watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I do not see us getting another point (or goal) for the remainder of the season

Started by 3 Cherries, April 12, 2021, 08:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

The loanees and want aways will not want an injury chasing a lost cause (I reckon after Friday he may have lost the players faith)

Don't reckon the bookies would give very long odds either!

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we ever score again this season (own goals do not count)

Whitestone

I reckon that's a 5000/1 shot. Never gonna happen. I admire your optimism!

3 Cherries

Quote from: Whitestone on April 12, 2021, 08:57:47 PM
I reckon that's a 5000/1 shot. Never gonna happen. I admire your optimism!

Wow you offer fantastic odds £2 e-way?

The Rational Fan

There is no reason why we cannot beat Burnley, Southampton, and Newcastle. And, I don't think Sheffield United losing to either Newcastle or Brighton is a certainty. In conclusion, this season is far from over, we just need some form.

RaySmith

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 12, 2021, 08:49:24 PM
The loanees and want aways will not want an injury chasing a lost cause (I reckon after Friday he may have lost the players faith)

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we ever score again this season (own goals do not count)

I think our loanees have been committed to the cause, and they won't want a relegation on their cv - they are on loan for a reason, because they weren't in their home clubs  immediate plans, so they surely want  very much to impress.

The media are now  giving WBA a a chance, when they'd been written, off, and, ok I know they seem on a roll, but if they still have a chance of survival, why not us?

IF we can get back the form we had  just a few weeks ago, when we beat Liverpool , Leicester and Everton, and came close  home to Liverpool, and Man U, undone by awful ref decisions, we have a chance. I feel Newcastle  are bound to slip up along the way.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 13, 2021, 02:19:34 AM
There is no reason why we cannot beat Burnley, Southampton, and Newcastle. And, I don't think Sheffield United losing to either Newcastle or Brighton is a certainty. In conclusion, this season is far from over, we just need some form.

0001.jpeg

filham

Agree with the OP.
With six matches to play under the shadow of relegation wht will be the priority of a loan players.
1, Maximum effort and prepared to run into a brick wall for the manager in spite of poor team performances.

2. Put in a good indivual performance displaying persoal skills to attract new premier league club.

3. Avoid any end of season injury to ensure possible new clubs don't hesitate in making signing.

We could be in for some big defeats in the last six games and it is hard to see where another goal is coming from let alone a win.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: 3 Cherries on April 12, 2021, 08:49:24 PM

+1

People saying "Oh but we can beat Burnley" or "Southampton are in terrible form" are refusing to acknowledge our faults.

We can't score.

In particular, it is these "winnable" games where it is most evident that we are content to sit and play for a 0-0 draw.  It's the major criticism of SP

Bill2

While I also think we are gone as those teams around us are playing with more passion and desire than we seem to I cannot agree with the point about not scoring another goal, I am sure we will score at least 1.
I am probably praying for a miracle in our approach to the remaining games but that will require Scotty to change his playing style and I cannot really see that as he hasn't previously. Funnily enough didn't we play Newcastle at home last game of the season in the previous relegation season. We were pathetic that day and got stuffed 0-4. Walked out of the ground in disgust and threw programme in the first dustbin I came across.

rebel

Agree 100%.

Blawarmy

I watched Sheffield Utd against Arsenal and they looked absolute cack. Even worse than us going forward. Must be a new young manager thing.

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on April 13, 2021, 10:01:33 AM
While I also think we are gone as those teams around us are playing with more passion and desire than we seem to I cannot agree with the point about not scoring another goal, I am sure we will score at least 1.
I am probably praying for a miracle in our approach to the remaining games but that will require Scotty to change his playing style and I cannot really see that as he hasn't previously. Funnily enough didn't we play Newcastle at home last game of the season in the previous relegation season. We were pathetic that day and got stuffed 0-4. Walked out of the ground in disgust and threw programme in the first dustbin I came across.
Wow , I like the confidence in stating that we may will score a goal in the last six games, that sums us up nicely.
Of course we should be looking forward to another ten or so goals.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on April 13, 2021, 01:52:41 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on April 13, 2021, 10:01:33 AM
Wow , I like the confidence in stating that we may will score a goal in the last six games, that sums us up nicely.
Of course we should be looking forward to another ten or so goals.

It would take us another 25 games to score 10 goals.  Depressing

3 Cherries

Current form:

4 Losses

Scored for: 2 (1 was a fluke)

Scored against: 10

Now that stat is going to get worse after the Arsenal game

And I just don't see anybody in our current predicament busting a gut for a point or goal when our season is over   

PaulJ123

Totally agree, we're rubbish and have been for a while!

Ever since that WBA second half capitulation, it's been like this.

#HoweIn

rebel

Quote from: PaulJ123 on April 14, 2021, 10:38:00 AM
Totally agree, we're rubbish and have been for a while!

Ever since that WBA second half capitulation, it's been like this.

#HoweIn

Since drawing with West Brom, we have beaten Everton, Liverpool etc and had a mini unbeaten run. 

Mr White

Rebel,
what in the last four defeats gives you confidence that we can get out of this ? Im an optimistic person , but i see nothing.

rebel

Quote from: Mr White on April 14, 2021, 11:04:39 AM

Rebel,
what in the last four defeats gives you confidence that we can get out of this ? Im an optimistic person , but i see nothing.

We've done better away from home, 4 of the remaining matches are away from home. We play 3 of the remaining matches against 'top teams', we perform better against top teams, less physicality and more skillful. In the 4 defeats we've always been in the matches. Some look worse then others, Man City and Villa, really bad mistakes. Those things can be fixed. We had 'unbeaten' run, we just need to get back to that place. The 2 home matches are against teams in the bottom half of the table.

SuffolkWhite

I can only see points if we change tactics and play two Strikers, and we will still need some luck. But here's hoping  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"