watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we are now further from safety than we was

Started by fulhamben, January 16, 2021, 07:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

after 17 games in 2018, the last time we got relegated.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

PaulJ123

But Parker's doing a great job isn't he?

Couldn't believe that Parker love in post the other day - need to face reality. He's made us hard to beat but equally made us hard to win.

fulhamben

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 16, 2021, 07:29:29 PM

Couldn't believe that Parker love in post the other day - need to face reality. He's made us hard to beat but equally made us hard to win.
no, no he isnt doing a good job

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: PaulJ123 on January 16, 2021, 07:29:29 PM

Once he got the players in there's no doubt we've improved. Tony needs to pull his finger out

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

SG

Give it a bloody rest. 5 minutes after the game has finished you start the same old record.

Sting of the North

But we look infinitely better than we did at this time two years ago. Back then we looked like relegation fodder, and a laughing stock. Now we don't. I cannot understand how it is possible for anyone that watched us back then and watch us now to conclude that we are worse this season. That is absolutely beyond belief for me.

fulhamben

Quote from: SG on January 16, 2021, 07:33:03 PM
Give it a bloody rest. 5 minutes after the game has finished you start the same old record.
its the same old record because its the same old result. the big difference now is we are no longer in touching distance of 17th. we are cut adrift.

Deeping_white

We've also got two games in hand? Not sure how you can blame Parker for anything today but then you hate him so I'm so you'll try

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 16, 2021, 07:33:29 PM
But we look infinitely better than we did at this time two years ago. Back then we looked like relegation fodder, and a laughing stock. Now we don't. I cannot understand how it is possible for anyone that watched us back then and watch us now to conclude that we are worse this season. That is absolutely beyond belief for me.
we couldnt defend last time but we did have goals in us. weve gone full circle and dont either bother starting games with a striker anymore. and we might be better this season, but so are the other teams, hence we have now been cut adrift

SG

Nonsense we're not cut adrift. Let's see where we are after 38 games. That's all the matters.

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 16, 2021, 07:35:38 PM
We've also got two games in hand? Not sure how you can blame Parker for anything today but then you hate him so I'm so you'll try
we have played the same amount of games as 17th place burnley who are 4 points ahead of us.

jayffc

2 games in hand on Brighton still and 5 points off them. If we beat them and then WBA well likely be above them. Their next 3 games are us then Tottenham and Liverpool. By that point it will be the end if the window and we hopefully will have a striking option on board...from there we just have to do better than them for the rest of the season. Very plausible that we should do so

fulhamben

Quote from: SG on January 16, 2021, 07:36:59 PM
Nonsense we're not cut adrift. Let's see where we are after 38 games. That's all the matters.
erm yes we are, look at the table

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:37:22 PM
we have played the same amount of games as 17th place burnley who are 4 points ahead of us.

We've played two fewer games than Brighton, do try to keep up

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: fulhamben on January 16, 2021, 07:36:30 PM
we couldnt defend last time but we did have goals in us. weve gone full circle and dont either bother starting games with a striker anymore. and we might be better this season, but so are the other teams, hence we have now been cut adrift
On all fairness that's down to TK not buying another proper goalscorer. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

FFC1987

We look hard to beat but when I re-watch previous games, I just don't ever see us do enough to win games. Do you? Fair enough if you do, but relying on Cav, Kamara, Mitro and the like to score from one, at a push, two chances a game is a tall order. It pains me to watch this side be so close to being so good. But we just don't get those margins in our favour. Whether its a daft handball, a contentious offside, or swindling chances like penalties, it feels like the only consistent thing we do is miss the opportunities we do get to close out games. After watching WestBrom, Brighton, then us, all go the way we hoped it didn't today, I'm super deflated and if im honest, resigned to relegation, albeit, still pro Parker, and still immensely proud of this team but I just can't see us winnign enough games and other teams dropping that many points we need them to.

Sting of the North

So four points with more than half the season left to play equals us being cut adrift. Interesting.

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 16, 2021, 07:39:01 PM

So four points with more than half the season left to play equals us being cut adrift. Interesting.
yep, thats what cut adrift means in football. need more than one result to go above the team  just above you in the league

Deeping_white

21 games to play and we need to get 4 points more than Burnley and we've also got two games in hand over Brighton, but yeah by Bens logic we might as well forfeit now

FFC1987

Having won 2 from 17. Its becoming quite a tall ask, don't you think?