watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2021/22

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

The only danger fo Denis is getting sent off, 064.gif, rarely picks up an injury.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bill taylors apprentice

I have a sneaky feeling that Seri may still leave.
I believe the window closes later in Turkey and while Mr Seri has got his head down and played well I wonder if he was always going to help balance the books?

bencher

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 01, 2021, 08:08:12 AM
I believe the window closes later in Turkey and while Mr Seri has got his head down and played well I wonder if he was always going to help balance the books?

I don't see that happening. He looks to be enjoying his football and has the trust of the manager. Chalobah is presumably a replacement for Anguissa, and Quino adds depth to our attacking options centrally and out wide. Although I will be intrigued to see our starting midfield in our next game with these new additions and Reed fit. I suspect Onomah may drop out for Chalobah.

Classic94

Chalobah and Quina are good pick ups. Our squad looks stupidly strong at this level.

I'm not too worried about the RB situation. Odoi, Sessegnon and Christie are still on the books, plus BDR and Reed can also play there if needed.

Count Flapula

Peter Rutzler said Seri was staying yesterday; plus his body language on the pitch is clearly that of a man who is happy here (has constantly been clapping the fans when he goes to take corners, tapping the badge/his heart when celebrating wins at the end of matches) - to me he seems like he's in a very good place mentally with a manager who's sat down with him, gets him as a players and explained his plans for how he sees he fits in.

My gut feeling is he'll stay unless a big team come in with a good offer - his stock has risen again within the club so I can't see us offloading him for the sake of it anymore.

As for RB, more than happy with Odoi and Sess as 2nd/3rd choice at this level (not to mention Christie/Fossey) - not our strongest position but that speaks more of the plethora of talent we talent we have across the squad, rather than RB being "weak". Almost every other Champ team would kill for our options there.

We are in rude health in every position - barring injury disaster (and would have to be a huge spate of them) we simply have to go up given the depth of talent at our disposal.

WOTM

Have we potentially built a team now that if promoted could survive in the PL without any major overhaul? A team that could work towards PL survival from day one of pre-season?

dfwilson84

Quote from: WOTM on September 01, 2021, 08:24:02 AM
Have we potentially built a team now that if promoted could survive in the PL without any major overhaul? A team that could work towards PL survival from day one of pre-season?

No we will still need 3-4 quality additions.

Count Flapula

Happy with who we've signed - if anything I'd say we've retained too many players!

Our biggest danger could be keeping such a large squad happy. Real first world problems that though!

Bassey the warrior

Unless he throws his toys out the pram, I don't see it happening.

Kingjay81

Quote from: Caedal on September 01, 2021, 06:49:36 AM
What a remarkable transfer window. Sure some people are worried about RB, but the loan market is still open for a week I believe, and that's all we need until Tete is back, and even then, we have enough quality in the squad to cope.

We've kept basically everyone we needed to, plus added some real quality on sensible terms. Surely this is the best squad ever assembled at this level? Silva looks an incredible appointment aswell, being able to completely change everything about the club in such a short space of time, and reintegrate and re-energise discarded players.

I haven't felt this positive about the club for a very long time. Just a tremendous job by everyone

The class of 2000/2001 under Tigana was a better team. Coleman, Finnan, Brevett, Davis, Clark, John Collins, Boa Morte, Hayles, Saha....wow what a team that was! But yes maybe this current squad has more depth.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: bencher on September 01, 2021, 08:17:43 AM

I don't see that happening. He looks to be enjoying his football and has the trust of the manager. Chalobah is presumably a replacement for Anguissa, and Quino adds depth to our attacking options centrally and out wide. Although I will be intrigued to see our starting midfield in our next game with these new additions and Reed fit. I suspect Onomah may drop out for Chalobah.

I do agree but I guess it would be very Fulhamish for him to go just as we are seeing his true value.
He is like a new player for us, hope he stays.

As for RB I think its an area we can cope with while Tete is injured and wasn't a priority to recruit

grandad

The Club must be congratulated on one of the most positive Transfer Windows in recent years. Our strength in depth is awesome. Competition for places will be fierce.
Where there's a will there's a wife

We Are Premier League

Does anyone know if the loan window is closed now? or if that deadline is later

Also, can we still sell and/or loan players to countries (Turkey etc.) where the window is closing later?

Woolly Mammoth

One of the most important issues is the fact that we did not transfer out any key players on the last day.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WOTM

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2021, 09:28:52 AM
One of the most important issues is the fact that we did not transfer out any key players on the last day.

Agree.

Cookie6262

Imagine if Carvalho signs a new contract and Muniz is actually the next Richarlison 😳 😂😂

Holders

Quote from: WOTM on September 01, 2021, 09:41:23 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2021, 09:28:52 AM

Agree.

Totally. But there are one or two whom one assumes they would have wanted to move on who haven't.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

brightster

Quote from: bencher on September 01, 2021, 08:04:31 AM
Quote from: brightster on September 01, 2021, 07:50:09 AM
Good window, well done 👍.
Not too worried about RB / RWB, we got Denis and BDR can also fill in there, we have Sess still on the books.

Christie is also on the books. So is Fossey. Could Fossey get a look in?

I didn't mention those two as I think Silva has already said not part of his plans, think they can still be loaned out as that window hasn't shut yet. But if he can use either of them that's a bonus.

bencher

Quote from: brightster on September 01, 2021, 09:46:11 AM
Quote from: bencher on September 01, 2021, 08:04:31 AM
Quote from: brightster on September 01, 2021, 07:50:09 AM
Good window, well done 👍.
Not too worried about RB / RWB, we got Denis and BDR can also fill in there, we have Sess still on the books.

Christie is also on the books. So is Fossey. Could Fossey get a look in?

I didn't mention those two as I think Silva has already said not part of his plans, think they can still be loaned out as that window hasn't shut yet. But if he can use either of them that's a bonus.

I see that Fossey signed a new 2 year contract in June. He turns 23 in November. This is his best chance to get a crack at the first team. I haven't seen much of him but I know some on this board rate him highly.

junior white

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 01, 2021, 09:26:41 AM
Does anyone know if the loan window is closed now? or if that deadline is later

Also, can we still sell and/or loan players to countries (Turkey etc.) where the window is closing later?
I didn't think the loan window was open after the transfer window closed anymore, with the exception of emergency keeper loans.

Yes any country with a window still open can approach a club for their player