watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

I wanted us to sign Gayle the year we got regulated from the PL as I thought he would be great in the championship and I thought he would do a job in the PL. I still think he can do a job in the PL.

If we can get him I would. He's probably one that might stay with us if we go down this year as well- I don't think we will go down but you need to consider these things

fulhamben

Quote from: jeffc4golf on January 05, 2021, 04:05:11 PM
Is he any better than we already got in my opinion his not we're always linked with this guy plus his a sick note
is he any better than cav? yes, yes he is
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Somerset Fulham

Statto

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on January 05, 2021, 02:21:11 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on January 05, 2021, 02:04:29 PM
Gayle would be a good fit, but I'd be surprised if Toon wanted to strengthen us right now. It wouldn't take much for them to be pulled into the scrap...

Only has 6 months left on his deal, and, has been itching to move back down south for a while. If Newcastle don't sell now, they risk him moving on in the summer for nothing. We'd get him relatively cheap, and, if we stay up, Newcastle would get more money.

I actually see this move making more sense this time around, and more likely to come off.

Agree

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: fulhamben on January 05, 2021, 04:10:23 PM
Is he any better than we already got in my opinion his not we're always linked with this guy plus his a sick note
Plus if we do happen to get relegated he'll be useful

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

fulhamben

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 05, 2021, 04:56:39 PM

yes good point. id imagine he would be pretty cheap so a bit of a no brainer really. question is whether newcastle want to sell. are they that desperate for a couple of million that they would weaken themselves when they look so poor anyway

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on January 05, 2021, 05:01:02 PM
Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 05, 2021, 04:56:39 PM

yes good point. id imagine he would be pretty cheap so a bit of a no brainer really. question is whether newcastle want to sell. are they that desperate for a couple of million that they would weaken themselves when they look so poor anyway
Maybe we should offer Mitro in exchange.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

sarnian

Gayle is very injury prone. Since 2013 he has averaged about 22 games per season which is not over impressive.

fulhamben

Quote from: sarnian on January 05, 2021, 06:00:40 PM
Gayle is very injury prone. Since 2013 he has averaged about 22 games per season which is not over impressive.
we have 23 games left, so if he can manage 22, then that would be brilliant. hell if he only plays one game but scores the winner then we are in a better place.

rebel

Quote from: sarnian on January 05, 2021, 06:00:40 PM

I agree, we have a habit of buying injury proned players, how often has it worked out for us?

Mirtoglou as an example. On paper the maths might add up, but in reality we might be shooting ourselves in the foot at the wrong time.

FFC1987

I'd be a bit deflated if we brought in Gayle to be honest. I don't really get why people think he's that good to be honest. Every time I've seen him play he's been luke warm at best. If he comes in and scores goals, great, but even with injury, he tends to float in and out of teams he plays for.

Arthur

I hope the Club isn't waiting for a striker who meets with the consensus of opinion because we'll never sign anyone.

FFC1987

Texas White

If he wants to play for us it would be yes from me. I think he has a point to prove.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 05, 2021, 02:32:20 PM
It doesn't matter about plague, pestilence, riots, hurricanes , holes in the ozone layer, invaders from Mars. We always can be assured that the annual Dwight Gayle rumour will soon be coming is never far away. The first thing this season that has felt like normality.

Pretty much.  And if Newcastle don't want him I don't want him either.

It's great to think about "what if" scenarios...and maybe if we go back down Gayle could help us.

We aren't scoring enough goals this season.   Dwight Gayle isn't getting minutes for a Newcastle side that on current form are worse than Fulham.    Does anyone know why he logged so scored so few goals in the 19/20 season?   He excelled post lockdown, but why hasn't he scored more?  Played more minutes?

I definitely worry about him fitting in our side and expecting him to play 80+ minutes for the next 22 games.   

LC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 05, 2021, 09:27:00 PM
It doesn't matter about plague, pestilence, riots, hurricanes , holes in the ozone layer, invaders from Mars. We always can be assured that the annual Dwight Gayle rumour will soon be coming is never far away. The first thing this season that has felt like normality.

Newcastle didn't want Mitrovic either and he's been our best player year in year out, bar this season, since he joined.

I would rather have Gayle than no one at all, but I think we can do better this window. Gayle is better than than Cav and he would suit our currently formation and style

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: LC on January 05, 2021, 09:29:51 PM

Newcastle didn't want Mitrovic either and he's been our best player year in year out, bar this season, since he joined.

I would rather have Gayle than no one at all, but I think we can do better this window. Gayle is better than than Cav and he would suit our currently formation and style

Only if he can stay on the pitch as long, and work as hard while he's out there.    Is he a better finisher than Cav?  I'd say absolutely. 

Mitrovic...at Premier League level, where we are now and strive to stay, has NOT been our best player.  He wasn't the year we got relegated and he's not now.   And apparently that's why he was sold by Newcastle.

It's not a dig a Mitro.  I'm just saying we need to think bigger than using a spot on Dwight Gayle if Fulham are indeed a Premier League side.

fulhamben

Quote from: LC on January 05, 2021, 09:29:51 PM

they didn't want Damian duff or Louis Saha either.

Bassey the warrior

If we are at the end of the month and not signed anyone I'd put in a bid but otherwise no. Too injury prone and at 31 his fitness will only get worse.

Nero

Arsenal apparently looking to sell Eddie Nketiah young English and resale value should tick most of Tonys boxes