watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SP staying confirmed

Started by Blawarmy, May 11, 2021, 05:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

I think keeping him in post is the correct decision. Every manager gets sacked or leaves eventually, but I don't think now is the right time for a change of manager.

Asotosyios

I would be very surprised to see Parker leave, especially after signing a new 3-year contract at the start of the season. I could only see him leaving only if Tottenham made an approach for him, which would be even more surprising than him being sacked.

From what I read, he has a great relationship with TK and is actively involved in selecting the transfer targets. That was the case last year in the Championship, when all our recruits were players that had experience in the Championship and knew the division, and also this year when a lot of players admitted that they had spoken to Parker prior to joining.

It will be interesting to see his tactics next year - do we go back to inverted wingers or play 3-4-3? Also interesting to see the new forward that Parker will select to replace Mitrovic and how he will do - comparisons will be inevitable.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Robbie on May 11, 2021, 06:30:38 PM
On balance good news. This season has been so strange and challenging that I think it is fair to give SP another go. Need some young hungry Championship or League One hopefuls.

I agree. The football community likes Parker and we should allow him to build something at Fulham. Chopping and changing won't cut it.

Matt10

The season's over, so I am now in 21/20 mode. If Parker is in fact staying, then so be it. Mitro will be gone, so we'll have to see how that plays out. I've said my peace with Parker this season, so it's time to move on. I'm not 100% forgiving him, if at all, but I accept the reality. It's good to have a manager invested in the club, maybe, just maybe, he'll get some buy in from our loan players - who can regroup their confidence.

perry geyton

Quote from: Andyb on May 11, 2021, 06:52:25 PM
Need two wingers and a striker 🤞🤞
And a manager that knows how's to play positive attacking Non sideways football

Zoppa77

Nowhere does it say staying confirmed. Can't let that get in the way of a story though.
Please make it end. Our football is dull, slow, negative, boring etc. 46 games of this next season is not acceptable. I can't understand the fear of 'losing' SP.  I'm confident if Spuds came calling (they will not) he would walk away from FFC. Two years is sufficient time to judge a managers credentials & ability. We are going backwards (no joke intended) with our play. Time for change PLEASE.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Plodder on May 11, 2021, 10:31:31 PM
I think keeping him in post is the correct decision. Every manager gets sacked or leaves eventually, but I don't think now is the right time for a change of manager.

I wonder if people will still be saying this when we're 20th in the Championship in December

Craven Mad

Somewhat disappointing if true. I can only hope that Scott learns from this season's failures and realised that successful teams these days are attacking, energetic and dynamic.

Please, for the love of god, Scott, just stop the endless sideways passing...

RoyTund

Why would you confirm he is staying before the review? Kind of missing the point.

I Ronic

All this talk of sideways play. I remember a lot of sideways play with Roy. Lots of possession in the first two thirds.

rebel

Quote from: I Ronic on May 12, 2021, 08:25:11 AM
All this talk of sideways play. I remember a lot of sideways play with Roy. Lots of possession in the first two thirds.

Yep, that got us to the Europa League Final 2010. Parker's 'Parkerball' is passing without purpose. 

Craven Mad

Quote from: rebel on May 12, 2021, 08:46:38 AM

Yep, that got us to the Europa League Final 2010. Parker's 'Parkerball' is passing without purpose. 

Exactly! Under Roy we played with 2 strikers (AJ/Zamora) and inverted winders who knew how to shoot (eg Duff/Davies), fullbacks who'd provide a crossing option for the inverted wingers (Konch/Reither)as well as a pivoting CM pairing comprised of one CM who was creative (Murphy) and the other an enforcer (Etuhu).

Roy knew how to create a well-balanced and dynamic team.

Under Scott, we have wingers AND, for some reason, overlapping fullbacks that  all hug the line but can't shoot/cross, a single striker who's miles away from anyone else, and a deep central midfield 3 all of whom are DMs. It's a mess and clearly won't result in goals.

The Cravenette

Quote from: Matt10 on May 11, 2021, 11:14:12 PM
The season's over, so I am now in 21/20 mode. If Parker is in fact staying, then so be it. Mitro will be gone, so we'll have to see how that plays out. I've said my peace with Parker this season, so it's time to move on. I'm not 100% forgiving him, if at all, but I accept the reality. It's good to have a manager invested in the club, maybe, just maybe, he'll get some buy in from our loan players - who can regroup their confidence.

Good post.  I have absolutely had it with Parkerball this (and last season) but the players and media seem to have a lot of respect for him.  It is a conundrum as I don't like getting rid of managers everytime something goes wrong.  And boy has it gone wrong. 

The thing with Scott is he does talk well and show passion after games.  He clearly wants Fulham to do well but.....his style of football and apparant lack of knowing how to make positive changes to matches when things are not working is so frustrating.

If he goes, he goes I just hope we bring in someone decent.  If he does stay then I will have to accept it.  I support Fulham, the club and will do whoever is in charge.  I just hope if he does stay he has learnt from this season and he gets in the players we need both for promotion and for staying in the Prem.  And remembers the idea of the game is to score more goals than the opposition.

Lambo

The thought of sideways and back football for another 12 months.  :012: :012: :012:

LittleErn

Parker has a lot of faults in my opinion. He shows no drive or ambition either in his style of football or on his interviews. He dwells on the difficulty of upcoming games and the strength of the opposition when he should be instilling confidence in our players that they are better than the opposition. His substitutions have been poor all season, especially their timing. Have substitutions ever changed a game in our favour? He has persevered with players who were clearly not performing.  I'm sure there are worse managers out there but there are also a lot better. Keep him until we find the right man, but start the search now.

fcfulham55

Quote from: Lambo on May 12, 2021, 10:15:22 AM
The thought of sideways and back football for another 12 months.  :012: :012: :012:

😥

Would take survival right now.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

The Rock

Parker is a fine manager. If he went to Spurs I bet he could keep them up.

Raneiri was a fine manager. He won something called the Premier League with Leicester.

SJ was a fine manager etc. etc. etc.

Sure they could all do better and have their faults, but their portion of deserved blame for results should be pretty minimal. Amazing so many people put all the blame on Parker.

I Ronic

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 12, 2021, 09:44:15 AM
Quote from: rebel on May 12, 2021, 08:46:38 AM

Exactly! Under Roy we played with 2 strikers (AJ/Zamora) and inverted winders who knew how to shoot (eg Duff/Davies), fullbacks who'd provide a crossing option for the inverted wingers (Konch/Reither)as well as a pivoting CM pairing comprised of one CM who was creative (Murphy) and the other an enforcer (Etuhu).

Roy knew how to create a well-balanced and dynamic team.

Under Scott, we have wingers AND, for some reason, overlapping fullbacks that  all hug the line but can't shoot/cross, a single striker who's miles away from anyone else, and a deep central midfield 3 all of whom are DMs. It's a mess and clearly won't result in goals.

Reither never played under Roy and Andy Johnson's goals per game in a Fulham shirt was about one in ten. It was Johnsons injury in the early rounds of the Europa which lead to Zolly getting more game time and providing Zamora with more scoring chances up till then he really wasn't doing that well.
I'm not rubbishing Roy they were great years but the build up was very slow and usually broke down between the second and third thirds.
I don't believe Konch's crossing was all that great either but I was never a fan of his so maybe that's colouring my view of his ability to cross a ball.

3 Cherries

Pure gossip - nothing has been confirmed by TK or FFC

IMO Scotty should walk as most of us want to see a fresh face/ideas/tactics (shame TK can't go too)

MartyFFC

Poor journalism as per usual from Sky. I've read it 3 times and in no shape or form has anything been confirmed. I reckon Parker is sending flirty texts to Levy 24/7