watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry, That was Disappointing!

Started by WindyCity, August 08, 2021, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Fulhamish.  Need to do much better than that.  Very disappointing result in my view....

(At least they didn't give up the one point at the very end)

FFC In Oz

Didn't take long for old Fulham habits to re-emerge.

Kebano and Robinson aren't good enough.

Mitro was miles off the pace.

The sooner Kamara goes the better.

For those of you who were expecting promotion (not me), this result shows that there is a HEAP of work to be done.

Yes, we were missing our first choice midfield trio, but there were more than enough opportunities for us to win this game.  As soon as we conceded (again, typical Fulham after dominating the game), old habits emerged.  Giving away free after free, inviting pressure, and losing any semblance of structure going forward.

FFC1987

Let's face it, we have much better players for the middle of the park and it showed for spells. Nee frontman and some players back from injury and we'll look better. But that was bloody toothless. We just about created enough to win this game but between Young Cav and Mitro, they cost us today.

Tabby

Looked pretty good up until the goal, then I think the game was given away a bit by removing Francois and leaving the entire centre of midfield to Onomah.

My positives is mainly Francois, that Wilson looked dangerous and general movement. Onomah was also decent when he wasn't holding in the centre. Carvalho making very good runs.

davew

Promotion favourites, really, not based on what I watched!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Caedal

Disappointing results. You can see what Silva is trying to do. Still early days on the install. Work to do in the transfer market. CM and ST are musts, as the club obviously knows with the players linked.

Boro was a classic Warnock team, and just had a bit more savvy at this level.

We should sell Mitrovic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Tabby on August 08, 2021, 03:34:17 PM
Looked pretty good up until the goal, then I think the game was given away a bit by removing Francois and leaving the entire centre of midfield to Onomah.

My positives is mainly Francois, that Wilson looked dangerous and general movement. Onomah was also decent when he wasn't holding in the centre. Carvalho making very good runs.

Agree with this view. Francois did well by and large, but I do think he was most culpable for leaving Bola unmarked.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Why does everyone forget Ream's contribution? His passing today had a sense of urgency and he hardly put a foo5 wrong.
We nearly lost that game because Silva put on too many forwards and we really lost our shape .

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 08, 2021, 03:36:05 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 08, 2021, 03:34:17 PM

Agree with this view. Francois did well by and large, but I do think he was most culpable for leaving Bola unmarked.

He was.

Still, CDM probably isn't his position.   I thought he did well as long as Boro wasn't putting pressure on us.

Definitely felt this was 2 points dropped.

Onomah is focused on the attack.  He's too cumbersome to be expected to boss a midfield when he doesn't have the ball at his feet.

WindyCity

Just a couple of positives to glean from this outing.  Wilson and Carvalho looked good and helped move the attack forward.  FFC did have some nice pushes forward but yet again as in past recent seasons were very poor in the final third.  But there is some measure of hope that can be improved. 

Does Ream know what to do with the ball when he has clear possession?  It seems Boro just let him have wide open spaces with the ball, I assume figuring on a Ream turnover.  His passing very poor and seems unsure what to do with the ball.  Just an observation, not trying to totally slag off Ream, but he's played a lot of football in his career and he should be making better passes.

Lighthouse

The outcome was predictable. Boro one shot on target and scores. Overall while there was nothing bad and plenty of good points. The fact remains, Mitro is two seasons passed his best and with a better strike force we would home a hosed. But Boro are a typical Championship[ side that will bombard you andmake life difficuilt. But nothing there to make me feel too upset.

But sadly the same old predictable story.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SG

Quote from: davew on August 08, 2021, 03:35:42 PM

You know as well as I do one game, the first of the season is not a benchmark for the season. We looked in control, we're the better team and played some nice stuff in spells but needed the second goal, which in truth never really looked like coming. Typically we then let them back in with their only shot and are left disjointed and hanging on.

sonnyjim

Ream shouldn't of been making those forward passes and runs so much as he was today. Is that because we're missing players like Anguissa and Reed? Don't know. Not quite sure why we have a centre back acting as a playmaker though. Just pass the ball and get back in your position.

Harry Wilson looks like he could be a very good player for us, Mitrovic, I didn't think he looked good at all today. He looked the same as last season, too slow to be effective. I think we need someone with more pace up front.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: davew on August 08, 2021, 03:35:42 PM

Haha... you've only watched one game. There is 45 more to go and you'll be singing a different tune after their promotion to the Premier League.

Fulham 442

Quote from: FFC In Oz on August 08, 2021, 03:33:41 PM

For those of you who were expecting promotion (not me), this result shows that there is a HEAP of work to be done.

Yes, we were missing our first choice midfield trio, but there were more than enough opportunities for us to win this game.  As soon as we conceded (again, typical Fulham after dominating the game), old habits emerged.  Giving away free after free, inviting pressure, and losing any semblance of structure going forward.
Agree with this.  Thought Francois should have been subbed earlier.

H3Matt

Mitro, both fullbacks, Tosin and Onomah were massive disappointments today. I'd be quite happy to never see Onomah on the team sheet again. Subs were weird. We finished the game with 1 CM on the pitch and Seri still on the bench. If this is a sign of things to come I'd be more worried about top 6 rather than automatics.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: sonnyjim on August 08, 2021, 03:45:52 PM
Ream shouldn't of been making those forward passes and runs so much as he was today. Is that because we're missing players like Anguissa and Reed? Don't know. Not quite sure why we have a centre back acting as a playmaker though. Just pass the ball and get back in your position.

Harry Wilson looks like he could be a very good player for us, Mitrovic, I didn't think he looked good at all today. He looked the same as last season, too slow to be effective. I think we need someone with more pace up front.

Modern, continental football (not any English variety of football) requires ball playing centre backs who can play balls out of the back and step or run forward with the ball if needs be.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 08, 2021, 03:46:20 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on August 08, 2021, 03:33:41 PM

Agree with this.  Thought Francois should have been subbed earlier.

I agree.

Problem is the only other mid on the bench was Seri.

I'm of the opinion that if he's still here we should give him a chance, but our midfield today was extremely lightweight.

Tabby

It doesn't take a lot for some to start doom-mongering does it?

colinwhite

Good perfromance and Boro got lucky. Wilson very impressive and 2 young boys are quality . Give it time Silva will get there.Ream excellent today and to criticise that performance is beyond me.