So you made it up?
2 + 2 = ?

Get it into your head
Him and his agent think he's too good for the championship
It lowers his stock

As I said time will tell
If I'm wrong I'll own it

cookieg

I wonder if this thread will last as long as the Cooper is our next manager thread.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: perry geyton on August 09, 2021, 05:44:08 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 04:50:07 PM
So you made it up?
2 + 2 = ?

Get it into your head
It lowers his stock

As I said time will tell
If I'm wrong I'll own it

Don't move the goal posts. You stated that your saw somewhere that he had refused to play yesterday.

My question to you is, did you make that up?

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 06:26:40 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 09, 2021, 05:44:08 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 04:50:07 PM
So you made it up?
2 + 2 = ?

Get it into your head
It lowers his stock

As I said time will tell
If I'm wrong I'll own it

Don't move the goal posts. You stated that your saw somewhere that he had refused to play yesterday.

My question to you is, did you make that up?
No of coarse I didn't make it up, I read it in a few places not paper articles, plus 2 + 2 logic cos that's worth more to me these days
It was 5AM and I was on the couch slightly hung over waiting for the game to kick off, excuse me if I don't remember every exact detail I was scouring the internet wondering why he wasn't in the starting line up all of a sudden after starting the last pre season friendly

Like I said take him or leave him, I've never rated him as much as many do on here, infact I'd go as far to say he's been a hindrance to our team since he's been around,

Saying that I felt a season in the championship could of been exactly what he needs to become a better player, but so be it no great loss I'd take Matt Grimes a player that wants to be here all day long,

Like I said time will tell but it seems to me that you are in complete denial of the fact that he'll more then likely go.

Now it's a waiting game but I'm sure he's a gonner

Somerset Fulham

I agree that he probably is off, thats not really up for debate - we mostly all think the same in that respect.

However, I (and others) have found zero links to support your claim though, which is....strange, but there we are.

I'll leave it there.

MartyFFC

I was reading that he's apparently off to Aston Villa for 21.5 million, which would explain his absence from the squad

JoelH5

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 09, 2021, 08:33:33 PM
I was reading that he's apparently off to Aston Villa for 21.5 million, which would explain his absence from the squad

I think we rejected a bid for more than that abroad last week. Why would we sell to a team we could hopefully play next season?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 08:01:11 PM
I agree that he probably is off, thats not really up for debate - we mostly all think the same in that respect.

However, I (and others) have found zero links to support your claim though, which is....strange, but there we are.

I'll leave it there.

https://theathletic.com/news/anguissa-left-out-of-fulhams-draw-with-middlesbrough-due-to-desire-to-leave/yhUR6ywExKEP

Well there you have it Sumerset, Twig, bestofBrede, simply fulham, cookieG etc etc

I'll be waiting for apologies from the lot of you
And don't be changing your tune like Sumersets already done

cookieg

Quote from: perry geyton on August 09, 2021, 11:12:14 PM

I'll leave it there.

https://theathletic.com/news/anguissa-left-out-of-fulhams-draw-with-middlesbrough-due-to-desire-to-leave/yhUR6ywExKEP

Well there you have it Sumerset, Twig, Bredes leg etc....

A nice apology from every single one of you would be nice...

Perhaps it would have been easier if you had posted the link yourself and a lot earlier.

perry geyton

Quote from: cookieg on August 09, 2021, 11:15:58 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 09, 2021, 11:12:14 PM

I'll leave it there.

Well there you have it Sumerset, Twig, Bredes leg etc....

A nice apology from every single one of you would be nice...

Perhaps it would have been easier if you had posted the link yourself and a lot earlier.

And there's the first excuse and not an apology in sight ?
2 + 2 =

Somerset Fulham

Thats because you're not getting one for basically lying to everybody.  That link has only just surfaced, so it's not the one that you read yesterday.

We all knew he would be going, people have even said that on this very thread. What still hasn't been written anywhere is that he refused to play, I don't know why you made that up, but you did.

WolverineFFC

I hope that figure is true. Would get his 9 million or so amortization off the books along with 3 million in salary. By my math the club also books a 12 million profit. Could be enough to get Grimes, Muniz, and hopefully another CM without having to gut more of the squad for FFP.

General

Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 09, 2021, 11:38:40 PM

I hope that figure is true. Would get his 9 million or so amortization off the books along with 3 million in salary. By my math the club also books a 12 million profit. Could be enough to get Grimes, Muniz, and hopefully another CM without having to gut more of the squad for FFP.

Grimes has no guaranteed ability to perform in the premiership and neither does muniz. Everyone seems so keen to get rid of zambo when his stats when he did play last season were actually very good. Going up our biggest issue was having an entire squad good enough to stay up, we need players already who can make the step up.

I just wish we had last seasons defence and the slavisa seasons forward line of babel and schurrle and then a proper decent CM pairing. Would still be up now I reckon.

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 09, 2021, 11:37:27 PM
Thats because you're not getting one for basically lying to everybody.  That link has only just surfaced, so it's not the one that you read yesterday.

We all knew he would be going, people have even said that on this very thread. What still hasn't been written anywhere is that he refused to play, I don't know why you made that up, but you did.

It says in that exact link that "he did not play due to his desire to leave the club"

What more do you want ? Anguisssa to come knock on your door and tell you personally ?

Own it Summerset that's all I ask

simplyfulham

Quote from: perry geyton on August 10, 2021, 12:05:28 AM

It says in that exact link that "he did not play due to his desire to leave the club"

What more do you want ? Anguisssa to come knock on your door and tell you personally ?

Perry, two things.

There's a difference between Anguissa refusing to play and Silva refusing to pick him. You've said you read an article about Anguissa refusing to play but the link above clearly states that Silva didn't want to pick him because Anguissa is looking to leave

Secondly, this link was published about 6 hours ago, how the hell did you read it unless Peter is using you sub edit his work for the Athletic these days.

Anguissa is off - nobody is really arguing that. Your character assassination of him based on nothing is bit much though.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: perry geyton on August 10, 2021, 12:05:28 AM

"However, it is understood that Silva does not want anyone involved who is not committed to the club's promotion push, and as a result, Anguissa played no part against Middlesbrough."

Silva dropped him because he has said he wants to leave, there was no mention of a refusal to play. You own it. It was you that made up some utter bullsh!t for reasons that I still don't really understand and you got caught out.

I would be extremely embarrassed if I were you, tbh.

Statto

Got to say I'm with Perry. Saying you don't want to do something in this context is effectively the same as refusing to do it. No manager is going to pick a player who's said he doesn't want to play, because it means they'll probably play crap and be a miserable sod which will bring the other players down.

perry geyton

Quote from: Statto on August 10, 2021, 12:45:09 AM
Got to say I'm with Perry. Saying you don't want to do something in this context is effectively the same as refusing to do it. No manager is going to pick a player who's said he doesn't want to play, because it means they'll probably play crap and be a miserable sod which will bring the other players down.
Can't believe this lot are excusing him, just can't admit their wrong
F him
And that type of behavior is Toxic in and around the dressing room