more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bournemouth 'willing to sell' 28-year-old attacker

Bournemouth are 'willing to sell' Josh King this winter, according to a report by The Athletic.

The forward only has six months left on his contract with the Cherries and they will let him leave for the right price next month.

Premier League return?

King, who is 28 years old, nearly left in the last transfer window but stuck around for the first-half of this season. However, he has made just six appearances for Jason Tindall's men this season and could now be on his way.

Premier League duo Aston Villa and Fulham have been linked with him over recent times, as covered by The72.
Five years...

The Norway international joined Bournemouth in 2015 and has chipped in with in 50 goals in all competitions over the past five years.

He started his career in England at Manchester United and the Red Devils tried to bring him back to Old Trafford in January. The dream move back to the North West giants fell through and he remained at Bournemouth for their relegation from the top flight.

King made two appearances for United's first-team as a youngster and had also loan spells away at Preston North End, Borussia Monchengladbach, Hull City and Blackburn Rovers.

Blackburn made his move to Ewood Park permanent in 2013 and he scored eight goals in 74 matches for the Lancashire side before Bournemouth signed him in 2015.

King has been a good servant for the Cherries but his time there appears to be coming to an end with a January departure on the cards.

https://the72.co.uk/210369/bournemouth-willing-to-sell-28-year-old-attacker/

LC

https://mobile.twitter.com/TransferGaze/status/1343215479939325952

Some fairly embarrassing tweets from Transfergaze (about 60 followers) claiming a source close to Anguissa says both United and Tottenham are in for him and we would be willing to do a deal around £30m lol. They go on to say he was better last last season at Villarreal.

Obviously nonsense, but if we are to stay up I would expect the club to tie him down to a long term contract. When the Khans came in they also promised to keep our best players- to be fair to them they have successfully done this so far and it will be interesting to see if that continues. If we are to go down I would value him at around £35-40m.

Moltobueno

Anguissa is as good as Pogba, so if we're going to sell him (read: lose him), hopefully the price tag matches - around £60-70M I suppose?

I saw there was an interview with him few days ago, he seems happy here, hopefully meaning he's staying:
https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/december/A-Frank-Conversation/

Whitestone

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 28, 2020, 07:08:49 AM
Anguissa is as good as Pogba, so if we're going to sell him (read: lose him), hopefully the price tag matches - around £60-70M I suppose?

Frank is a top player but to say he's as good as Pogba is stretching it a bit. If he wants to achieve what Pogba's has he needs to add goals to his game.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Whitestone on December 28, 2020, 07:17:45 AM

Frank is a top player but to say he's as good as Pogba is stretching it a bit. If he wants to achieve what Pogba's has he needs to add goals to his game.

Pogba is an overrated overpaid lazy piece of sh*t,who shows no love for any of the clubs he has been at....Never known a player to get the hype he does,crafty money grabbing agent springs to mind,just like the one who got Seri on our books....They are very clever at what they do,by making themselves and some average players rich.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Whitestone on December 28, 2020, 07:17:45 AM

Hes been a lot better than Pogba this season.

Inmyday75

Quote from: MrFFC on December 25, 2020, 07:19:12 AM
I think Demarai Gray from Leicester to go RM would be a great addition personally
Agree 100%. This lad has it all in his locker, including goals too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riversider

Lyon are apparently having some financial issues, is there a chance that we could prise Toko Ekambi away from them ?
He got off to a sluggish start for them but is now scoring goals for fun,
Plenty of pace and likes to get in behind the back line , would certainly offer us something that we don't currently have.

hopper

Quote from: Riversider on December 28, 2020, 09:10:36 PM
Lyon are apparently having some financial issues, is there a chance that we could prise Toko Ekambi away from them ?
Plenty of pace and likes to get in behind the back line , would certainly offer us something that we don't currently have.

They're top of the league and he is a starter at the moment so can't see us taking any Lyon starters. Kadewere looks like the brightest of their forwards, after Memphis. Moussa Dembele isn't getting many minutes there these days, but isn't going to return here.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: hopper on December 28, 2020, 10:34:25 PM

They're top of the league and he is a starter at the moment so can't see us taking any Lyon starters. Kadewere looks like the brightest of their forwards, after Memphis. Moussa Dembele isn't getting many minutes there these days, but isn't going to return here.

Good take.

Personally, if we could get the work permit figured out I'd like us to look at Henry Onyekuru.

Like what he says...he's only featured in 4 Ligue A competitions this year for Monaco...and they aren't in a title fight at the moment.

Get him for a 5 month loan...

Thoughts?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Inmyday75 on December 28, 2020, 08:27:05 AM
I think Demarai Gray from Leicester to go RM would be a great addition personally

Goals in his locker? He's never scored more than four in a season in the prem. 132 premier League games & 10 goals.

Texas White

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 28, 2020, 10:50:33 PM
Quote from: Inmyday75 on December 28, 2020, 08:27:05 AM

Goals in his locker? He's never scored more than four in a season in the prem. 132 premier League games & 10 goals.

💥💥🧨.  We don't need any deadwood..  Need to be chopping some off.

AnOldBrownie

I agree that we should be looking at the French league for goal scorers that aren't associated with a top six side?   There are plenty strikers in the bottom half of that table, or backups on the top half of the table, that are better options at striker than Cav or RLC.   Plenty of pace in that league too.

Shout out to Michael Olunga playing in the Japanese league (which he is too good to be playing in)

Would be a good signing.

jayffc

Would absolutely love a return of Moussa Dembele. Never understood the polarisation around him and the view that he was any etc. Was a young player scoring frequently for us in a good partnership with Mcormack and has hoped he would stay. Couldn't care less that he left us for Celtic and all that drama around his contract. If hed come back I'd take him in a heartbeat. Until this season he was good for around 1 goal in every 2 matches and what we would give for his pace and strength up top. Would be an undoubted upgrade on Cav and perfect time to make a move if not getting game time. Hell get better options but stranger things have happened. Would be over the moon if we pulled that off.

Give em 25m and throw in Seri and MLM if they'll have em to test the waters. And hes still only 24 years of age....build a team with a spine of Areola, Joachim + tosin,anguissa + lemina & Lookman & Dembele....hell of a team we could have in that dream scenario going forward

Also

river phoenix

Cedric Bakambu on loan maybe? Has been profilic everywhere he played, Turkey, Villarreal and now in China.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: river phoenix on December 29, 2020, 09:17:37 AM
Cedric Bakambu on loan maybe? Has been profilic everywhere he played, Turkey, Villarreal and now in China.

That's an interesting shout. His wages would be quite high out in China I would imagine. Loan deal would be good.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Jim©

If I could pick one player to change our season (who we could probably get) I'd go for Danilo at Twente in Holland.
Looks like a proper prospect, he's only 22 I think, and scoring a goal every 1.5 games. Offer a decent loan fee, plus Fabri and Seri and a few more £s in the summer.
If we don't get him soon, he'll soon be a £25m + player.

river phoenix

Quote from: Jim© on December 29, 2020, 12:54:33 PM
If I could pick one player to change our season (who we could probably get) I'd go for Danilo at Twente in Holland.
Looks like a proper prospect, he's only 22 I think, and scoring a goal every 1.5 games. Offer a decent loan fee, plus Fabri and Seri and a few more £s in the summer.

Owned by Ajax, on loan at Twente.

Jim©

Quote from: river phoenix on December 29, 2020, 01:50:39 PM
Quote from: Jim© on December 29, 2020, 12:54:33 PM

Owned by Ajax, on loan at Twente.

Ah, may scupper that then. Bugger.
Only other I'd say looks worth a punt would be Dia from Rennes- bit like AK, just something about him that'd scare defenses.

Brian McGroom

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on December 29, 2020, 12:42:23 PM
Quote from: river phoenix on December 29, 2020, 09:17:37 AM

That's an interesting shout. His wages would be quite high out in China I would imagine. Loan deal would be good.
I've read somewhere that they're introducing a wage cap in China very soon