watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

I guess everyone is already on the mulled wine ayyy.

Dele Ali is absolutely better than what we currently have. There have been many many cases where top class players have massively underperformed under Jose, Ali is obviously one of them. He would never join us anyway, but if we were able to secure him on loan then we should absolutely go for it.

One Tottenham player I would love at Fulham is Harry Winks. If we could swap RLC for him then I absolutely would- Winks might even join permanent under the right conditions. Btw, I still think RLC will come good.

Our first priority this window is a striker and the club must deliver.

LC

Quote from: Andyb on December 23, 2020, 04:16:18 PM
Make a hugely ambitious move for adama traore, not starting for wolves...

Would be an awesome signing

BestOfBrede

Quote from: LC on December 23, 2020, 08:22:46 PM

No different to Kamara - very quick but no real end product

Statto

Apparently Leeds are looking at Traore. Their DoF worked with him at Middlesbrough. Perhaps we can exploit our own DoF's connections in the same way, with a cheeky bid for Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: LC on December 23, 2020, 08:22:13 PM

Dele Ali is absolutely better than what we currently have. There have been many many cases where top class players have massively underperformed under Jose, Ali is obviously one of them. He would never join us anyway, but if we were able to secure him on loan then we should absolutely go for it.

One Tottenham player I would love at Fulham is Harry Winks. If we could swap RLC for him then I absolutely would- Winks might even join permanent under the right conditions. Btw, I still think RLC will come good.

Winks plays Anguissa's position, so it's a no from me. Yes to Alli but that won't happen.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Statto on December 23, 2020, 10:29:21 PM
Apparently Leeds are looking at Traore. Their DoF worked with him at Middlesbrough. Perhaps we can exploit our own DoF's connections in the same way, with a cheeky bid for Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

😀😀.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: JEEVES on December 23, 2020, 12:36:20 AM
Quote from: LC on December 23, 2020, 12:02:32 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 22, 2020, 11:34:21 PM
Quote from: sarnian on December 22, 2020, 11:04:49 PM
King's 6 goals last season in the premiership isn't very prolific. Is he really what we need.

Josh King will cost a lot of money for one player, we need to decide if we should instead spend the money on four or five championship players instead (like Jed Wallace), that we could need next year.

His contract expires in the summer and he's not playing for Bournemouth at the moment- he won't cost a lot at all. Probably up to £5m maximum, although I would start by offering a lot less.

My list of forwards would be:

Joshua King
Danilo (FC Twente)
Paco Alcácer
Kasper Dolberg
Ivan Toney

I have tried to give a real mixture on the list above. I personally think under the right circumstances we could bring any of them to the club.

But why even suggest Ivan Toney? It's even more unlikely than the people who kept calling for us to sign Benrahma and Watkins after the playoff final. Brentford will NEVER sell us a good player. Their board simply won't do it out of respect for their fans. Only player I've seen come to us in my lifetime is David button and clearly they all had a laugh when that transfer went through. Missed the boat on Toney, should have gone for him before he put pen to paper with brentford. He literally just signed for them he's not goin anywhere.
Without looking it up, the last half decent player we got from Brentford was Kelly Hague.
No doubt posters will recall others?

LC

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on December 23, 2020, 10:51:30 PM

Winks plays Anguissa's position, so it's a no from me. Yes to Alli but that won't happen.

They are completely different players. Nothing remotely similar.

To put a old Fulham spin on it- Anguissa plays the Moussa Dembele mrk1 type role, and Winks plays in the Danny Murphy role. To this day we never replaced Murphy and that has been a huge mistake.

LC

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 23, 2020, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: LC on December 23, 2020, 08:22:46 PM

No different to Kamara - very quick but no real end product

Have you seen Adama Traore play?

He is at least 3 times the player Kamara is. Last season he was valued above £50m..

Finnans Right Peg

Wouldn't take deli alli .Not because he doesn't  have ability but beacuse I think he has a bad attitude and when your fighting to stay in the league we do not need players who will only play when the feel like it

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: LC on December 24, 2020, 02:55:10 AM

To put a old Fulham spin on it- Anguissa plays the Moussa Dembele mrk1 type role, and Winks plays in the Danny Murphy role. To this day we never replaced Murphy and that has been a huge mistake.

That's a decent comparison. In any case he's not an attacking midfielder.

filham

Lots of speculation on who we would like to see joining us but no strong rumours. Lets hope we have something lined up and TK is just playing his cards close to his chest. He must be aware that one new striker could make the difference between relegation and survival.

bencher

If we're going back through Fulham players that haven't been replaced, can we first have a replacement for Johnny Haynes, and then one for Alan Mullery? etc etc

In our current squad, then Cairney when played in the deeper role is the closest we have to the Murphy type midfielder. Not as effective, not his best position either, but the nearest comparison.

LC

Quote from: bencher on December 24, 2020, 12:22:05 PM

If we're going back through Fulham players that haven't been replaced, can we first have a replacement for Johnny Haynes, and then one for Alan Mullery? etc etc

In our current squad, then Cairney when played in the deeper role is the closest we have to the Murphy type midfielder. Not as effective, not his best position either, but the nearest comparison.

Well in fairness you I hear it's a little tricky to replace one of the greatest passers of the ball in the history of the game- The Maestro

LC

Quote from: filham on December 24, 2020, 10:10:12 AM
Lots of speculation on who we would like to see joining us but no strong rumours. Lets hope we have something lined up and TK is just playing his cards close to his chest. He must be aware that one new striker could make the difference between relegation and survival.

No really unusual for us though- since the Khans came in the rumours have always been wrong anyway. I actually prefer it that way to be honest.

As long as we get a half decent striker I am happy. I think our squad is good enough to stay up if w whet that striker in

MrFFC

I think Demarai Gray from Leicester to go RM would be a great addition personally
Come on you Whites!! :)

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: MrFFC on December 25, 2020, 07:19:12 AM
I think Demarai Gray from Leicester to go RM would be a great addition personally

He's in the last 6 months of his Deal too

jayffc

Quote from: MrFFC on December 25, 2020, 07:19:12 AM

Sadly he's left winger by trade who's played very occasionally on the right, so would be an inverted winger and outside his natural position if he were to be played at RW.

That said we were definitely linked with him years ago and I'd bring him in in case were unable to permanently sign Lookman at a decent price and cant be much worse than Cav out there. Him + Origi would be nice please thank you Santa

Finnans Right Peg

Really don't  see what Origi brings to the table he his living off a couple of goals he scored as sub that's it .I would rather go Sturridge on a free and demari grey or josh king

filham

Quote from: LC on December 24, 2020, 05:22:43 PM
Quote from: bencher on December 24, 2020, 12:22:05 PM

Well in fairness you I hear it's a little tricky to replace one of the greatest passers of the ball in the history of the game- The Maestro
Lets stop dreaming and clear this one up:-
Haynes---------- Irreplaceable
Mullery------------Once in a hundred years perhaps