watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Great Escape

Started by SuffolkWhite, April 09, 2021, 09:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Well if it wasn't on before it is now, we need a miracle sorry to say.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

3 Cherries

PaulJ123

Has Parker been sacked then?

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: PaulJ123 on April 09, 2021, 10:01:09 PM
Has Parker been sacked then?

Lol, he will be a good Manager once he plays some attacking football when its needed. Hopefully he will be  now as he has no choice!
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

blingo

He will continue in the same vein Mr Suffolk, he isn't tactically savvy enough. He is cutting his teeth at our expense

SP

I'm sorry to say this team, despite best intentions, isn't fit to lace the boots of the last great escape team.

RaySmith

Where's our Danny Murphy,  Nevland, Bullard, McBride, Dio Kamara, Hughes, Baird etc. ?

But maybe  we can work a miracle - a Great Escape, but it's not looking good at the moment.

Probably feel better in the morning, and if Newcastle lose,  then we are still in it, though it's hard to see where results are coming from at the moment.

Dunstable Fulham

The team isn't good enough to survive from here in my view. Only won five games all season . Don't score anywhere near enough goals - a few of us said a while ago the worry was our inability to score enough goals and that's proving to be the case.
I don't like the look of us with Mitro in the team at this level and I thought we played better without him in the championship last season. Parker needs to drop Mitrovic now and hope we can scrape 4 x 1-0 wins from here playing fast paced counter attacking football. As I said I don't think we are good enough to do it but it's our only hope.
I thought Kongolo was a massive plus last night.

JoelH5

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on April 10, 2021, 08:18:39 AM
The team isn't good enough to survive from here in my view. Only won five games all season . Don't score anywhere near enough goals - a few of us said a while ago the worry was our inability to score enough goals and that's proving to be the case.
I don't like the look of us with Mitro in the team at this level and I thought we played better without him in the championship last season. Parker needs to drop Mitrovic now and hope we can scrape 4 x 1-0 wins from here playing fast paced counter attacking football. As I said I don't think we are good enough to do it but it's our only hope.
I thought Kongolo was a massive plus last night.

As things stand, we could win one more game and stay up
I was there, standing in the Putney end

SuffolkWhite

It's not over, over, but it sure feels like it's over.
I said on another thread its the recent performances that worry me as we still make mistakes and that includes not scoring, but today we are still 3 point off the Toon, but probably wont be once they have played their two games in hand.
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

A Great Escape is impossible when you have a team totally unable to score at least a goal a game.
Start thinking of say Fulham v Gilliingham next season which is more likely than a Great Escape.

HobGoblin

Need decent manager and players willing to fight for him. The teams heads seem to have dropped and no urgency with the team at all last night.

Only chance of a great escape is if newcastle players all start playing ninety minutes with their hands up "Hande Hoch"

FFC In Oz

Quote from: HobGoblin on April 10, 2021, 10:30:24 AM
Need decent manager and players willing to fight for him. The teams heads seem to have dropped and no urgency with the team at all last night.

Only chance of a great escape is if newcastle players all start playing ninety minutes with their hands up "Hande Hoch"

Even then we still wouldn't be able to put one past them on the last day

Woolly Mammoth

If we go down I cannot see us bouncing back up straight away.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Moltobueno

Even a 10-men Leeds can win Man City... Anything is possible  :clap_hands:

Texas White

No you can't win unless you score goals. It's obvious the system/tactics have been wrong for six months. 

😡😡😡

Whitestone

The squad collectively simply isn't good enough. We have some top players but unfortunately not enough of them to trouble most opposition defences. The time has come to build a squad capable of staying in the Prem without the over reliance on loan players. The term Loan Utd has been bandied about and it does feel like that.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 10, 2021, 02:27:04 PM
If we go down I cannot see us bouncing back up straight away.

Agreed, and that's what I find most disheartening.  I think it's lower tiers for FFC for a number of years to come.  If there had been any way, miracle of miracles, that FFC could have survived this season, I think with the addition of new players and retention of some of the loanees FFC could have evolved into a solid/mid-table type of squad. 

Asotosyios

I agree that we are not good enough to stay up, but let's wait for the fat lady to sing before starting thinking about next season's games in the Championship - stranger things have happened.

Let's forget about Newcastle, let's forget about how many points we need and let's focus on getting a result at the Emirates next week and see where that takes us.

SouthIslandWhite

There's a fat lady who lives across from me and I can hear her clearing her throat.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.