Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

WestSussexWhite

Muniz is making a decision tonight about his future

bobby01

Opuko, gone to vilje in the danish super league, season loan
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

The Rock

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 27, 2021, 06:05:12 PM
Muniz is making a decision tonight about his future

Worried if we can't table something close to the proper up front bid they want that we aren't in the cards as an option for his future. Thanks again for keeping us posted.

MickyAdamsFamily

If Silva believes in Muniz, wants him at the club and has convinced him to want to join Fulham, then TK & co have to figure out a way to close the deal & get him onboard.

junior white

Lets hope FFP isnt as bad as people are saying then

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on July 27, 2021, 07:27:52 PM
If Silva believes in Muniz, wants him at the club and has convinced him to want to join Fulham, then TK & co have to figure out a way to close the deal & get him onboard.

Agreed, Although I've just got a gut feeling he will go to Boro. They have sent delegates to meet his agent in person, whereas we haven't and that could make all the difference

MickyAdamsFamily

I think that the FFP calculations aren't done in real time, such that if we put up some funds now, say for Muniz, we'd still have some time to locate revenue to offset it, through various possible sources (obviously including player sales). Ultimately, we may have to sell in order to buy, but I'm not sure it has to happen in that order, just by year end. There are also other possible sources of new monies, like potentially naming rights for the new Riverside Stand, and the massive billboard that is the roof there, which will be in every aerial shot and also very clearly visible from every airplane approaching Heathrow. It may be tacky, but no one seems to question that Arsenal plays at "The Emirates" stadium. How much was that sponsorship worth?

Tabby

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 27, 2021, 07:46:56 PM

Agreed, Although I've just got a gut feeling he will go to Boro. They have sent delegates to meet his agent in person, whereas we haven't and that could make all the difference

Hard time seeing him being the main man here either, unless we sell Mitro, which could be a draw.

JackHamlet90

If we sign Matt Grimes & Muniz would everyone be happy if that was all our business done?
I am interested to see what happens with Anguissa hopefully he stays but it's time to start clearing out dead wood like Le Marchand Odoi Christie Kamara

junior white

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 28, 2021, 06:20:07 AM
If we sign Matt Grimes & Muniz would everyone be happy if that was all our business done?
I am interested to see what happens with Anguissa hopefully he stays but it's time to start clearing out dead wood like Le Marchand Odoi Christie Kamara
It is ok clearing out the "deadwood" as you put it, but you have to have adequate replacements first if those positions need filling. In Kamara's case do we have another striker / forward to come in? Do we have a versatile defender to replace MLM and Odoi (both can clay full back or CB). If Muniz signs and that is 50/50 i reckon then thats fine if he can cover the role/roles that Kamala may have covered (Wide and middle?) although we have Wilson now as an inverted winger. You need a big enough squad to cope so while yes they may look decent signings (never seen Muniz, pointless watching you tube clips as even I could look good in those) they have to be correct. So yes I may be mildly pleased but only as long as we cover the positions we let go

Classic94

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 28, 2021, 06:20:07 AM

Fairly pleased. Obviously it depends on any outgoings like Robinson and Anguissa... who've been liked with moves.

I think we've got plenty of defensive cover so one or both of MLM and Odoi can go. If I'm being picky, I'd maybe like another forward. Cavaleiro, Kebano and Knockaert aren't totally convincing, but should be fine in the Championship under a new system.

JEEVES

Apparently Watford and Brighton are in for grimes

Statto

Quote from: JEEVES on July 28, 2021, 08:37:28 AM
Apparently Watford and Brighton are in for grimes

That's the end of that one then

Twig

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 27, 2021, 07:46:56 PM

But I'm not clear it's Silva who initiated our interest. Muniz was available and our interest mentioned before Silva joined us.  The Portuguese language connection may just be a coincidence?