Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 01, 2021, 05:00:45 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 01, 2021, 04:06:50 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on May 30, 2021, 10:25:59 PM
I'd really like Dike. Watched him play for Orlando as well. He's made the step up, and we need to take advantage of the momentum. Hopefully Jedi and Ream are talking up Fulham to him.

A lot of quality players in the Blackpool v Lincoln City side. Kenny Dougal is someone I've been watching for a while. He's got the vision and can strike the ball (two goals today of course), always popping up in the right spot. Think he'd be an excellent signing. Of course, tough to persuade, but still worth a punt.

Dike + Diedhiou, would be great firepower and give us two capable forwards at this level.

Diedhiou is about 5 yards slower than Mitro which isn't the sort of forward that Parker wants (if he's staying), and neither are good enough for the PL should we get promoted so would be instantly discarded and thus the cycle of new players being required starts again
We need a striker with pace and technical ability, bit like king louis saha was, a legend.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 01, 2021, 04:08:27 PM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on May 31, 2021, 07:20:00 AM
Just watched a Styles hype video. Some lovely little clips of the guy, would happily take him but only if Cairney leaves.

Dike seems good if Mitro leaves.

Any thoughts on Ryan Gauld? might be the scot in me talking but he looks handy for the touted 3 odd million. Tasty left foot and takes set pieces

We should be all over Gauld, thought he was a free agent this summer too.

Apparently they triggered an extension but are resigned to selling

Riversider

QPR have signed Charlie Austin today, their 3rd summer signing,  with Johansen fully expected to sign also, I don't expect them to compete with us, but it's undeniable that they've got momentum and a level of belief and optimism that we haven't seen for a while,
Fulham v QPR could well be very interesting next season.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on June 01, 2021, 05:19:19 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on June 01, 2021, 05:00:45 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on June 01, 2021, 04:06:50 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on May 30, 2021, 10:25:59 PM
I'd really like Dike. Watched him play for Orlando as well. He's made the step up, and we need to take advantage of the momentum. Hopefully Jedi and Ream are talking up Fulham to him.

A lot of quality players in the Blackpool v Lincoln City side. Kenny Dougal is someone I've been watching for a while. He's got the vision and can strike the ball (two goals today of course), always popping up in the right spot. Think he'd be an excellent signing. Of course, tough to persuade, but still worth a punt.

Dike + Diedhiou, would be great firepower and give us two capable forwards at this level.

Diedhiou is about 5 yards slower than Mitro which isn't the sort of forward that Parker wants (if he's staying), and neither are good enough for the PL should we get promoted so would be instantly discarded and thus the cycle of new players being required starts again
We need a striker with pace and technical ability, bit like king louis saha was, a legend.

Maybe Dike or Diedhou to come in as 3rd choice (and sell Kamara) - but neither seem to quite have the all around ability, experience and goalscoring record to come into a team aiming to finish in the top two.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: Riversider on June 02, 2021, 04:16:52 PM
QPR have signed Charlie Austin today, their 3rd summer signing,  with Johansen fully expected to sign also, I don't expect them to compete with us, but it's undeniable that they've got momentum and a level of belief and optimism that we haven't seen for a while,

Can easily see Stef Jo going. Passed over having helped us back to the top flight twice in a row. We are definitely going to need reinforcements in central midfield regardless.

Blawarmy

Is the window open now then?

Blawarmy

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on June 02, 2021, 06:35:23 PM
Been open since May 24.

I assume our dof is working tirelessly behind the scenes, trying to build a promotion winning squad for next season?

jayffc

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 02, 2021, 05:51:34 PM
Is the window open now then?

their record with Charlie Austin 2nd half of the season was pretty impressive tbf. If they keep up the momentum and make some other decent signings in the transfer window they may finally get back around the playoffs this year

PaulJ123

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 02, 2021, 06:38:01 PM
Been open since May 24.

I assume our dof is working tirelessly behind the scenes, trying to build a promotion winning squad for next season?

Think the latest AEW promotion was called "Double or Nothing" which is as close we'll get.

#HoweIn

Somerset Fulham

The wrestling thing is getting really tedious, lads.  We will sign and sell players, that is a given because we always do, and wrestling will have no provable damaging or uplifting factor within that.

I was surprised that Austin was only 31! I always thought that him and Glenn Murray were kind of the same.  064.gif

Blawarmy

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 02, 2021, 10:40:03 PM
The wrestling thing is getting really tedious, lads.  We will sign and sell players, that is a given because we always do, and wrestling will have no provable damaging or uplifting factor within that.

I was surprised that Austin was only 31! I always thought that him and Glenn Murray were kind of the same.  064.gif
To be fair I guarantee no other club has a dof running 3 businesses.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

PaulJ123

We always do but it's always too late in the window with very little planning.

AJW48361

You got to feel wanted is Stef Jo is really wanted by the Fulham staff? He would probably be fantastic for us this season.But he deserves to have a choice of playing for who he wants to.

filham

Only if we improve on last season where at the Cottage it was a question of will we fail to score or manage a solitary goal.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 02, 2021, 11:43:19 PM

To be fair I guarantee no other club has a dof running 3 businesses.
Exactly!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 02, 2021, 06:38:01 PM
Been open since May 24.

He had not even given Fulham FC a thought because he doesn't really care, we are way down his list of priorities partly because he is as useless as a D of F as you can get. I hope he stays in cartoon land and make a fool of himself there than come to England and make a fool of himself here.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.