News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Prediction - our final points total this season?

Started by davew, December 27, 2020, 11:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Summary of Forum Members Views on our points total this season

23 or less
2 (2.4%)
24 to 28
7 (8.5%)
29 to 32
20 (24.4%)
33 to 36
43 (52.4%)
37 or more
10 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: WokingFFC on December 27, 2020, 12:10:38 PM
43 points and clear of relegation by 7 points

Only if Tony improves the squad like he did the defenders, but gets things sorted as soon as the window opens this time.

Denver Fulham

We have 10 points from our last 9 matches despite our lack of firepower, and it easily could be 4-5 more without dubious officiating. We've only conceded 13 goals in our last 12 matches. That kind of record gives you a great chance to stay up.

That said, we're really exposed if we lose Anguissa, Anderson or even Areola to any kind of injury. And we need a quality pacy attacker badly.

If things stay the same? I could see 32-36 points. Maybe we barely survive. With 1-2 strategic adds and a bit better luck, I think we stay up. 

Twig

Quote from: Statto on December 27, 2020, 07:11:33 PM
Projection based on season so far... 28 pts
Based on form over last 11 games... 34 pts
Based on last 6 games... 38 pts

So yes mid-twenties (ie 24-26 pts) is very pessimistic. It assumes that we haven't improved at all since the start of the season, and that we've actually got slightly worse. In other words, it assumes Anderson, Tosin, Areola, Anguissa, Lookman et al haven't improved us. Which to me seems absurd but hey ho

Exactly Statto, you've illustrated the point more convincingly than I did.

MJG

So yes mid-twenties (ie 24-26 pts) is very pessimistic. It assumes that we haven't improved at all since the start of the season, and that we've actually got slightly worse. In other words, it assumes Anderson, Tosin, Areola, Anguissa, Lookman et al haven't improved us. Which to me seems absurd but hey ho
Agree with all that. If someone thinks we are only going to get 24 points then that kind of form over the last 15 games would have given us only 8 points. We may not be great or even good, but we are not at this time the 2nd worst team in the league and unlikly to be for the rest of the season.
Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2020, 10:36:47 AM

Agree with all that. If someone thinks we are only going to get 24 points then that kind of form over the last 15 games would have given us only 8 points. We may not be great or even good, but we are not at this time the 2nd worst team in the league and unlikly to be for the rest of the season.
9.5 actually. So one and a half points difference. Not much is it, and the gap will close further if spurs beat us. And it will be bang on the money if Burnley do what they always do and beat us at turf moor.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

If we don´t get any points from the next 4 games or even 1 point, what would be your predictions then based on current form?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on December 28, 2020, 01:26:37 PM

If we don´t get any points from the next 4 games or even 1 point, what would be your predictions then based on current form?
if we lose to spurs or draw then our 6 game rolling form is well under a point a game and relegation form

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 28, 2020, 12:04:08 PM

9.5 actually. So one and a half points difference. Not much is it, and the gap will close further if spurs beat us. And it will be bang on the money if Burnley do what they always do and beat us at turf moor.
How do you get 9.5?

MJG

Quote from: davew on December 28, 2020, 01:26:37 PM

We would be on 11 from 19 and taking in to account who we will have played id have us at 29/30 to end the season at that stage which would then start to go back up as long as we get the results we need in those must win games. Have to take the long vew at times. Currently all on a knife edge.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2020, 01:42:38 PM

How do you get 9.5?

24 dived by 38 times 15, equals 9.5.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 28, 2020, 01:49:14 PM

How do you get 9.5?

24 dives by 38 times 15
Thats overall, thats not as I explained based on form/results over last 23 games. We would have to be as bad as WBA have been for the rest of the season to be on 24.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2020, 01:52:20 PM

How do you get 9.5?

24 dives by 38 times 15
Thats overall, thats not as I explained based on form/results over last 23 games. We would have to be as bad as WBA have been for the rest of the season to be on 24.
thats not how I read it, you said that kind of form would have only yielded 8 points from the first 15. It wouldn't, 9.5 would be the points based on a 24 point season up till now. And we aren't far off that.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 28, 2020, 01:54:14 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2020, 01:52:20 PM

How do you get 9.5?

24 dives by 38 times 15
thats not how I read it, you said that kind of form would have only yielded 8 points from the first 15. It wouldn't, 9.5 would be the points based on a 24 point season up till now. And we aren't far off that.
I cant spell it out to you anymore than I put in the graphic. Im not talking fuill season form to get 24. Just how we get there from where we are now.

fulhamben

And even if you take our current 5 game form that only takes us to 28 points. As it stands we have to match Everton's 12 place form from last year to make it to the magical 40 point mark. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. But we need wins ASAP.

fulhamben

I'm going off this quote " Agree with all that. If someone thinks we are only going to get 24 points then that kind of form over the last 15 games would have given us only 8 points."

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 28, 2020, 02:00:47 PM
And even if you take our current 5 game form that only takes us to 28 points. As it stands we have to match Everton's 12 place form from last year to make it to the magical 40 point mark. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. But we need wins ASAP.
we won't need 40, id bite anyones hand off for 36, maybe 35

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 28, 2020, 02:02:22 PM
I'm going off this quote " Agree with all that. If someone thinks we are only going to get 24 points then that kind of form over the last 15 games would have given us only 8 points."
maybe I should have said, that kind of form over the last 23 games .....'

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2020, 02:03:56 PM
lets hope not mike as I don't see us getting anywhere near that. Especially when the team above us Burnley, are currently going At 8 points from their last 5 at 1.6 a game and would be projected to get 49 points if there form stayed the same.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2020, 02:04:37 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 28, 2020, 02:02:22 PM
maybe I should have said, that kind of form over the last 23 games .....'
probably just me being pedantic. No matter how I look at it, I can't see past our current form, form so far, or current tactics resulting in anything over than relegation.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 28, 2020, 02:08:09 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 28, 2020, 02:03:56 PM
lets hope not mike as I don't see us getting anywhere near that. Especially when the team above us Burnley, are currently going At 8 points from their last 5 at 1.6 a game and would be projected to get 49 points if there form stayed the same.
nope, I dont see us on 40 at all. We could with a good wind get to 38 but that would be exceptional. I'm trying to be optimistic and say we can just squeak it, but I'm banking on two wins at the end of January.  Without those I dont think we stay up.