Tosh Chamberlain RIP

Started by f321ffc, January 10, 2021, 11:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Tosh Chamberlain RIP Fulham legend
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

South Coast White

Just been informed that Tosh Chamerlain passed  away peacefully this morning. I never saw him but still very sad news. 🙏

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

Was in a good mood today,but this news has knocked me right back,spoke to him a few times over the years on his visits back to the ground.
RIP a true Fulham legend.

FFC In Oz

Terrible news.

May he RIP and my sincerest condolences to his friends & family.

FFC legend.

Teddymaybank

A great player and a wonderful gentleman. RIP

Woolly Mammoth

One of my favourite all time Fulham players, real character on and off the pitch.
A great loss to the Fulham family to say the least.
Rest in Peace Tosh you will be sorely missed for so may reasons.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Sad news.
In a world of anemic players Tosh was a hark back to a time when there were genuine characters about and he was special in that he was a character that stood out amongst charecters.
Sad news indeed.
RIP

Ronnief

How sad. I remember seeing him play. What a character. Rest in Peace Tosh.

Kemosabe

The club has a nice (albeit brief) tribute to him on the offal.  Moved quite fast, considering it's a Sunday morning - so credit where credit's due...

Friendsoffulham

TOSH CHAMBERLAIN: 1934-2021

Everyone at Fulham was devastated to learn of the passing of Club icon Tosh Chamberlain.

The effervescent Tosh – real name Trevor – passed away this morning aged 86.

Chamberlain, a lively forward, spent 11 seasons with the Whites during the 1950s and 60s, hitting 64 goals in 204 appearances.

After scoring with the first touch of his Fulham career in 3-2 win over Lincoln City, he was part of the teams which reached the 1958 FA Cup Semi-Final against Manchester United and won promotion to the top flight in 1959.

Chamberlain possessed an absolute rocket of a shot, but the power delivered in his strikes would sometimes come at the expense of accuracy!

His powerful kicks created a legacy at Craven Cottage, with a mistimed corner kick snapping a flag in two, and a backpass to Tony Macedo resulting in the goalkeeper suffering broken ribs.

Fulham folklore also tells of Tosh occasionally sneaking a cigarette on the bench, or from a supporter if the ball was up the other end of the pitch.

Tosh was a lifelong friend of Whites legend Johnny Haynes following their time together in the local school district teams, and is credited as being one of the major reasons why Haynes joined the Club.

Chamberlain had brief spells with Dover Athletic and Gravesend & Northfleet after leaving SW6, but was a regular visitor to the Cottage ever since.

Tosh still had a lot of friends at Fulham and remained in the hearts of every fan who saw him play.

The thoughts of us all are now with Tosh's wife Margaret, sons Steve and John, granddaughter Terri-Anne, as well as the wider family and friends of one of Fulham Football Club's most popular ever characters.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/january/Tosh-Chamberlain-1934-2021/

The Old Count

Sad news. A true Fulham legend. I saw him play. A great unorthodox player with a thunderous shot on him. RIP.

Friendsoffulham

SG

Just when I thought this year was going to be getting better. Loved the player and the person. Thanks for the memories Tosh

gang

Hardest left foot shot in the game, he was the reason Johny Haynes joined Fulham.
It was a privilage to have known you Tosh. RIP

Burt

Rest in peace Tosh, and many condolences to Margaret and the family.

SP

Dodgin

Fulham 442

Sad news indeed.  I never saw him play but saw him several times at the Cottage.  He always had a smile on his face and was happy to chat to anyone.  RIP Tosh.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Tosh lived locally and over the years I have bumped in to him several times in Stoneleigh Broadway and have always had a chat . It is a shame that we will not be able to give him a proper send off.