watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

The person I would like most from Brentford is their head of recruiting.

JimOG

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 30, 2020, 08:14:51 PM
Quote from: JimOG on December 30, 2020, 07:58:19 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on December 30, 2020, 07:13:11 PM
Quote from: sarnian on December 30, 2020, 07:10:57 PM
Josh King has just come on for Bournemouth after being out for weeks with a back injury. Looks quite sharp but is he too injury prone to try and buy in the transfer window.

See, I know people banged the drum about Toney before but we really could use a striker like him. Quick, strong, hard working....haven't seen much of him but really impressed tonight. I'd be Toney>King if a transfer was possible.

Edit, after the game, I thought he was brilliant. Good touch, smart decision making, absolutely working hard as a team player....

Toney or King?   What about bidding for Solanke instead?

Toney. Was very impressed.

Yes whereas King's injuries this year plus the fact that he scored 6 in 27 games last year hardly make him prolific. Playing off Mitro in a Championship 4-4-2 he might be terrific but, as you say, we need someone quick and likely to find the net more often

mrmicawbers

They wouldn't sell Toney to us but that shouldn't stop us from trying to buy him just to upset their promotion push.lol

sunburywhite

Arteta is saying he needs to offload some players in Jauary

Anyone there who might suit us?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

JimOG

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 31, 2020, 03:03:26 PM

As they're in the relegation zone with us I doubt it  :003:- we really need to be ambitious after what has been a very good summer recruitment. Just read BBC website and this name popped up ARKADIUSZ MILIK. Very good scoring rate in a famously defensive Serie A

Denver Fulham

Quote from: JimOG on December 31, 2020, 04:52:11 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on December 31, 2020, 03:03:26 PM

As they're in the relegation zone with us I doubt it  :003:- we really need to be ambitious after what has been a very good summer recruitment. Just read BBC website and this name popped up ARKADIUSZ MILIK. Very good scoring rate in a famously defensive Serie A

Decent striker we were linked to in the fall, and reportedly wasn't interested in us. Subsequently was left off Napoli's active roster (perhaps as retaliation for his declining to sign a new contract with them) and hasn't played this season. Not sure he'll be ready to fire goals in for us, even if we could convince him and win out over other teams.

river phoenix

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 31, 2020, 12:07:42 PM
Josh King (Bournemouth) is a good shout because of how little time he has on his current contract, and the fact he's not playing. Bournemouth will be happy to lose the wages, and we can pick up a player with Prem experience at a decent price.

Morelos (Rangers) is another name to throw into the ring: hasn't been in great form this season, but isn't playing in Scotland and is the right type of player to lead our line (pacey, two-footed and doggedly closes down opposition). Given his form, Rangers might be willing to let him leave on loan with an option to buy - that'd be a win/win for all parties because, if he finds his form, Rangers can recoup a fee that he currently wouldn't be worth.

Finally, FWIW, I think Demari Gray (Leicester) and/or Bright Samuel (QPR) are decent shouts too: they can both play on either wing, are pacey and would add some much needed competition to the front line. They're also both certainly available and, like Josh King, only have six months left on their current deals (so wouldn't command a hefty fee).

That's four players that'd massively improve our squad on the cheap and, I think, would be enough to ensure survival this year.

Bright Osayi-Samuel would be a bargain in Tosin/Robinson mould. Young, pacey and skillful and his natural position is our problematic right wing. His contract runs out in July so we can buy him for like 2/3 mil.

AnOldBrownie

We can't loan anyone from an EPL squad correct?

So...if it's a loan it's another league only.  Championship, La Liga, Ligue 1, Super Liga, Serie A...

We need to offload a lot of players already so I doubt we straight purchase an attacking player. 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: river phoenix on December 31, 2020, 06:40:00 PM

Bright Osayi-Samuel would be a bargain in Tosin/Robinson mould. Young, pacey and skillful and his natural position is our problematic right wing. His contract runs out in July so we can buy him for like 2/3 mil.

Excellent suggestion.   At that price he'd be good addition.  We'd still need to get a backup striker that's better than AK47...but if we got Samuel I can see him being similar to Lookman...except on our right side.   

Quote from: LC on December 31, 2020, 08:26:31 PM
We don't need a backup striker, we need a starting striker. We only have 1 striker in Mitrovic and he's not in form and we cannot gamble the future of the club on him finding form in the second half of the season. A starting striker is an absolute must

We don't disagree.  Maybe I should have said...

"We need to get the best striker we can get"   Better?

LC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 31, 2020, 07:54:05 PM
Quote from: river phoenix on December 31, 2020, 06:40:00 PM

Excellent suggestion.   At that price he'd be good addition.  We'd still need to get a backup striker that's better than AK47...but if we got Samuel I can see him being similar to Lookman...except on our right side.   

We don't need a backup striker, we need a starting striker. We only have 1 striker in Mitrovic and he's not in form and we cannot gamble the future of the club on him finding form in the second half of the season. A starting striker is an absolute must

WestSussexWhite

We can't have any domestic loans at all, any new loans must be from abroad

spikey norman

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on December 31, 2020, 09:21:08 PM
What if we made Lemina permanent?
Does that change things regarding signing another domestic loan?

fulhamben

Quote from: spikey norman on December 31, 2020, 09:25:33 PM
im sure it does. But would he want to sign. Surely better for him to see it out and see if we stay up.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LC

Quote from: spikey norman on December 31, 2020, 09:25:33 PM

I think this is exactly what will happen and I think it will be a very good piece of business and will allow us to bring in another loan player

fulhamben

well I knew we couldn't get prem loans, but is anyone bothered that we can't loan second, third or fourth division players.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WestSussexWhite

I'm not convinced Lemina will sign until he knows what division we will ply in next season

gang

Window open, have we signed anyone yet? Come on Tony. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

LC

Quote from: gang on January 01, 2021, 12:15:53 AM

Waiting for the TK out posts.. hahahahaa

Jeroen

Quote from: LC on January 01, 2021, 04:14:50 AM
Quote from: gang on January 01, 2021, 12:15:53 AM

Waiting for the TK out posts.. hahahahaa

Not going on the Tony out bandwagon as I think he is doing al alright job, but in all fairness we need to have a new striker ready to go on the 26th for our matches to Brighton & West Brom - lose those and only sign a striker on the 31st it will need to be Messi to be able to keep us up 😂
(Or ons Mitro needs to be on fire by that point)

Hoppus

Babel posting a picture of him and Scott Parker on Instagram.