more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa πŸ™„

Started by perry geyton, August 08, 2021, 05:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Who has exused him?

Requesting a transfer does not equate to going on strike in my book, just admit that you made this whole refusing to play thing up.

Because you did.

bobbo

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2021, 05:03:55 PM
Saying we have 7 CMs is totally misleading.

We have two CMs who will only just play 46 games between them (Cairney and Reed)

We have Onomah who's arguably not the standard we need if the target is top two

We have one CM who hasn't played a game for us in over two years (Seri)

We have another CM we can't use, as yesterday demonstrates (Anguissa)

We have two youth players who can play CM... just like we have several layers of youth cover in every position theoretically

So for all intents and purposes we have one quality CM (Reed + Cairney = 1) and one backup CM (Onomah)Β 

We ain't getting promoted with that
spot on
1975 just leaving home full of hope

The Old Count

But who has beans on toast every day?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: perry geyton on August 10, 2021, 01:35:20 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 10, 2021, 12:45:09 AM
Got to say I'm with Perry. Saying you don't want to do something in this context is effectively the same as refusing to do it. No manager is going to pick a player who's said he doesn't want to play, because it means they'll probably play crap and be a miserable sod which will bring the other players down.
Can't believe this lot are excusing him, just can't admit their wrong
F him
And that type of behavior is Toxic in and around the dressing room

Precisely and fractures the dressing room and divides players, undermines the management and erodes team spirit.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MartyFFC

I'll be more than than pleased if we can get 21.5 million for him, irrespective of whether having a bad attitude and wanting to leave is technically refusing to play or not.

FulhamStu

Has always been a player I thought had excellent ability, his attitude is however consistently poor and you do get the feeling that he plays on his own terms.Β  Not tracking back especially early on in his Fulham career was evidence of this.Β  Generally plays at about 70% which is frustrating as hell.Β  With the right attitude and giving 100% every game, he would be a world beater.Β  Be interesting to know how he is thought of by the players in the changing room with him.Β  Anyway, we move on and I now hope we sell rather than loan, i have defended him in the past and he has let me down.

Count Flapula

Regardless of is he refusing to play/donesn't want to play so Silva not picking him, either way it's poor from him and a huge disappointment. If he wants to go, fine - i've no doubt the club are also willing to move him on so all on the same page - but we're paying his wages so at least have the professionalism and basic integrity make yourself available / put in the effort until an offer has been accepted.

Taking this stance also diminishes our bargaining chips when it comes to his sale price as it's common knowledge he's not playing as he wants out, so this stance could also cost us much-needed money. He should also have the self-awareness to see that this reflection on his character might also put off some managers / prospective clubs.

I've always thought there is a good player in there with high potential, but the sooner he is someone else's responsbility to unlock it and we can use the sale fee to buy good players who want to be here, the better.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: perry geyton on August 09, 2021, 11:12:14 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 08:01:11 PM
I agree that he probably is off, thats not really up for debate - we mostly all think the same in that respect.

However, I (and others) have found zero links to support your claim though, which is....strange, but there we are.

I'll leave it there.

https://theathletic.com/news/anguissa-left-out-of-fulhams-draw-with-middlesbrough-due-to-desire-to-leave/yhUR6ywExKEP

Well there you have it Sumerset, Twig, bestofBrede, simply fulham, cookieG etc etc

I'll be waiting for apologies from the lot of you
And don't be changing your tune like Sumersets already done

Not sure why I should be apologising Perry?
I asked where you read this and you couldn't tell us.

You don't like the player that's obvious, but to state something as fact from someone's post on the internet is just wrong. The athletic - what's that as a factual site?

I'm not particularly bothered if he leaves, but was more concerned about truth in the statement that he refused to play!

MickyAdamsFamily

But it says in that story that it was Silva's choice to leave him out of the squad, as he has a policy of not including players that aren't in it for the long haul. It is nowhere stated or implied that Anguissa refused to play or said he wouldn't play or downed tools. Those are very different things.

colinwhite

looks like the sooner he goes the better,and i rate him

WolverineFFC

Quote from: General on August 10, 2021, 12:05:22 AM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 09, 2021, 11:38:40 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on August 09, 2021, 08:33:33 PM
I was reading that he's apparently off to Aston Villa for 21.5 million, which would explain his absence from the squad

I hope that figure is true. Would get his 9 million or so amortization off the books along with 3 million in salary. By my math the club also books a 12 million profit. Could be enough to get Grimes, Muniz, and hopefully another CM without having to gut more of the squad for FFP.

Grimes has no guaranteed ability to perform in the premiership and neither does muniz. Everyone seems so keen to get rid of zambo when his stats when he did play last season were actually very good. Going up our biggest issue was having an entire squad good enough to stay up, we need players already who can make the step up.

I just wish we had last seasons defence and the slavisa seasons forward line of babel and schurrle and then a proper decent CM pairing. Would still be up now I reckon.

I'm not keen to get rid of him, just realistic. The club need to sell somebody for FFP. FZA makes the most sense for many reasons and I don't think he will increase the club's chances of promotion this season much anyhow.

As for Grimes, etc. The club is not currently in the Premiership, so whether players can or cannot perform there is irrelevant. You need to improve the squad for this season and if you are fortunate enough to be promoted, add those better quality players then.

cookieg

Quote from: perry geyton on August 09, 2021, 11:19:53 PM
Quote from: cookieg on August 09, 2021, 11:15:58 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 09, 2021, 11:12:14 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 08:01:11 PM
I agree that he probably is off, thats not really up for debate - we mostly all think the same in that respect.

However, I (and others) have found zero links to support your claim though, which is....strange, but there we are.

I'll leave it there.

https://theathletic.com/news/anguissa-left-out-of-fulhams-draw-with-middlesbrough-due-to-desire-to-leave/yhUR6ywExKEP

Well there you have it Sumerset, Twig, Bredes leg etc....

A nice apology from every single one of you would be nice...

Perhaps it would have been easier if you had posted the link yourself and a lot earlier.

And there's the first excuse and not an apology in sight ?
2 + 2 =

Well that is one excuse you could have used or you could have said "sorry lads I read somewhere that Anguissa blah blah blah I'd a few drinks but I will go back through my browser find the link and post it". But you didn't and someone else had to bail you out. Not really a good thread to start if you don't have the link or facts to back up what you are saying.

blingo

Oh dear Piri, you've been sussed out hahahahahahahaha

Herbie

I do wonder whether some journos look at threads like this on forums to create articles and then claim "sources said".Β 

However, I wouldn't have put The Athletic in that category, so maybe there is something to him not being in the squad.Β 

That being said, I don't believe that Anguissa refused to play, rather it was a case of there is a clear understanding between all parties that he's keen to move on.Β 

clarkey

The player we missed the most on Sunday was Harrison Reid.

Too often Ream brought the ball out of defence and had to play a 40 yard ball, when I would rather he was playing 10-15 yard balls to Reid. Yep StefJo would have been useful for sure. But Reid will make us look really good, especially with Cavalho and Wilson.

But we do need cover and it is obvs that Anguissa can play if we can convince him to stay.Trouble is he can easily go on the sick list atΒ  a moment's notice.So only Silva can make the call.

JimOG

Quote from: clarkey on August 10, 2021, 01:26:51 PM
The player we missed the most on Sunday was Harrison Reid.

Too often Ream brought the ball out of defence and had to play a 40 yard ball, when I would rather he was playing 10-15 yard balls to Reid. Yep StefJo would have been useful for sure. But Reid will make us look really good, especially with Cavalho and Wilson.

But we do need cover and it is obvs that Anguissa can play if we can convince him to stay.Trouble is he can easily go on the sick list atΒ  a moment's notice.So only Silva can make the call.

I think Zambo going suits both parties. We need to raise monies because of FFP , he probably wants out. If Reed stays and we get Grimes we'll have a very good DM

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on August 10, 2021, 01:00:24 PM

Quite the opposite Bongo

Has Zambo buggered off yet I just woke up ?

FFC1987

I really rate Anguissa. I was annoyed we let him go last time in championship, albeit, its understandable, but if the reports are true, I don't like the guys attitude. He's been part and parcel of our failure so if I was in his shoes, I'd want to be part of the solution and muck in and get us back up. If champions league clubs come calling, then I get it to some extent, but if it's a matter of 'I just want to play in any elite league with any elite club' and this was what he was like last time (I don't know if that was the case or not), then I'd prefer to see the back of him and wish him well wherever he winds up.

Like the reports have suggested in Silva's thinking, he only wants committed players at the club and I think that's sensible.

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on August 10, 2021, 03:52:31 PM
Quote from: blingo on August 10, 2021, 01:00:24 PM

Quite the opposite Bongo

Has Zambo buggered off yet I just woke up ?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

millsy

This is getting boring. Please move this prima Donna on and try to recruit a couple of proper footballers, who will fight for the cause!