watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosh Chamberlain RIP

Started by f321ffc, January 10, 2021, 11:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Sincere condolences to Tosh's family and friends.

Tosh made me laugh and cry, often at the same time, and he never once let me down as the character and hero I could try to emulate when I first played football for real.  He made Fulham FC and Craven Cottage so very special to me in my early years.

RIP.

The Equalizer

Very sad news. My dad played football with him a few times in the 60s for the H&F Mayor's 11 vs the Council staff 11. He said he was a lovely man and he could really kick a ball.

RIP Tosh.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Fernhurst

What a loss to The Fulham family, really made me sad when I received the news.
God bless you Tosh and sincere condolences to your family.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Twig

Very sad news. Tosh was one of my first Fulham heroes and one of my early memories was the 1958 cup run in which he featured.

sunburywhite

Such sad news, such a character

I remeber watching him in the 60's, never one to hold back on whatever he was doing. Often sent the Maesrto into fits of anger

For those who have never seen it here is a lovely clip of Callaghan Cohen and Tosh (when he turns up) talking about Haynes

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/october/18/forever-teammates
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

JimOG

Quote from: toshes mate on January 10, 2021, 12:47:17 PM
Sincere condolences to Tosh's family and friends.

Tosh made me laugh and cry, often at the same time, and he never once let me down as the character and hero I could try to emulate when I first played football for real.  He made Fulham FC and Craven Cottage so very special to me in my early years.

RIP.

Well said - he really was a great character. My mum asked for his autograph one morning in the bank that used to be outside Lewis Trust Estate. I was about 14 and cringed...but he was so genuinely taken aback to be asked and so nice to my mum that he became an instant hero.

cmg

Sad, very sad news.
But a bloke who brought joy and hapiness wherever he went.

Peabody

I am truly sad to hear this news. He was, surely, near the top of everyone's favourite player. I was at that game against Lincoln and as I remember it, received the ball straight from kick off and scored, even quicker than Georgie Bests goal. RIP Tosh

rebel

Sad news, sounds like a real character, RIP.

Andy S

Unfortunately I never saw Tosh play but what a character he was I've just rewatched George Cohen Fred Callaghan and Tosh chatting on the web site. It is clear they all loved the club as we all do. Although Tosh was a fraction before my time I've seen him when he has visited and feel very sad that he has passed away. RIP Tosh and condolences to your family and friends

copthornemike

Sad news - but just would like to add how well written the tribute on the FFC homepage is which, along with the sad parts, also left a smile on my face.
Particularly liked the following:
Chamberlain possessed an absolute rocket of a shot, but the power delivered in his strikes would sometimes come at the expense of accuracy!
His powerful kicks created a legacy at Craven Cottage, with a mistimed corner kick snapping a flag in two, and a backpass to Tony Macedo resulting in the goalkeeper suffering broken ribs.
Fulham folklore also tells of Tosh occasionally sneaking a cigarette on the bench, or from a supporter if the ball was up the other end of the pitch.

Of such stuff are legends created!!! RIP

Bracken White

Truly devastating - one of the most genuine, sincere & nicest people you could ever wish to meet. Knew him in Fulham when I was just a lad - my Dad used to play football & we got to know him through his connections. He would always give you the time of day - even later when we met him & he & Margaret were/are such lovely people. Heard the tales from him re Johnny Haynes etc & what a bullet of a left foot he had. Once, much later playing 5 a side at a local boys club, he coached & guested for some team & played, as a cameo against us. He released one left foot piledriver, which took our 'keeper backwards into the goal! RIP & sincere condolences to Margaret & his family & friends.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

mrmicawbers

Lewes White

bog

I am very upset to hear this news. A wonderful servant to Fulham. He scored with his first touch in his first game. Had the good fortune to shake hands with him at the ground once. It should never be forgotten that it was Tosh who brought the Maestro to the club. He had a rocket of a shot when the ball was as heavy as a medicine ball. What a character. Thanks for all the memories Tosh. RIP.

bod

Sad news indeed. I used to watch him in the 60's and there was a buzz in the crowd whenever Tosh got the ball.
Yes, a true Fulham legend. RIP

Cambridge Pete

Just come on to the site and read this news. So sorry for his family. Rest in peace Tosh and thanks for the memories.

bobbo

big blot on my day. i was just a 13 year old when i first watched him play , he was so full of fun always wanting to lighten up the scene, he read the eulogy at a cab driver buddy of mine many years back and even had the congregation giggling . hes joining a bunch of his playing buddies now sleep peacefully tosh.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

jarv

For whatever reason, I got up this morning (still morning here in U S) feeling good about the day. Now, reading this...so so sad. I remember seeing him play many times about 1960.  R I P Tosh.

Peabody

Will never forget the part Tosh played in the Newcastle cup game, scored a hat trick and was robbed of a fourth by Jack Taylor, who was linesman that day and would later referee a World Cup Final