946. Just thought though, as I did'nt pay to get into that game, does it count?
Did you bunk in? You're lucky the stewards didn't catch you ;)

I was an innocent 7 year old then. My Uncle took mee

Peabody

Quote from: SheffieldWhite on February 10, 2010, 03:45:29 PM
OldBrownShoes did you bunk off school to see that Newcastle match cos it was midweek wasn't it?

It was definately a Saturday afternoon, I think it may have been a 2-15 ko. no floodlights then. But definately Saturday.

Lighthouse

My first Fulham game was 67-68 season at Old Trafford. Just before my 10th birthday. Not long after that I had to go into Hospital for a mysterious infection. Bloody Old Trafford.

We lost 3 - 0 - the Fulham team heard you were coming.. ;) - Ed
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

OldBrownShoe

Sheffield White and Peabody, it was definitely a Saturday, k.o. was 2.45pm.  I have the programme in front of me (thanks to LBno11!!).

My bunking off came a bit later when England played televised home internationals. For example England 5 USSR 0 when the Maestro put three goals past Lev Yashin. There were other games too. Enough that my teacher complained that surely I must have run out of grandmothers' funerals by now.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Rupert

45 and aging rapidly, reserve game in 1968 against one of the Bristol teams (my dear old Dad never could recall which of them and I was too young to remember) and we won 6-0, we stuck a young defender called Malcolm MacDonald in as an emergency striker and he scored for fun. Dad always said he was talking to an old supporter, complaining that as the first team couldn't score we should give MacDonald a chance, you wait, said the old geezer, we'll sell him soon. Sure enough, Alec Stock and Luton swooped and "discovered" the lad could play up front.

First game I definately recall being at was the 1-0 loss to Preston at the end of 1970-71, but I have vague memories of the riverside terrace being reduced to rubble prior to the Riverside Stand being built (and the debt from that crippling us for decades).
I also remember us beating Pele and Santos, 1972 I think.

Damn Ricky Heppolette, for spoiling our fun, my first time on the pitch that day celebrating promotion...
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FMCexW14

47. My first game at Craven Cottage wasn't a Fulham game. It was a world cup qualifier in 1973: Northern Ireland versus Cyprus, which NI won 3-0. Played at FFC due to the troubles. First FFC game I think was home to Sunderland in September 73 but bit vague......!

:D

October 1973, we lost 0-2...

WhiteJC

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 10, 2010, 12:53:11 PM
Um, 27.. first game was Fulham v the dark side in the 1985 Milk Cup.
well if your 27 I'm 38  ;D

Tomo

17 and I think it was Grimsby at Home in either the 98/99 or 99/00 at a tender age of 7 or 8. I still have the programme somewhere!

"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

clintclintdeuce

Im 25. First time across the pond for a Fulham match was West Ham home February '08.

Cheated by Nobby Solano I recall...
The Dude abides.

bog

64 and sometime back in 1953, sadly I do not recall the game. Oh how I wish I had the programme. I still recall my late father saying that he wanted to take me to see a young player who was playing for Fulham called Johnny Haynes....  

bigalffc

58 and first game was in '58. can't remember which game.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

SuffolkWhite

43,  First game and a night game against Oxford Utd in which we lost 0-4 and that effectively was the end of Bobby Campbell as manager.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

EdenRob

Years Years Years
Sixty. First match was an Easter Bank holiday close to one of my birthdays against Arsenal and we won 3-0. Not sure of the year, somewhere between 59-62, but I bet someone can work it out.

Wow where did those years go?

os5889

23 years old and I believe it was Fulham Southampton at St Marys 3-3

Diop, Malbranque and Radzinski, 5th January 2005 - Ed

FC Silver Fox

My first game was in 1963 when I was 10 years old. Our school did a football exchange with a school from Liverpool. They came down to London, stayed with us and we played a couple of games against them.  Fulham v Liverpool was on that Saturday so we all went to it.  The score was 0-0, so honour was safe all round. However, I was hooked on the Fulham magic from that day forward.

Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

BarneyTravers

Remember the Oxford game vividly Suffolk...though the crowd was sparse the 'Campbell out' was so loud practically everybody in attendance bar the Oxford contingent must have subscribed.

Tktd

didn't realise how much of an age gap there is between me and other posters - i'm 22! Can't remember first match - was quite young and have loads of memories of same style matches which all blur into one. Think i was there from the begining of the MAF era though and remember Sean Davis' draw or winning goal and the match Michael Jackson rocked up at the cottage!

JBH

Fulham v Macclesfield 1968 in FA Cup 3rd round, Fulham won 4 - 2, is the first game I really remember but I know that I went a couple of times before that.