watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jadon Sancho is much better than Saka

Started by Nick Bateman, July 10, 2021, 02:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Southgate should play Dortmund's Jadon Sancho the £80million target for Manchester United ahead of Bukayo Saka against Italy.

Saka was a breath of fresh air in his first game making positive runs as opposed to the rest of the teams negative passing around at the back, ad nauseum. Because of that display he kept his place, despite Southgate initial plan to rest Foden for the Germany game.

Foden ended up being demoted omitted for 3 matches while Saka has noticeably faded in each game. Jadon Sancho had one appearance in that sequence and impressed everyone, yet he has also been relegated to the bench.

I believe Sancho has more ability and experience than Saka and would pose a greater threat versus the Italians and I would make him first choice in a game of this magnitude. Saka was losing the ball on the edge of our box in the last match and I think his 19 year-old nerves are starting to tell.

The question is whether Southgate has the guts to make a change - he only made 1 substitution in the whole 90 minutes V Denmark.

Also Gareth is hindered by an interfering number 2 in Steve Holland. I have not seen any country in the world have a more meddlesome second-in-charge than Chelsea's Holland the man the FA imposed upon Southgate. He sometimes races off from the dug out to nag our manager with hand or paper card over his motor-mouth verbals telling Gareth which player MUST be subbed now because of some incredulous insight that only a number 2 can have.

One hopes Southgate has figured out his so-called assistant's cognitive short comings and his bias to certain London clubs (and hatred of others) and makes his own mind up when he picks the 11 to face Italy.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Somerset Fulham

You do know that we have reached a final for the first time in over 50 years, right?

filham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 10, 2021, 03:23:31 PM
You do know that we have reached a final for the first time in over 50 years, right?
Yes but we are relying on Sterling to provide the spark in attack. I think Grealish should be given more time on the pitch.

AJW48361

Sancho slightly disappoints me in a England Shirt but if selected tomorrow would loved to be proved wrong.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: AJW48361 on July 10, 2021, 06:24:52 PM
Sancho slightly disappoints me in a England Shirt but if selected tomorrow would loved to be proved wrong.
Disappoints me too.
I thought he was really poor in the game he did play.

The Rock

This is a fair post. Saka has been the weakest link these last few matches. I can understand if Southgate doesn't want to ruin a good thing though.

In that same aspect, Grealish can't start. He IS the super sub. He's Southgate's ace in the hole and depending on what is needed he can wear many hats and his pure strength means he can play his part where needed. He is more important for this role, almost MOTM at point because of it as well. I went back and watched him when we beat Villa at Wembley, and he's improved as well.

Pluto

The more important switch is Henderson in for Phillips, who was really poor in the last match in my view.

Woolly Mammoth

What it does highlight is Englands strength in depth. We have match winners and match savers all along the bench as well as in the starting eleven.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.