more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker Out

Started by Luka, May 23, 2021, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karlos

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on May 23, 2021, 08:16:30 PM
Well I am obviously in the minority here, but I cannot see Big Sam as a step in the right direction. I vote: keep Scott.

If and hopefully when Parker goes, it doesn't mean we get Big Sam

Jem

The trouble is the people who make the decision on parkers future know sweet fanny adams about football.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

MartyFFC

Bring back Kit Symons. At least we attempted the occasional forward pass

howitis

Quote from: SP on May 23, 2021, 07:13:42 PM
Looking at his body language I think he's gone.

Unfortunately having listened to his post match interview I think we have him at the helm for next season. Just shows how out of touch the Khans are with the feeling of the fans ...

SP

Quote from: howitis on May 23, 2021, 09:08:10 PM

Unfortunately having listened to his post match interview I think we have him at the helm for next season. Just shows how out of touch the Khans are with the feeling of the fans ...

Well done for enduring the post match interview, I couldn't stomach another one.  Time to enjoy the summer I think & try to forget about FFC for a while if that's possible.

ScalleysDad

Some of. That's very important as I do not know of anybody who follows the Club who simply says "Parker Out". One or two have a couple of ideas but most think it's time for a period of planning for the long term, a term that only SP seems to be familiar with and at this moment in time it makes the most sense.

BestOfBrede

You're mad in all honesty!
We have outplayed many a good premier team this year but just didn't have the quality/cutting edge or luck required.
Even today we dominated but had no striking threat.
We should have had a foul before they went up and scored their first and it was a dubious pen also.
Cav did miss a chance that really should have been just tapped in but for some reason he always tries high bending shots!
Lookman - well let's not go there - complete waste of space imo - falls over more than anything!

Carvalho looks the real deal and I don't think anyone can say that Ream wasn't excellent today!

Scott,if he gets the backing and a real forward, will become a very good manager and we should go back up easily.
Personally, I'm not sure I enjoy the Prem as it's completely biased towards the top few.

I'm looking forward to next season and hope that Scott is still the boss.
Too many here expect immediate results and billions to be spent- best look elsewhere if that's what you want?

If only we had signed a quick striker like Saha! Hopefully we can for next season!

But p,ease stop with the Fat Sam, Hodgson etc stuff - it ain't gonna happen!
Well I fkin hope not anyway!!

Pluto

Less than 10 points at home, 2 points in the last 10 ganes (during a crucial relegation run in), no goals from open play in 8 games. We have been a disgrace the second half of the season. The players go out there week in week out with no plan to score, no forward tactics, no intent to get the ball in the box. God knows what he does on the training ground all week. Add to that his baffling selections and in-game management - absolutely no redeeming qualities about how he's managed us this season, other than seeming like a decent bloke in interviews.

Im astonished at this point that there is anyone defending him. We had a squad good enough to stay up, Parker just had no idea what to do with it. I'm okay with relegation, but we needed to at least go down fighting.

ALG01

what a load of rubbish spouted on thos thread.

i went to the game and what I saw was a team lacking quality. you copuld have played any tactics but the total abscence of quality was in evidence in abundance.
if you get the next manager and he plays a different style we are doomed to failure/
personally I think parker sets the team up in  a pragmatic manner getting lots from the squad. but we are men against boys, us being the boys.

It is total nonsense to blame the manager and I find may of the posts difficult to cope with from putprported honest hulham fans. that was not the opinion in the grround from real supporters.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: ALG01 on May 23, 2021, 09:54:52 PM

i went to the game and what I saw was a team lacking quality. you copuld have played any tactics but the total abscence of quality was in evidence in abundance.
if you get the next manager and he plays a different style we are doomed to failure/
personally I think parker sets the team up in  a pragmatic manner getting lots from the squad. but we are men against boys, us being the boys.

It is total nonsense to blame the manager and I find may of the posts difficult to cope with from putprported honest hulham fans. that was not the opinion in the grround from real supporters.
0001.jpeg
Well said!

Woolly Mammoth

Absolutely spot on.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Luka

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 23, 2021, 10:39:25 PM

Absolutely spot on.

Parker had at his disposal some very good players.
We had serving international players, we had players who had in the last couple of seasons played in Champions league finals. We had one of the best keepers we have ever had and we had players who will be snapped up by top level clubs next season.
We also had some utter dross that he insisted on playing week in week out .

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Luka on May 23, 2021, 10:53:00 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 23, 2021, 10:39:25 PM

Absolutely spot on.

Parker had at his disposal some very good players.
We had serving international players, we had players who had in the last couple of seasons played in Champions league finals. We had one of the best keepers we have ever had and we had players who will be snapped up by top level clubs next season.
We also had some utter dross that he insisted on playing week in week out .

Yes indeed he had some very good players but perhaps not Premiership level and definitely not Premiership ready and for the most part complete strangers eight games in. We said at promotion 'strikers', we said preseason, 'strikers', we said at transfer window time, 'strikers'. Add quality striker options to the mix and perhaps we would not have had to watch the "dross" being played. I think the general consensus not too long ago was two or three loanees might get touted by the top eight but none of the others and certainly none of those promoted. Threadbare doesn't even come close.

Plodder

The incongruity of the caption (New) appearing alongside a thread titled "Parker Out".

I am still in favour of him staying.  I am not a "Parker fanboy" as one regular kindly called me, nor do I need to "defend" him, nor do I need "explain myself".  He makes decisions I disagree with, but so does every manager.  If you think someone could do better, you'll be in favour of replacing him.  If you think he can oversee a promotion campaign next season, you'll be in favour of keeping him.

HobGoblin

Please explain what real supporters are? People whom say the same as you. Other supporters with a different opinion aren't real supporters? Get of your pedestal. We all support the club regardless of opinion on the manager. You come on here giving it "your opinion" is better than others. You know all the supportes at the ground were happy with parker football? You asked them all?

No you didn't. There are many, myself inculded who find the football served up turgid and negative.

The team we had could have delivered and coming out with the no other manager could have kept us up attitude, parker is best is quite frankly a bottle job attitude. We have played with a slow lacklustre style the entire season and played the same last season. Leaving out strikers from the team in many games is inexcusable.

Caedal

I'm sorry, but if the club has paid 30m for a striker and you refuse to both play them and when you do feel forced to play them, totally ignore their strengths then that's a manager issue. You can't hope to replace an entire squad during an offseason. You have to have players from the promoted squad step up to the next level. Simply none of the promoted players, bar Reed and BDR performed at premiership level.

You can say that's a quality issue with the squad, but you also have to set the team up for success. Giving that ridiculous negative press conference before the first game of the season didn't help.
Constantly playing players out of position didn't help.
Making 5-6 changes every week didn't help.
Playing players who weren't performing constantly didn't help.
Never changing tactics or formation based upon the opposition didn't help.
Refusing to play strikers didn't help.
Generally refusing to try and win games didn't help.
Overplaying at the back and giving teams easy chances didn't help.
Making baffling substitutions and always reactionary ones rather than proactive ones didn't help
Bringing on a billion defenders when winning by one goal and handing impetus to the other team didn't help
Coaching any attacking intent out of players didn't help

But yeah we won at Anfield so he's done a great job

Statto

I said all along we needed to stop sacking managers mid-season and in any case wanted to give Parker a decent chance but now the season is over and he's come up short IMO.

The target last season was promotion and he achieved that but only in the most narrowest and luckiest of circumstances. This season the target was 17th and he's missed that by 11 points which is abject failure really.

Yes I blame TK more than anyone for the way this season has panned out but even with the handicap that gave us, a better manager could have scraped 17th or come a lot closer IMO.

In particular, the utter capitulation from around March along with the failure to get anything out of our best striker (or even Hector) indicates to me a terrible failure of man management which really was supposed to be his USP. I also agree with others that whilst he made us look defensively sound for a while, it didn't last and came at the expense of it being totally unenjoyable to watch.

It's now a no brainer IMO. Parker out, ASAP. 

Logicalman

I do cringe when I read this kind of thing on a board.
I'm not sure where the evidence for this lies concerning even the majority of fans on this board, let alone worldwide! It's not those who shout the loudest, or write the most disparaging things about SP, that counts. Just from looking at the responses on this thread alone shows there is a definite split in the discussion, I always encourage people to speak their minds but please, refrain from claiming anything on behalf of all fans, because I, for one of many on this board, do not agree with you, or the OP.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Andy S

I've weighed up all the comments above and say that Parker should have managed his last Fulham game. Whether that will be the case I don't know but relegation is as low as you can go in one season in the uk

Lyle from Hangeland

Parker in. The idea that we played bad football is insane. It wasn't good enough, but we dominated big time teams at times. Not enough Fulham fans actually watch the games. Too many are all wins and losses simple types.