watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR (or is it?) London Ulez charges

Started by Kimbleman, July 31, 2021, 03:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbleman

Just a heads up for the many supporters that drive in from the suburbs (or further afield).

New charges coming in from October (Ulez) and many older vehicles will have to pay the Mayor of London £12.50 for the privilege of driving into this zone (and friends, our ground and surroundings are well inside it).

Pop your registration into the website below and check if your trip to watch the boys is going to cost you yet more.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/

Even my 2014 Freelander 2 is non compliant and will cost me £12.50 to drive inside the zone.

Somerset Fulham

Does it affect Fulham and the surrounds?

Kimbleman

Somerset Fulham

Bloody hell, I've clearly lived in the sticks for too long!

Cheers for the headsup.

Donnie Lonegan

No sympathy for anyone who voted for the current mayor.

Somerset Fulham

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Somerset Fulham

Blimey! That has certainly... extended!

arnieb

Are you sure it's not the congestion charge you're liable for.I've got a 2015 Auris which is exempt from ULEZ but initially I thought I was liable but it was the congestion charge was what I was looking at as they're both on there.

Kimbleman

Just pop your registration number into the website and it will tell you if you have to pay. I don't think it's anything to do with congestion but emmisions.

finknottle

It's based on emissions so varies massively for petrol and diesel cars. Petrol cars from Jan 2006 should be fine but diesel cars need to be after September 2015.

snarks

I also found they've increased the parking charges on the other side of the Fulham Palace Road, up to £3.00 per half hour from £1.30 pre pandemic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Can I just point out, that this isn't really the fault of the mayor. This is all part of the tory bail out of tfl. They're the ones that tacked the C charge and ULEZ extention to the previous deal. To blame sadiq is short sighted and exactly what the tories want.

Woolly Mammoth

Hello......Who left the door open for Jeremy Corbyn to walk in  ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Hatch007

Quote from: finknottle on July 31, 2021, 06:20:27 PM
It's based on emissions so varies massively for petrol and diesel cars. Petrol cars from Jan 2006 should be fine but diesel cars need to be after September 2015.
I have a 2018 petrol car and according to the link my registration is liable for a £15 charge 🙄

shepperton white

I am sorry but in my mind it's just another money raising scheme.  I bought what was considered an eco friendly Renault - I only pay £20 a year road tax, but still is elez chargeable.
It one the contributing factors of my (very sadly) giving up my ST

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 01, 2021, 07:45:16 AM
Can I just point out, that this isn't really the fault of the mayor. This is all part of the tory bail out of tfl. They're the ones that tacked the C charge and ULEZ extention to the previous deal. To blame sadiq is short sighted and exactly what the tories want.

Can I point out this was part of a tfl/mayor consultation, going back to 2017/18..... Regrettably as a cabby, I have to deal with tfl every day..... Don't get me wrong, I don't favour any political party..... If you get bored have a look at the consultations & road closures tfl/ mayor have planned....The London Assembly are another bunch on the gravy train

finknottle

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 01, 2021, 08:07:14 AM
Quote from: finknottle on July 31, 2021, 06:20:27 PM
I have a 2018 petrol car and according to the link my registration is liable for a £15 charge 🙄

That's the central London congestion charge. Completely different and won't affect you driving to Fulham.

bobby01

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 01, 2021, 09:07:14 AM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 01, 2021, 07:45:16 AM

Can I point out this was part of a tfl/mayor consultation, going back to 2017/18..... Regrettably as a cabby, I have to deal with tfl every day..... Don't get me wrong, I don't favour any political party..... If you get bored have a look at the consultations & road closures tfl/ mayor have planned....The London Assembly are another bunch on the gravy train

As h4 says this is a Khan decision, mainly to bail out how disgracefully tfl has been run under his watch. I have pulled all my work from London and had to lay off 3 drivers, it is not economically viable to run a delivery business there anymore, the fees charged and the time it takes to get around is now ridiculous. I don't care who is mayor but the way tfl runs will kill London. Regarding consultations they show them lip service but do what they want anyway as the result of consultation is not binding.
I feel for you h4, I have never in my life seen as many black cabs queuing for business on ranks as there ar now, it must be really hard for you now.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.