Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 06, 2021, 07:44:14 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 06, 2021, 07:13:15 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 06, 2021, 06:43:35 PM
Not saying it's right but would a stockpile and loan work for us ala Chelsea benefit us?

What is a stockpile and loan?   What player/s?
Going on Chelsea's model you buy all and sundry with potential and loan them out.Chelsea currently have 28 players out on loan.
Not saying it's right but would a stockpile and loan work for us ala Chelsea benefit us?

Going on Chelsea's model you buy all and sundry with potential and loan them out.Chelsea currently have 28 players out on loan.

The FFP workaround

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 06, 2021, 11:30:35 PM

The FFP workaround

Although the key to Chelsea's model is that "Young Players sign long contracts on wages less than they can be loaned out for". For example, Fikayo Tomori agreed to £750,000 per year at Chelsea, so it's easy for them to pay him and loan him out at £2m+ per year which gives them a big profit. I really doubt that Fulham could get such players to sign at such low wages.

rebel

Clearly will be more leavers then arrivals (Good luck to the guys that move on) - Please add rumors to the thread

IN's

Gayle - Newcastle - papertalk (it's been suggested for many years)

OUT's

MacDonald
Johansen
Seri 
Kamara
Ream
Le Marchand

JoeS

We have also been linked to Ozan Tufan from Fenerbache (along with a few other Prem clubs), holding midfielder

filham

Quote from: JoeS on January 07, 2021, 10:34:56 AM
We have also been linked to Ozan Tufan from Fenerbache (along with a few other Prem clubs), holding midfielder
But we have Anguissa and Reed. leave well alone ad concentrate on that striker.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: JoeS on January 07, 2021, 10:34:56 AM

Very versatile player, mainly played AM this season. Don't know how good he is, as its hard to compared Turkish league and the PL, but looks like a player that could play RWB, CM and RW in our current setup.

I would be happy with a loan and an option to buy, but doubt that will happen.

rebel

Clearly will be more leavers then arrivals (Good luck to the guys that move on) - Please add rumors to the thread

IN's

Gayle - Newcastle - papertalk (it's been suggested for many years)
Tufan - Fenerbache (we have quite a bit of depth in midfield)
Babel - Galatasaray (I've started this rumor - just makes sense at this moment - we need someone who can finish)

OUT's

MacDonald
Johansen
Seri
Kamara
Ream
Le Marchand

FFC In Oz

sunburywhite

Konstantinos Mitroglou out of contract Jun 30th 2021
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Denzil Dexter

We bought anyone yet?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Bracken White

Unsure if reported here but there's a hint we may be interested in Siriki Dembele, from Peterborough. 24 yoa; ball playing winger/striker who is not afraid to go at defenders. If Ivan Toney is any yardstick ... then could be worth pursuing.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on January 07, 2021, 06:31:54 PM
We bought anyone yet?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Nope...and like every other window I've watched the past 3 season, we won't know who it is until TK and Scott Parker pull the name/s out of left field.

I'm pretty much sure it won't be Dwight Gayle, and it won't be a holding mid.  But I could be wrong.

AnOldBrownie

Wow...Ryan Babel lost 26 lbs due to catching Covid in November.

Well, he's off my list of wants.   Wanted him prior to the season starting, but we need to bring in an in form player that can contribute NOW.   (Same reason I don't want Gayle)

Definitely want a player that can have a similar impact to what Ryan Babel gave us two seasons ago though.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 07, 2021, 09:17:07 PM

Well, he's off my list of wants.   Wanted him prior to the season starting, but we need to bring in an in form player that can contribute NOW.   (Same reason I don't want Gayle)

Definitely want a player that can have a similar impact to what Ryan Babel gave us two seasons ago though.

Sad, Ryan Babel caught Covid-19 in November and it seems like his career is now basically over at least he won't play at an elite level for 90 minutes for many more games. We could lose a player too.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 07, 2021, 09:32:32 PM

Sad, Ryan Babel caught Covid-19 in November and it seems like his career is now basically over at least he won't play at an elite level for 90 minutes for many more games. We could lose a player too.

Lol. According to his own Instagram he was back in training on 3 December, so two weeks after getting the virus. Transfermarkt (and this article, somewhat confusingly) attributes his absence for a further few weeks to a back problem. In any case he's now back in team, having come off the bench in their last fixture. The headline claiming he lost two stone is patently BS since that is basically impossible in that timeframe unless you are dead. Why do people so readily swallow this rubbish?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on January 07, 2021, 10:02:05 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 07, 2021, 09:32:32 PM

Lol. According to his own Instagram he was back in training on 3 December, so two weeks after getting the virus. Transfermarkt (and this article, somewhat confusingly) attributes his absence for a further few weeks to a back problem. In any case he's now back in team, having come off the bench in their last fixture. The headline claiming he lost two stone is patently BS since that is basically impossible in that timeframe unless you are dead. Why do people so readily swallow this rubbish?

Well...if you can't believe articles on the internet...who can you believe?   And I think you know I've been in Ryan's camp...since before the season started.  I just read that particular article today.

Thanks.   Would swap Ryan for Seri every day of the week...but even I am concerned that he can play full 80 minute matches after not starting one game for Galatasaray this season.

Love Ryan Babel though.

Statto

@AOB

I wasn't having a dig at you, and agree with your point that he may not be 100% still, and that's what we need

I just didnt agree with the subsequent, slightly ridiculous comment that his career is over because he caught Covid-19

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on January 07, 2021, 10:47:06 PM
@AOB

I wasn't having a dig at you, and agree with your point that he may not be 100% still, and that's what we need

I just didnt agree with the subsequent, slightly ridiculous comment that his career is over because he caught Covid-19

If it's true (it may not be) that Ryan Babel lost 13 kgs at 34 years old, then it's likely he would be unable to regain fitness good enough to start at Fulham ever, which means his career is over in my eyes. Andre Schurrle lost 7 kgs from salmonella at 24 years old, an illness that typically lasts a few weeks and never really recovered his muscle mass. "Elite athletes" that catch covid-19 will still be top athletes after covid-19 but many will no longer be elite, look at how KMac lost his fitness from May 2018 to August 2019 without an illiness. Frankly, elite fitness/speed/strength can be the difference between a good League One player and a Premier League squad player (e.g. Kamara).

Slaphead in Qatar

rebel

Ryan Babel is still in Holland's plans, go figure. 34 years old, had Covid etc. He was one of the 2 bright spots from the 2018 season. If we can get him, it's a win / win, he lifted the whole team through his performances, but by his enthusiasm.