more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I do not see us getting another point (or goal) for the remainder of the season

Started by 3 Cherries, April 12, 2021, 08:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 13, 2021, 02:19:34 AM
There is no reason why we cannot beat Burnley, Southampton, and Newcastle. And, I don't think Sheffield United losing to either Newcastle or Brighton is a certainty. In conclusion, this season is far from over, we just need some form.
Living up to your name

I admire your optimism

rebel

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on April 14, 2021, 03:27:25 PM
I can only see points if we change tactics and play two Strikers, and we will still need some luck. But here's hoping  049:gif

Agree 100%

FFC In Oz

Quote from: rebel on April 14, 2021, 11:29:56 AM
Quote from: Mr White on April 14, 2021, 11:04:39 AM

Rebel,
what in the last four defeats gives you confidence that we can get out of this ? Im an optimistic person , but i see nothing.

We've done better away from home, 4 of the remaining matches are away from home. We play 3 of the remaining matches against 'top teams', we perform better against top teams, less physicality and more skillful. In the 4 defeats we've always been in the matches. Some look worse then others, Man City and Villa, really bad mistakes. Those things can be fixed. We had 'unbeaten' run, we just need to get back to that place. The 2 home matches are against teams in the bottom half of the table.

Whilst I admire your optimism Rebel, I think it is important to note that in that "unbeaten" runs most of the results were draws.  Draws aren't good enough.

Barrett487

I'm sure we'll win a game, once we're mathematically relegated.

Prior to that i don't see a victory because we don't seem to know what our own tactics are. We set up for possession and don't get crosses in to an isolated Mitro, or we attack on the break without the the correct team selection, getting to the corner flag rather than running at the defense and then passing back eventually to Areole.

rebel

Quote from: FFC In Oz on April 14, 2021, 03:32:43 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 14, 2021, 11:29:56 AM
Quote from: Mr White on April 14, 2021, 11:04:39 AM

Rebel,
what in the last four defeats gives you confidence that we can get out of this ? Im an optimistic person , but i see nothing.

We've done better away from home, 4 of the remaining matches are away from home. We play 3 of the remaining matches against 'top teams', we perform better against top teams, less physicality and more skillful. In the 4 defeats we've always been in the matches. Some look worse then others, Man City and Villa, really bad mistakes. Those things can be fixed. We had 'unbeaten' run, we just need to get back to that place. The 2 home matches are against teams in the bottom half of the table.

Whilst I admire your optimism Rebel, I think it is important to note that in that "unbeaten" runs most of the results were draws.  Draws aren't good enough.

Agree, we need to win them, draws are a road to nowhere.

Gezza

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 12, 2021, 08:49:24 PM
The loanees and want aways will not want an injury chasing a lost cause (I reckon after Friday he may have lost the players faith)

Don't reckon the bookies would give very long odds either!

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we ever score again this season (own goals do not count)

That's what we want. Undying support to the end ! God help us.

3 Cherries

Quote from: Gezza on April 14, 2021, 08:52:37 PM
The loanees and want aways will not want an injury chasing a lost cause (I reckon after Friday he may have lost the players faith)

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we ever score again this season (own goals do not count)

This isn't the Battle of Britain its a game of football and support doesn't change the reality

Gezza

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 14, 2021, 09:45:19 PM

This isn't the Battle of Britain its a game of football and support doesn't change the reality

Exactly. It's a game of football and we are supposed to be supporters.  Don't see much of that here.

St Eve

Quote from: Gezza on April 14, 2021, 10:27:07 PM

Exactly. It's a game of football and we are supposed to be supporters.  Don't see much of that here.
Agree Gezza

rebel

Quote from: Gezza on April 14, 2021, 10:27:07 PM

Agree, Gezza.

northamptonsteve

Arsenal away just the kind of game we could go and win, Newcastle shouldn't be getting anything from a rampant Wet spam and back to only 3 points behind with a better GD and an easier run in! Being a lifelong supporter of 51 years you know Fulham will give hope before withdrawing it soon after. May as well try to be positive Arsenal should be tired after tonight and have little to play for.

3 Cherries

haha so supporters are meant to be passive deniers, continuing to chase after a lost cause

does that imply critical supporters aren't maybe as loyal...?

Unless supporters critically challenge this lousy season and call it out for what it is, nothing will change and we'll have an underwhelming, depressing season in the Championship

As for beating Arsenal - you're having a laugh :dft011:

rebel

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 15, 2021, 08:26:41 AM
haha so supporters are meant to be passive deniers, continuing to chase after a lost cause

does that imply critical supporters aren't maybe as loyal...?

Unless supporters critically challenge this lousy season and call it out for what it is, nothing will change and we'll have an underwhelming, depressing season in the Championship

As for beating Arsenal - you're having a laugh :dft011:

I'd say that over the last 4 / 5 weeks 99% of posts has been critical of the team, in part or completely, so again your 'hypothesis' is incorrect. The reality is teams have survived in much worse circumstances. 

northamptonsteve

forgetting the first 8 games I don't think we have been too far away, bit of luck and the odd bit of good fortune could see us on 5/6 points more than we are now, Liverpools pen, disallowed goal v spuds etc, etc. Maybe having a laugh Mr Cherries but will be watching with optimism and foolish hope maybe until impossible.

May as well get behind the lads as not, the job is theirs until the end of the season when stay up or not another rebuild on the cards.

COYW

Mr White

Quote from: Barrett487 on April 14, 2021, 06:41:08 PM
I'm sure we'll win a game, once we're mathematically relegated.

Prior to that i don't see a victory because we don't seem to know what our own tactics are. We set up for possession and don't get crosses in to an isolated Mitro, or we attack on the break without the the correct team selection, getting to the corner flag rather than running at the defense and then passing back eventually to Areole.

Agree 100% these tactics won't bet Arsenal, I'm all for getting behind the team,but we're toothless up front,
Fans have a right to be pissed off when it's plane as day what's wrong,and nothing changes.

RaySmith

Quote from: northamptonsteve on April 15, 2021, 10:05:45 AM
forgetting the first 8 games I don't think we have been too far away, bit of luck and the odd bit of good fortune could see us on 5/6 points more than we are now, Liverpools pen, disallowed goal v spuds etc, etc. Maybe having a laugh Mr Cherries but will be watching with optimism and foolish hope maybe until impossible.

May as well get behind the lads as not, the job is theirs until the end of the season when stay up or not another rebuild on the cards.

COYW

0001.jpeg

rebel

COYW

We've lost 19 points this season from winning positions. We would be out of sight with those 19 points.

northamptonsteve

Just the 30 seconds away from having a laugh 3 cherries and still believing until the end! And do you know what, I am going to keep hoping and believing next season too whatever division we play, COYW and let's all start supporting.

Bring on the abuse for being supportive!3

rebel

Quote from: rebel on April 15, 2021, 12:37:42 PM

COYW

We've lost 19 points this season from winning positions. We would be out of sight with those 19 points.

We've lost 21 points this season from winning positions etc. I still believe.