News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the obsession on here about Eddie Howe?

Started by blingo, May 29, 2021, 08:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

He went through the bottom divisions with Bournemouth then got relegated? I don't get it. :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:

MartyFFC

Top half of the table finish in the PL, playing an attractive brand of football that included forward passes and scoring goals. Plus winning the championship title, scoring 98 goals in the process. Were it not for the failure of goal line technology, they wouldn't have even been relegated

roberto w6

Just as important as his time(s) at Bournemouth, it's worth looking at what happened when he went to Burnley. It was hardly earth shattering. I think they were 1 or 2 places shy of the play-offs when he went but after his first season finished bottom half.

I think we could do better tbh.

Has he been on garden leave or is it just he hasn't been fancied by anyone this season? If the latter, may be we should take note. If he's the superstar many think, surely he'd have had more attention than Celtic in the last year...

jarv

I read that he overspent in his last year (or two). Still got relegated so was a failure. Fulham does not need a manger who spends  a lot of money on poor players. We have already done that.

Penfold

Quote from: jarv on May 29, 2021, 12:08:43 PM
I read that he overspent in his last year (or two). Still got relegated so was a failure. Fulham does not need a manger who spends  a lot of money on poor players. We have already done that.

Whereas we have a hopeless DoF who overspent

Finnans Right Peg

Success for every club will come and go and we will have seasons that are better than other seasons and I'm ok with that but at least  with Eddie howe there is a better chance of us been a bit more entertained than what we are at the minute

Dunstable Fulham

You only have to look at his record. He took Bournemouth through the divisions playing attractive attacking football and then kept them in the Premiership for five seasons. They were unlucky to get relegated last season and but for a very poor goal line technology decision would have stayed up. Very attack minded - score lots of goals - good to watch - look at his bench decisions - always attach minded - invariably 442 even against the top 6 in the Premier League particularly at home.
My worry would be the relationship with TK. Howe had total control at Bournemouth and made all the decisions. I'm sure he would want to work in a similar environment.
If he got supported properly by the DOF I think we would all be excited about watching Fulham again and the crowds would be flocking to the cottage even in the championship - COVID permitting.
I do have inside, first hand knowledge of how he works.
Some of the negative posts above are ridiculous.

perry geyton

Pluto

Crazy post...He took Bournemouth, a club with a ground capacity of 11,000 to the top division and kept them there as a solid mid-table side for five seasons, only finally being relegated because of some appalling injury luck and bad refereeing decisions. All that time playing some really exciting attacking football that was great to watch, and developing players.

And you would rather have Scott Parker, who has been relegated in every premier league season he has managed?  1500.gif

HobGoblin

Howe over Parker every day of the week, every week of the year. Guy plays attack based footie not tap sideways crab footie

Karlos

The obsession is under Eddie Howe we might enjoy watching our team play forward rather than be frustrated with backwards football

Statto

Quote from: Pluto on May 29, 2021, 11:14:30 PM
a club with a ground capacity of 11,000

He spent a fortune in the PL, where the vast majority of clubs' revenue comes from TV money rather than gate receipts so the ground size was hardly a handicap

IMO his record shows he could achieve our primary objective of getting back into the PL but perhaps not our longer-term objective of consolidating and spending another 13+ years there like we did before the Khans. what happened at Bournemouth shows he has a ceiling IMO.

But there is no rule to say we cannot bring him in, stick with him for 2-3 years then part ways and look for someone else to take us to the next level, like Wolves have just done with Nuno.

And the bottom line for me is, is he a better option than Parker? Yes, as a tactician he is in a different league.

PaulJ123

Eddie Howe has proven he's significantly better than Parker. It's an absolute no brainer between them.

#HoweIn

H4usuallysitting

Lordedmundo

grandad

Howe in Heavens name would we want Howe? We have a manager/ Head Coach. We need some continuity. DOF is a different matter.
Where there's a will there's a wife

perry geyton

Quote from: grandad on May 30, 2021, 01:29:23 PM
Howe in Heavens name would we want Howe? We have a manager/ Head Coach. We need some continuity. DOF is a different matter.

Because Grandad our current manager/head coach hasn't the foggiest on how to play proper forward thinking/ attacking football