more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker Out

Started by Luka, May 23, 2021, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: ALG01 on May 23, 2021, 09:54:52 PM
what a load of rubbish spouted on thos thread.

i went to the game and what I saw was a team lacking quality. you copuld have played any tactics but the total abscence of quality was in evidence in abundance.
if you get the next manager and he plays a different style we are doomed to failure/
personally I think parker sets the team up in  a pragmatic manner getting lots from the squad. but we are men against boys, us being the boys.

It is total nonsense to blame the manager and I find may of the posts difficult to cope with from putprported honest hulham fans. that was not the opinion in the grround from real supporters.

Sorry, although I fall on the same side as you in this discussion, I was not at the game, and cannot attend anywhere near as many of most on this board, but I do consider myself an honest and real supporter, as I also do those that fall on the 'other' side of this discussion.

I consider all members on here as  Fulham fans at heart and should be permitted to say what they feel without being considered either dishonest or fake supporters.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Pluto

i went to the game and what I saw was a team lacking quality. you copuld have played any tactics but the total abscence of quality was in evidence in abundance.
if you get the next manager and he plays a different style we are doomed to failure/
personally I think parker sets the team up in  a pragmatic manner getting lots from the squad. but we are men against boys, us being the boys.

It is total nonsense to blame the manager and I find may of the posts difficult to cope with from putprported honest hulham fans. that was not the opinion in the grround from real supporters.

Oh come on. This is surely a wind up? The gap in the quality of the players between ourselves and the likes of Newcastle is not that high. To call these seasoned internationals - many of whom have commanded price tags of 20-30 million pounds "boys" is just ridiculous. In Areola we had probably the best keeper we have ever had. A French international in his prime who has played for Real Madrid and PSG. Probably in the top 3 in this division. Andersen is a 30m euro danish international centre back. He's the best we've had since Hangeland who will be in demand from Champions League teams this summer. A few others:

Tete - starting right back for Holland
Aina - 17 Nigeria caps, £10m from Chelsea in 2019
Robinson - Only nabbed him as his move to AC Milan fell through on medical grounds
Lookman - Leipzig paid £23m last year
Mitrovic - Championship Top Scorer 2020, Serbia all time top scorer. Banging in goals for country all season!
Anguissa - bossed the Spanish league. Cost £20m 2 seasons ago & worth more now. 27 Cameroon caps
Ream - 42 USA caps
Cav - we paid £15m for him
RLC - £150k per week wages, 10 England caps
Lemina - 18 international caps, former Juventus and cost Sthmpn £16m
Kongolo - another Dutch international who cost Huddersfield £20m (albeit injured most of the season)

For gods sake, Dwight Gayle came on for them today! The idea that we didn't have a squad capable of competing with the likes of Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton is ridiculous.

Matt10

This squad is more than capable, and the problem is they all benefit from direct play rather than sideways and backwards, defenders straight in your face (or in your back) attacking. Cav, despite his terrible miss, looked good on the LW spot, somewhere he hasn't played much at all this season - yet he scored some beauties for us in the championship from there. Lookman is one of our best players with the ball at his feet, yet we plug him on the left-hand side to obviously tuck in or wait for overlaps/underlaps. He should have been a CAM all season long, right behind the striker.

Someone is telling these players to pass the ball back to our centre-backs, AFTER we have already made it to the top of the opponent's box, and even inside their box. If it happens once, fine, but it happened 7 times in this match. That is taught, that is a mantra, it's embedded in you - and it makes our players cowards. Parker can shout from the sidelines all he wants, and over-coach all he wants, but he's done the club and players a complete disservice this season. I think he's an incredibly nice and personable individual, but he's all talk. The way he talks, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, like one of his nice coats - but then his tactics bore you to death with a straitjacket.

Parker out for me, and bring in someone who take advantage of the quality we do have - because there's loads. Get us a playmaker like a younger Johansen (or Johansen) ASAP.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on May 24, 2021, 12:51:55 AM
Parker in. The idea that we played bad football is insane. It wasn't good enough, but we dominated big time teams at times. Not enough Fulham fans actually watch the games. Too many are all wins and losses simple types.

And we were winless in 14 matches against the teams that finished 11th-17th. Six draws and eight losses.

Combine the two: That we were good enough to outplay some of the biggest sides but couldn't beat anyone closer to our level suggests to me that this season was a manager failure much more than a management failure. If we lacked so much class, how were we winning at Everton, Liverpool and Leicester?

Mr White

I don"t want to see Parker or that donkey CAV at my club any more ,there pathetic.

Allestree andy

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 23, 2021, 07:06:28 PM
I'll sign that petition!
so why dont we as supproters get S.K's P.A's email addrsss and send a courtious email explaining the reasons why we want him out and who the alternative is, that way im sure he will take note or am i barking up the wrong tree so to speak.
as for the football it so slow ,turgid, left to right then right to left, no penitration or use of the wingers we should be using our strengths, if the team i manged in sunday league football played the way parker plays the we would have finished bottom (before covid we won three divisions straight off by playing 4.4.2 with inverted wingers and playing attacking football with a creative midfilder and a flat back four sometime reverting to  three to allow the wingers more freedom.
To the limit and beyond

The Cravenette

You only need to look at Leeds to see what difference a great coach can make. Bielsa would have kept our squad up and had us playing better football.

On the other hand what would Parker have done with the Leeds squad........?

MartyFFC

Well I was there and am very much in the PARKER OUT camp. I must have arrived prior to the census you appear to have conducted at the turnstiles

clarkey

I was at the game and many many fans around me were totally critical of the awful selection, and tactics.There was plenty of booing, but generally the feeling what was the point ? No one was supporting Parker at all in any of the many discussions going on. They realised he has run his race and has been found wanting.

Whatever you think of the Khan's transfer policy the truth is undeniable that Parker has not been creative, detailed or clever with his selectionand setting up of the team. He has not improved any of the players and has done the reverse with many of th squad. They were not playing for him yesterday.

He was totally disconnected from the fans, made no attempt to come over and offer anything. Only Ream showed true leadership and a bit of style along wiht Tosin, Andersen and Tete but otherwise a very poor show.

As a fan you might feel the transfer policy has been flawed this season but no one can argue with the fact that we have been subject to terribly defensive tactics both last year and this, a lack of guile and craft and basically some really stupid decisions.

Yesterday why did we start with no striker ? Why was RLC brought on (to boos) why was Cav still selected, he missed an open goal for goodness sake but was awful all game. He played every minute.And why have Lookman and BDR isolated and stuck on the touchline, when we needed someone, anyone, in the middle during the first 60 minutes. It was a great summary of the last 30 games. Parker has just been bad. Accept it and move on.

The real debate is about the owners, not the manager no one could argue that Parker has been good in any shape or form.He can barely speak to explain his tactics.

blingo

Quote from: rebel on May 24, 2021, 09:14:32 AM
Please No:-

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/sir-alex-names-impressive-managers-24170621

Send me two bottles of that vin de plonk that Ferguson was drinking when he gave that interview.

Fulhamight

Scott is learning. His style of possession and playing out from the back is not unlike that of Manchester City. The difference is the quality of the players at his disposal. There is a line of thought that
if Mitro can't get goals then we have not been playing to his strengths and that the style of play does not suit him. Trouble is that there are not many who it would suit. Maybe academy or under 23 players who are growing up with the philosophy but they are not ready to take on the more experienced and physically stronger players in the Championship....yet. The chances have been made if you look at the stats and if you could add the goals that our play has deserved this season through better quality finishing ,then all of the calls about backwards, sideways etc would be forgotten, because we would have finished mid-table. It will be interesting to see how things pan out but for the clubs sake, we need to back or sack and then have a crack!

rebel

Quote from: Pluto on May 24, 2021, 02:31:55 AM

Oh come on. This is surely a wind up? The gap in the quality of the players between ourselves and the likes of Newcastle is not that high. To call these seasoned internationals - many of whom have commanded price tags of 20-30 million pounds "boys" is just ridiculous. In Areola we had probably the best keeper we have ever had. A French international in his prime who has played for Real Madrid and PSG. Probably in the top 3 in this division. Andersen is a 30m euro danish international centre back. He's the best we've had since Hangeland who will be in demand from Champions League teams this summer. A few others:

Robinson - Only nabbed him as his move to AC Milan fell through on medical grounds
Mitrovic - Championship Top Scorer 2020, Serbia all time top scorer. Banging in goals for country all season!
Anguissa - bossed the Spanish league. Cost £20m 2 seasons ago & worth more now. 27 Cameroon caps
Ream - 42 USA caps
Kongolo - another Dutch international who cost Huddersfield £20m (albeit injured most of the season)

For gods sake, Dwight Gayle came on for them today! The idea that we didn't have a squad capable of competing with the likes of Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton is ridiculous.

Neat post, Klopp, Guardiola could work wonders with those players. The thing is that those two managers want to win matches, rather then not lose matches. There is obviously a 'gulf' in experience. But Parker is in 'loop mode'.

RaySmith

Quote from: rebel on May 24, 2021, 09:49:56 AM
Quote from: Pluto on May 24, 2021, 02:31:55 AM

Ream - 42 USA caps

Neat post, Klopp, Guardiola could work wonders with those players. The thing is that those two managers want to win matches, rather then not lose matches. There is obviously a 'gulf' in experience. But Parker is in 'loop mode'.

This just shows what a competitive league the Prem is.

To  talk of what Klopp and Guardiola would do with these players is just unfounded hypothesis, because thy only work with top elite players.

We all thought Ranieri would do a good job at Fulham, after what he'd achieved at Leicester.

To compare us to Newcastle. Who do we have to compare as attacking, scoring players with St Maximin, Elmira, Wilson, or creatives like  Ritchie and Shelby? Willock, a top loan too.

I think we would have scored goals , and got points, under Parker with these players in the team, just as Bruce was criticised for being too defensive, and losing games without them - his team was transformed  getting these players back from injury.

As it was  came close in so many games, but just weren't able to put the  ball in the net, despite creating a lot of chances in most games.

Such players as Newcastle's, mean you can take attacking risks, throw men forward, knowing they will create so many chances, that some are bound to go in, and you don't have to worry so much about not conceding.

A crucial difference in the attacking quality of the two sides is shown by Gayle - who we really wanted and tried hard to get in the Jan window, offering him a high wage and  guaranteeing him fist team football, but he decided to go to Newcastle, where he was mostly on the bench , hardly featuring as final few minutes sub, even when their main strikers were still out injured.

Whereas, at Fulham, we would have been thrown straight into the first team, and been our main striker.

Lordedmundo

No offence mate - that really is a load of rubbish post. What does this even mean - 'you could have played any tactics', 'pragmatic manner getting lots from the squad' ! Come off it, Parker needs to go. He has basically learned nothing in the two and a bit seasons he has been in charge. How many years should we give him? As it stands he is taking us backwards, both in terms of attacking play, defending, tactics, in game management, player performance...

toshes mate

All hypotheses are simply theories and can be based on everything or nothing, and so to discount the simple fact that top managers have never had to deal with the problem of developing talent from nothing is a valid addition to a massively long list of attempts to explain why something didn't go the way the theory claimed it should have gone. 

Parker was given a much better balanced squad than possibly any other head coach/manager since the Khans took over from the off pitch professionals and determined that data is king.  He was even allowed to join in.  And wow what did that give us after so many false dawns.  A decent and fit defender or two, a very good goalkeeper, a half way decent fullback on the right flank, a possible future fullback for the left, a better version of Arter, and a couple of apparently disaffected attacking midfielders.  All that was needed was a coach capable of constructing a team for every third of a football pitch.  And that is where Parker has failed for three seasons now.  He can cope with up to two thirds of his job but I regret to say he is third rate defective.     

jayffc

This take has been rightly panned.
Vast majority of fulham fans I know are sick of the way we play. Many were frustrated last year and felt we got lucky pulling it out the bag at the death vs Brentford.

This team proved they are capable of competing, as mentioned many have had success before at a high level. This issue is for 2 years parker has struggled to organise a potent attack and how many times last season were we saying how we got bailed out by moments of individual brilliance.

I wanted so much for him to do well but he patently hasnt. Was the the least wins weve ever had in the prem? Weve definately had worse squads ... TK made mistakes but a better manager absolutely could have got more from that set of players.

TKs biggest mistake for me was extending parkers contract!

Twig

Quote from: clarkey on May 24, 2021, 09:12:07 AM
I was at the game and many many fans around me were totally critical of the awful selection, and tactics.There was plenty of booing, but generally the feeling what was the point ? No one was supporting Parker at all in any of the many discussions going on. They realised he has run his race and has been found wanting.

Whatever you think of the Khan's transfer policy the truth is undeniable that Parker has not been creative, detailed or clever with his selectionand setting up of the team. He has not improved any of the players and has done the reverse with many of th squad. They were not playing for him yesterday.

He was totally disconnected from the fans, made no attempt to come over and offer anything. Only Ream showed true leadership and a bit of style along wiht Tosin, Andersen and Tete but otherwise a very poor show.

As a fan you might feel the transfer policy has been flawed this season but no one can argue with the fact that we have been subject to terribly defensive tactics both last year and this, a lack of guile and craft and basically some really stupid decisions.

Yesterday why did we start with no striker ? Why was RLC brought on (to boos) why was Cav still selected, he missed an open goal for goodness sake but was awful all game. He played every minute.And why have Lookman and BDR isolated and stuck on the touchline, when we needed someone, anyone, in the middle during the first 60 minutes. It was a great summary of the last 30 games. Parker has just been bad. Accept it and move on.

The real debate is about the owners, not the manager no one could argue that Parker has been good in any shape or form.He can barely speak to explain his tactics.

If you were at the game, can I ask how you noticed that Andersen showed a bit of style?

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on May 24, 2021, 10:32:57 AM
All hypotheses are simply theories and can be based on everything or nothing, and so to discount the simple fact that top managers have never had to deal with the problem of developing talent from nothing is a valid addition to a massively long list of attempts to explain why something didn't go the way the theory claimed it should have gone. 

Parker was given a much better balanced squad than possibly any other head coach/manager since the Khans took over from the off pitch professionals and determined that data is king.  He was even allowed to join in.  And wow what did that give us after so many false dawns.  A decent and fit defender or two, a very good goalkeeper, a half way decent fullback on the right flank, a possible future fullback for the left, a better version of Arter, and a couple of apparently disaffected attacking midfielders.  All that was needed was a coach capable of constructing a team for every third of a football pitch.  And that is where Parker has failed for three seasons now.  He can cope with up to two thirds of his job but I regret to say he is third rate defective.     

When you say he was given a much better balanced sqaud can I ask who you would regard as the better striker(s) and the creative midfielder(s) in that squad?

To be clear, I have edged into the Parker should leave group but I think that far too many of the arguments and assertions are binary and absolute.  It's either all SP's fault or not his fault at all.  To my mind it's far more nuanced.  I don't think TK provided a decent balanced squad and neither did he get players in quickly enough (plus he was far too reliant on loanees). None of this was SP's fault.

However, it can't be denied that our style has been diifcult to watch and ineffective; we have persisted with Cav as a central striker and continued to play RLC long after it became obvious he wasn't improving post injury, our reliance on possession for the sake of it hasn't worked and we haven't shown signs of changing.  I could just about cope with a turgid style if it kept us up but it hasn't.  The lack of learning and adaptation is my biggest concern.  These things are SP's fault and for these reasons I fear he needs to move on.

Not sure if any replacement will fare much better under TK though!

colinwhite

Agreed