more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2020/21

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 20, 2020, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Quote from: Jules on January 25, 2021, 03:49:45 PM
https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-expects-at-least-two-departures-at-fulham-and-possibly-no-arrivals

I hope this isn't true!!!

He doesnt comment anywhere in there that we're not signing anyone, just that he doesn't know whats going to happen and will continue to work with the players he has. Nothing new there.
Would be a big risk not bringing anyone in, and would love for someone to come in now, but we have enough quality to win the next 2 in my opinion so it's over to the team to get the job done and see what we've managed come the end of the month.
Keeping calm until the 31st for the time being and will be very frustrated if we fail to bring in any reinforcements.

Riversider

Has this been reported on here, were apparently in for Peterborough winger Siriki Dembele.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

junior white

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 25, 2021, 04:40:22 PM
Source please?
There has been several stories/rumours about this. Just search Sirkiri Dembele Fulham and they all pop up. None from particularly reliable sources from what I have seen. Cant find it now but read somewhere earlier Celtic are interested (his brother is there) but us, Forest and another prem team were readying bids.

deadcowboys

Quote from: Riversider on January 25, 2021, 04:30:57 PM
Has this been reported on here, were apparently in for Peterborough winger Siriki Dembele.

Think that surfaced last close season if not before.

Tooting legend

Fulham 'readying bid for Dembele'
Fulham are among a number of clubs preparing an offer for in-demand Peterborough forward Siriki Dembele, according to reports this afternoon.

Football Insider claims that the Whites, Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest are all keen on signing the 24-year-old, who submitted a transfer request earlier this month. Dembele, who can operate as a conventional striker or on either wing, has scored six goals in twenty appearances for the League One side this season and has been a longstanding Fulham target.

Celtic are also keen on reuniting Dembele

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 25, 2021, 04:56:23 PM
Fulham 'readying bid for Dembele'
Fulham are among a number of clubs preparing an offer for in-demand Peterborough forward Siriki Dembele, according to reports this afternoon.

Football Insider claims that the Whites, Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest are all keen on signing the 24-year-old, who submitted a transfer request earlier this month. Dembele, who can operate as a conventional striker or on either wing, has scored six goals in twenty appearances for the League One side this season and has been a longstanding Fulham target.

Celtic are also keen on reuniting Dembele

Just gearing up for the championship then.

sunburywhite

Peterborough United star Siriki Dembele has been watched five times by Premier League side Fulham, the Peterborough Telegraph can reveal.
By Alan Swann
Monday, 25th January 2021, 4:02 pm

But the Londoners won't be submitting a bid in the January transfer window, according to Posh director of football Barry Fry.

Fulham chief scout Brian Talbot was at Portman Road to watch Dembele in action against Ipswich on Saturday. He messaged Fry after the game which Posh won 1-0.

Fry said: "Fulham have watched Siriki five times. Brian was at the game on Saturday and he sent me a message after the game to say they wouldn't be making an offer during the current transfer window.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

deadcowboys

If ya not bidding why say anything? Could just be Barry being Barry of course.

davew

Anybody with a surname of Dembele or Kamara are usually great players! There are a few exceptions though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on January 25, 2021, 06:24:19 PM
Anybody with a surname of Dembele or Kamara are usually great players! There are a few exceptions though!

Tut tut..😉

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Jeroen on January 24, 2021, 01:23:44 PM
Any idea how much the compensation would be? Could help us with our FFP - on that note, and I know it's a dead horse..... what about our Liverpool compensation - if it is around 8-10M than this actually has a massive impact on our current transfer window and FFP.

Does compensation still occur since he has been out of contract for so long? Over 6 months, correct?

Deeping_white

Quote from: WolverineFFC on January 25, 2021, 10:55:35 PM
Any idea how much the compensation would be? Could help us with our FFP - on that note, and I know it's a dead horse..... what about our Liverpool compensation - if it is around 8-10M than this actually has a massive impact on our current transfer window and FFP.

Does compensation still occur since he has been out of contract for so long? Over 6 months, correct?

Yep it's a development fee as he's an academy product, it'll be peanuts as MK Dons aren't really minted, but it'll be something.

cmg

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 25, 2021, 10:59:34 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on January 25, 2021, 10:55:35 PM

Yep it's a development fee as he's an academy product, it'll be peanuts as MK Dons aren't really minted, but it'll be something.

According to the Club website the compensation package has already been agreed.
As has been said the initial sum involved would be peanuts; his current vaue is pretty low. But there might well be a percentage of any future transfer fee.

This might well, of course, amount to more peanuts, but I have just been reading about Frenkie de Jong's initial move from Willem II to Ajax for a derisory €1, which naturally upset the fans. However when Ajax sold him to Barca, Willem II copped for €8million, which made them feel a bit better.

Arthur