https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We have to start with Mitro next match

Started by blingo, January 20, 2021, 10:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

He looked like his old self tonight. COYW

Asotosyios

The next game is against Burnley for the FA Cup, so we will start Mitrovic as we are going to give some time to the reserves. It will be interesting to see if he starts next week against Brighton - somehow I doubt it.

Milo

I think it's down to Parker to integrate Mitrovic. If not, we will go down. We will go down fighting yes.. but we just aren't a threat in front of goal. We need a striker. If we aren't buying one.. then it's down to Parker to pull one more rabbit out the hat. Integrate Mitro.

Luka

blingo

His whole body language was different when he came on. He really wanted it, calling for the ball and unlucky not to score

Finnans Right Peg

Think he needs an hour and regarding of the score take him off

fulhamben

Yep or kamara. I just want a striker to start games. Any striker. Even call up tiehi
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I agree it's a no brainer that Mitro should start v Burnley, he looked more confident and interested tonight but did not get long enough to make an impact.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

The Rational Fan

No Manager gets a whole new team on promotion. Parker asked for upgrades in many positions, Parker got a new player in ten positions, so he has to deliver with what he has, rather than blame not getting XI new players.

Parker could have got a striker, if he was prepared to have less defenders and midfielders. FFP is designed to crucify teams like us that keep reinforcing every season and buying players rather than building talent.

Mitrovic is fantastic for Serbia and against Brighton 2019, if Parker cannot get him to perform then he isn't a great manager. Get a clean sheet and few chances to Mitro in the box, we should have a good chance to win.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 20, 2021, 11:22:06 PM
No Manager gets a whole new team on promotion. Parker asked for upgrades in many positions, Parker got a new player in ten positions, so he has to deliver with what he has, rather than blame not getting XI new players.

Parker could have got a striker, if he was prepared to have less defenders and midfielders. FFP is designed to crucify teams like us that keep reinforcing every season rather than building talent.

Mitrovic is fantastic for Serbia and against Brighton 2019, if Parker cannot get him to perform then he isn't a great manager. Get a clean sheet and few chances to Mitro in the box, we should have a good chance to win.

It is not Parker's fault if the club does not purchase a decent striker, that is the same reason why Slavisa got fed up with the lack of support and too much interference from the owners son. Parker seems to have better relationship with the owners son, but that is because Parker tolerates him, whereas clearly Slavisa was far from happy with the owners son.
If we don't get the striker we need and we fail to stay up, that is the fault once again of the owners son.
If you cast your mind back to the last season we were relegated, we had three managers, and none of them could save Fulham, you cannot tell me they were all wrong.
I am not sure if the Chairman really understands the gravity of the situation as he seems to rely heavily on his son who will as usual scapegoat the manager as he has always done, when in actual fact he is the weakest link.
Having said that he can redeem himself by bringing in the striker we need, but I have no confidence in his ability to do that, but there is still time to prove me wrong.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Brawn

I'd start him in the cup and see how he goes, with a view to building up some sharpness before the big one on Wednesday.

Hopefully we get a couple of goals up early on, and take him off on 45/60 mins.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 20, 2021, 11:42:13 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 20, 2021, 11:22:06 PM

Parker could have got a striker, if he was prepared to have less defenders and midfielders. FFP is designed to crucify teams like us that keep reinforcing every season rather than building talent.

It is not Parker's fault if the club does not purchase a decent striker, that is the same reason why Slavisa got fed up with the lack of support and too much interference from the owners son. Parker seems to have better relationship with the owners son, but that is because Parker tolerates him, whereas clearly Slavisa was far from happy with the owners son.
If we don't get the striker we need and we fail to stay up, that is the fault once again of the owners son.
If you cast your mind back to the last season we were relegated, we had three managers, and none of them could save Fulham, you cannot tell me they were all wrong.
I am not sure if the Chairman really understands the gravity of the situation as he seems to rely heavily on his son who will as usual scapegoat the manager as he has always done, when in actual fact he is the weakest link.
Having said that he can redeem himself by bringing in the striker we need, but I have no confidence in his ability to do that, but there is still time to prove me wrong.

If we are prepared to ruin next season's budget, we can use next season's wage to bring in Josh King, but will Josh King keep us up or just mean that next season we cannot afford to keep Tete/Tosin/Robinson/Reed (ie. our future).

colinwhite

its not just about having a striker. We need someone to scor the goals but equally importantly they have to be part of our shape out of possession .Cavaleiro hasnt been great in front of goal,and had one of his poorer games yesterday but has been getting aplace for his tireless running na dmobility which has been avital part of how we have played. Kamara doesnt seem to get it and Mitro is too slow.

Its not about changing one position and all will be fine ,because if we play Mitro we are one man down defensively. Could see BDR playing in cavs spot against Brighton. We missed his energy yesterday. Whilst Im at it Bryan did well but we missed robinsons energy and mobility pushing the opposition deep down that left hand side.

davew

Quote from: blingo on January 20, 2021, 10:19:36 PM
He looked like his old self tonight. COYW
I must have been watching a different game.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Parker should begiven some game time against Burnley in the cup, just sufficient to ensure that he is match fit for the Brighton match next Wednesday.
Against Brighton Mitro must start, there really is no option, surely we can all see that including Parker.

hovewhite

Body language wise he looked better no doubt about that. Think he will start v Burnley but to get into Brighton team he will need to show the Mitro of last season.

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 21, 2021, 11:35:35 AM
Parker should begiven some game time against Burnley in the cup, just sufficient to ensure that he is match fit for the Brighton match next Wednesday.
Against Brighton Mitro must start, there really is no option, surely we can all see that including Parker.

You want Parker to play? I doubt he's match fit lol.

3 Cherries

Mitro is not the answer - but try him in the cup game and lets see...

The answer is a new striker

Watch this space 10 days to go :023:

Twig

Quote from: colinwhite on January 21, 2021, 06:04:59 AM
its not just about having a striker. We need someone to scor the goals but equally importantly they have to be part of our shape out of possession .Cavaleiro hasnt been great in front of goal,and had one of his poorer games yesterday but has been getting aplace for his tireless running na dmobility which has been avital part of how we have played. Kamara doesnt seem to get it and Mitro is too slow.

Its not about changing one position and all will be fine ,because if we play Mitro we are one man down defensively. Could see BDR playing in cavs spot against Brighton. We missed his energy yesterday. Whilst Im at it Bryan did well but we missed robinsons energy and mobility pushing the opposition deep down that left hand side.

I don't agree that with Mitro we necessarily lose out defensively. He always comes back to defend set pieces such as corners and is danced good at it. Also, his hold up play takes pressure off our defence and gives them time to get back into shape. Because Cav often fails to hold balls that are pinged up to him the ball often comes back immediately. That said, I am also aware of Cav's contributions to help out our defence. So I think they both contribute, just in different ways.